Can someone official please get us an explanation?

• @Ben_pz said in Can someone official please get us an explanation?:

The only positive I can think of is these divs will look quite attractive once sell orders come in as a truer reflection of the worth of players shares come to roost (a lot less than they are showing currently)

If full OB's were in play I suspect we'd be looking at keepers throughout the top 200 right now

• @ChazFI123 said in Can someone official please get us an explanation?:

@johnboywalker you seem have to been very quiet? Or have I missed your thoughts on yesterday? Or are your thoughts a bit like Pandora’s box 🤣🤣

Still taking it all in mate ... there are positives and negatives.

Along with others, I'm very much underwhelmed with the announcement, but also understanding that the Index are attempting to be 'fiscally responsible' in the current climate.

I think they need to stop the pie in the sky bullshit posturing 🚀 and just be honest with traders. The recent tweet from Adam Cole was the first time I've seen him actually play down expectations. It was refreshing.

Team of the month is a great idea, but announcing goalkeeper divs at this time is a poor decision. It simply caused money to transfer from top to bottom, at a time when consumer confidence in the platform was already nearing an all time low.

GKs should have had their own category years ago, but I cannot fathom why they thought now was the ideal time to implement it ... 🙃🤡

Most are still stuck in their current holds with no realistic chance of exiting without taking a massive financial hit.

The platform will now likely be stagnant until the introduction of sell orders at the earliest.

But here's the worrying question I ask myself;

If you had the opportunity to sell your entire portfolio today and walk away (temporarily or permanently) with your current profit, would you?

I think the majority would say yes, which only increases the frustration being felt by many that they are currently being held to ransom by FI.

• @johnboywalker
    Summed up in a nutshell! 😁

• @johnboywalker

If I could sell up my entire portfolio right now, I would.

Then I'd stick it all into keepers.

• @johnboywalker I’d probably walk for 10% under ‘portfolio value’ now.

• @deano said in Can someone official please get us an explanation?:

@Ericali it is your score added together not average so in this case score would be 700

Thanks 😊

So 3 top scores added up per month. 👌

I can live with that. Still, the same scenario persists. The cheap PB golden oldies still stand to benefit the most in the TOTM as with a few wins they could end up paying off 50% of their current value

• @Ericali said in Can someone official please get us an explanation?:

@deano said in Can someone official please get us an explanation?:

@Ericali it is your score added together not average so in this case score would be 700

Thanks 😊

So 3 top scores added up per month. 👌

I can live with that. Still, the same scenario persists. The cheap PB golden oldies still stand to benefit the most in the TOTM as with a few wins they could end up paying off 50% of their current value

0_1594383129498_C010A5AC-C1F8-494B-83B8-E8197369FEAF.png

Make of that what you will but in general a lot of the returns will probably be similar this season as it is being scored on the same matrix. Are there many golden oldies on there paying 50% of their value?

• @Ericali .Well said and on the mark as usual

• Imagine how much the TOTM will come into people's thinking for the Euro's. With no other football on player values are going to shoot up come the end the season.

Your Ramos, Di Maria, Perisic, Muller all hover around a £1 are now stonking value.

Holding this quartet this season would have won you a total of 3p via Ramos (who looks good to win this month). TOTM clearly benefits already favoured top end PB holds.

I think GK's PB and TOTM are both decent additions overall (although never been particularly excited about the latter). However, they definitely would not have been my priority at this time, all things considered.

• @Keegans-Bluff said in Can someone official please get us an explanation?:

@Ericali said in Can someone official please get us an explanation?:

Your Ramos, Di Maria, Perisic, Muller all hover around a £1 are now stonking value.

Holding this quartet this season would have won you a total of 3p via Ramos (who looks good to win this month). TOTM clearly benefits already favoured top end PB holds.

I think GK's PB and TOTM are both decent additions overall (although never been particularly excited about the latter). However, they definitely would not have been my priority at this time, all things considered.

Are you suggesting that eric is being deliberately misleading so that people buy players that he has in his portfolio? I don't believe it.

I'm also quite certain none of the aforementioned players will have been listed by him so they can be sold as some more gullible traders take his word at face value without checking things like facts first, no siree, not eric.

• @NewUser731 said in Can someone official please get us an explanation?:

Imagine how much the TOTM will come into people's thinking for the Euro's. With no other football on player values are going to shoot up come the end the season.

only 11 months to wait and see the rise in that Swiss player. Result

• @Keegans-Bluff Yes but in normal PB divs those 4 players have won 60p in total this season?! A much better ROI than most in the top 10...

• @Marksandygill the point is those players haven’t benefited from TOTM, so their value hasn’t changed

• @Marksandygill sure, there's always great ROI opportunities at the lower end, if you pick the right ones...

Perisic 12.70%
    Ramos 29.75%
    Di Maria 11.01%
    Muller 3.28%

But my point was that TOTM gives a significant boost to premium PB holds, if we look at who would have won this season. Kimmich, TAA and Messi dominate, although there are a couple of cheaper holds who would have won 10-12p (none of the above four though).

@Westy some of the golden oldies could pay for themselves over the course of one season!

There's £1.20 per position on offer just from the TOTM.

"Your Ramos, Di Maria, Perisic, Muller all hover around a £1 are now stonking value."

Translation - "I have Ramos, Di Maria, Perisic and Muller in the sell queue and I want you to buy them."

Tell me I'm wrong.

Winky face.

• @Yellow said in Can someone official please get us an explanation?:

@Ericali said in Can someone official please get us an explanation?:

@Westy some of the golden oldies could pay for themselves over the course of one season!

There's £1.20 per position on offer just from the TOTM.

"Your Ramos, Di Maria, Perisic, Muller all hover around a £1 are now stonking value."

Translation - "I have Ramos, Di Maria, Perisic and Muller in the sell queue and I want you to buy them."

Tell me I'm wrong.

Winky face.

I only own Di Maria & Perisic from the 4 but neither are in the sell queue.

Both are good at PB & Perisic is coming to the PL in the close season & Neymar is (hopefully) heading back to Barcelona leaving the path clear for Di Maria to sweep up the top scores in the French league most weeks.

The other 2 I have owned in the past & are again under consideration. 😉👌

• the silence from FI on the GK market problem is starting to make me think they were ignorant to the issues it would cause which is more worrying than them purposely doing it to shake the money about.

If they'd done it on purpose, id hope that they would have come out with a statement reasoning their decision, even if it was totally honest and said they needed the commission and minting money to survive- that'd be better than nothing at all.