The new divs announcement is AMAZING - just wait!

• You guys moaning or disappointed. You don't get it. Think bigger picture.

Firstly, the gk divs category was a curveball but fine, I'll accept that. The area that was neglected now is represented and it completes the PB structure making it "future proof".
    It's only a small payout and once this initial scramble to own keepers dies down, money will return to those players in your port that were ISd during the FOMO 👍🏻

Secondly, the BIG ONE...Team of The Month. Absolutely amazing! "But it's only 10p you're playing for" or "it's just an extra gold and silver day added, rubbish!" I am seeing a lot. WRONG!
    It's 51p EXTRA dividends, not just 10p. In a balanced portfolio, its not inconceivable to get 3, 4 or 5+winners a month BY DOING NOTHING! You don't even have to renew the shares like with IPD's and you can even buy players with just over a week to go in that month to still qualify for the payouts if they get into the TOTM! It's incredible.
    It will add so much value to consistent performers, whilst the cheap stocks will still hit that gold day lottery now and then, which incidentally has risen slightly too!

TOTM is a masterstroke - it's definitely going to strike a chord with the fantasy football type punter, and the strategy and enjoyment levels are going to be unprecedented. Researching fixtures in advance becomes more rewarding, and picture this....
    it's the 21st of the month - You own Messi, who is top of TOTM fwds with 660 points, Ronaldo second on 650. Werner for Chelsea is 3rd on 595. Barcelona have no more games left but Juve and Chelsea have one. IMAGINE THE EXCITEMENT AND TENSION WATCHING THOSE GAMES! Praying for a score of under 200 from each! Ahhhh but heartbreak on 30th of the month as out of nowhere Dries Mertens bags a hat trick for Napoli and a 307 score, pushing his average from out of the placings into the top spot and taking the 10p! Oh the drama lads!!! IMAGINE THIS EXCITMENT x 11 (the number of positions you can win divs from).

I say again, this enjoyment and drama, coupled with the relative predictability in winning (you get 3 weeks worth of results before you need to buy!) is going to catapult Fi towards that billion pound target! It's incredible. The whales will come!!

And we've STILL got media, another fairly predictable dividend income, AND regular PB and Ipds.

Honestly I'm so stunned at the adverse reaction from traders. Bigger picture, this is MASSIVE!

• @ScouseSte The problem is it is a once a month div payout, a normal div increase would be payed out multiple times a month. They have also sneakily made the punters help pay for the ‘increase’ by adding in a category for keepers. They must have made a small fortune yesterday with all the holds being IS’d to jump on the new trend. I do like the idea of TOTM, but personally think it will not sustain the market until the next div review comes along.

• @Martin-M said in The new divs announcement is AMAZING - just wait!:

@ScouseSte The problem is it is a once a month div payout, a normal div increase would be payed out multiple times a month. They have also sneakily made the punters help pay for the ‘increase’ by adding in a category for keepers. They must have made a small fortune yesterday with all the holds being IS’d to jump on the new trend. I do like the idea of TOTM, but personally think it will not sustain the market until the next div review comes along.

It's 11 div payouts per month... and it's on top of your normal payouts.

But it's more than that. It's a market driver.

Look at Williian, he's up 20%.... why? Well he's in the form of his life and oh yeah, he's got 2 star man scores on the board and now 2 weeks of people waking up to the fact he's likely to get a 10p payout... so every day more and more people will notice...

Think about how dividends impact prices on early match days... for example, the 10am game, a 50p player bangs in a hatrick, gets a score of 350.... he spends the next 3 hours rising until the cut off. Well, now you've got weeks of that.

• @Martin-M

Look at PB winners for the last 3 or 4 days.

It seems like so many traders wanted to see gold days at 25p + 15p star player or whatever. BIG MONEY PAYOUTS! Looks nice on paper, sure, but the reality of any of us winning those payouts is tiny, unless we have ports of 100-200 players!

Look at Bruno since the premier league restarted. Zero PB wins. But he's come close. Under the old divs structure, he won zero PB in June. Heading the same way in July.
    Yet now, he is in with a chance of divs from his consistent good play! On top of his media wins, and he could still snatch a couple of PB wins between now and the end of the month - he could go from zero PB now to an 18p gold day win in the last game of the month and also snatch 10p TOTM top mid! Think about that. Just one scenario where a gold day is worth 28p in some aspect.

I am 100% certain that everyone will buy into this over the next few weeks once the dust settles on the GK FOMO and the Dex will rocket!

• @Dan-The-Man

Dan I can't understand why so many are so short sighted on this mate?? It's amazing

• I agree TOTM is a great addition. However I feel FI have used that and the GKs introduction to try to mask the fact that the overall increase is minimal. All under the guise of 'well this is what you all wanted' per the survey results. I am underwhelmed to say the least.

• @ScouseSte I think you are the one not seeing. Slow to react to what the div announcement really means. With no IS good luck with guys like Willian... Its an extremely risky game of chicken as people will bail out before the div payout...just like ipds.

• @Coriolanus said in The new divs announcement is AMAZING - just wait!:

@ScouseSte I think you are the one not seeing. Slow to react to what the div announcement really means. With no IS good luck with guys like Willian... Its an extremely risky game of chicken as people will bail out before the div payout...just like ipds.

Some will, but others could spend the whole month talking about how Willian is Player of the Month... driving home the fact that he's in form, advertising that he's recently had brilliant PB scores to a wider audience who might not have being paying attention.

• @Coriolanus said in The new divs announcement is AMAZING - just wait!:

@ScouseSte I think you are the one not seeing. Slow to react to what the div announcement really means. With no IS good luck with guys like Willian... Its an extremely risky game of chicken as people will bail out before the div payout...just like ipds.

Mate let's be honest, whatever FI brought out yesterday you would be critical. You are fully immersed in Footstock now and i can't respect any criticism you make of this platform anymore. You nailed your colours to the mast and are only on here now to spread more negativity and fuel a mutiny.

(I do still agree that removing IS was bang out of order though)

• Nobody has been forced to sell to buy goalkeepers. They made a choice to buy goalkeepers.

Has anybody got any optimism/relevance for players not at CL/EL clubs?

If TOTM uses the multiplier what’s the point of having all the other players?

• @ScouseSte market reacted... I didn't drop all those players mate. Div announcements usually result in boom. Lots on twitter... Even FITP... Have been saying if its less than X% it's the last straw. I get your need for positivity and protecting your port but when you make statements like "why can't others see this" when youve been wrong about IS 'just wait for tomo it will be fine' etc. Look at what the market is telling you. Calculate the value of keepers compare to your premiums. The totm is another gimmick to cover up that the increase has fallen severely short.

• @ScouseSte said in The new divs announcement is AMAZING - just wait!:

It's 51p EXTRA dividends, not just 10p. In a balanced portfolio, its not inconceivable to get 3, 4 or 5+winners a month BY DOING NOTHING! You don't even have to renew the shares like with IPD's and you can even buy players with just over a week to go in that month to still qualify for the payouts if they get into the TOTM!

I read the following as you buy before the 21st and you have the chance for 'that month' only?
    0_1594365718239_upload-adc9d807-6988-4e90-bbeb-c464fce955b0

Or you on about something else mate?

• @PaulM said in The new divs announcement is AMAZING - just wait!:

If TOTM uses the multiplier what’s the point of having all the other players?

Because Ramirez isn't in the Champions League but if he repeated last seasons divs at his current price, he'd return 75% in divs + what ever CAP AP that goes with it.

• @PaulM

Paul. IF the multiplier is in effect for the TOTM, think of it like media. It's predictable.

So, instead of moaning that Bruno is winning media all the time... what did I do recently? BUY HIM!

TAA was doing really well under the current PB structure. People moaned. Smart people BOUGHT HIM!

Gentlemen, the index is now offering a predictable PB dividend that you can all have a piece of, up to a week before it's paid out!
    A gifthorse is coming - don't just look it in the mouth!!

• I just hope they start publishing an updated TOTM leader board during the month, it will help drive prices particularly for the lower end of the market if those players are in a good position pre-21st of each month.

• @Millerman said in The new divs announcement is AMAZING - just wait!:

@ScouseSte said in The new divs announcement is AMAZING - just wait!:

It's 51p EXTRA dividends, not just 10p. In a balanced portfolio, its not inconceivable to get 3, 4 or 5+winners a month BY DOING NOTHING! You don't even have to renew the shares like with IPD's and you can even buy players with just over a week to go in that month to still qualify for the payouts if they get into the TOTM!

I read the following as you buy before the 21st and you have the chance for 'that month' only?

Mate this is the problem - you guys don't understand. TOTM is not like IPD's !

I can leave my port now for a year and every month my players can win TOTM.

BY DOING NOTHING!!

It's brilliant

@ScouseSte said in The new divs announcement is AMAZING - just wait!:

Nah, someone got clarification from FI that all shares count. You don't need to renew them... you just need to have them before the 21st of the month if you want to be counted for that month.

• But where does it say the shares we currently have are for ever in the ToTm?

Point it out because I am lost please?

But where does it say the shares we currently have are for ever in the ToTm?

Point it out because I am lost please?

"ALL SHARES BOUGHT BEFORE"

• @ScouseSte Some good points from yourself and Dan, things I didn’t think of, but for me and increase in silver and bronze match days would have helped drive the market more than a new category for keepers. I guess it will be good for the long term, but I put in a bit of cash and spent it prior to the announcement and it now feels like I have wasted it. Could be a little while before I see any returns on what I just invested.