So now ive slept on it.....

• IM STILL FUCKING RAGING but....

After sleeping on it and giving myself time to reflect i can honestly say im still pissed but after throwing my toys out of the pram ive awoke this morning, gathered them all back up and took a trip to cash converters and sell them and buy new toys to play the game.

So i sold of a lot of my players that had reasonable spreads to use the money to buy what I consider the top 3 best keepers from each PB league. My reasoning behind this is that keepers are priced stupidly low now. If you compare the dividends up for grabs excluding MB on a gold day it looks like this:

Fwd, Mid and Def - 10p. 18p with star man
    GK - 3p. 11p with star man

Obviously im including the opportunity for star man as thats up for grabs for any position so im going to include it even if keepers are unlikely to win it

So looking at the highest price players for each position based on the PB up for offer:

Fwd, Greenwood £10.11
    Mid, Sancho £13.97
    Def, TAA £10.25
    GK, Henderson £1.50

GK are way of the pace i feel that they now have their own category they should be at least £3 or £4 but considering how small the pool of players competing for that dividend is its now the easiest dividend on the index to obtain and for that reason i can see the best keepers rising to £6 or £7

Now i realise that Greenwood and Sancho are more MB than PB but as a bench mark TAA is most definitely PB. So even considering PB only for Fwd and Mid that would put Neymar and Kimmich in those places instead which still demonstrates the value in keepers due to the limited pool the compete in.

Im still extremely pissed btw as i had to incur some big loses to play the new game in front of us but im confident that backing keepers is the way forward now. If i could i would sell up most my portfolio to lump it all in this one category for at least the next 12 months

• @Black-Wolf you are lucky you have players with decent spreads to sell off.

I got lucky at 17:31 and picked up 2 keepers before the massive rise it’s the only reason my daily profit isn’t as red as it could have been.

I’d love to buy more keepers as you’re right ROI on them is definitely the way forward, but I’m not putting more cash in currently.

• @Sav2000 i only managed to buy 15 keepers with 100 shares of each and when i say spreads were reasonable by that it was players i had a big enough profit margin in to absorb some of the hit

• Am I right in thinking Champions League goalkeepers have an edge in the Team of the month with the PB multiplier? There's only 8 goalkeepers left in the champions League and there's probably only 2 or 3 of them you'd back with confidence

• @Dalian-Smyth and Europa league. Another easy draw for United too.

• @ChazFI123
    Good point. It does seem a real small bunch of keepers going to be competing for the divs.

• @Dalian-Smyth yeah and the shelf life of keepers means age isnt as much of a concern. Im not too bothered about team of the month but ill take as a bonus. I want a regular flow of dividends and PB keepers are now the easiest dividend to farm in my opinion

• @Dalian-Smyth the thing I thought of as well, Romero plays in goal for United in the Europa usually so there's a chance that De Gea doesn't get that added bonus. Champions League draw is pretty rubbish too, 4 giants all on the same side of the draw

• @Black-Wolf did you buy from the market or get some bids accepted?

• @ChazFI123 no i bought from market and nearly all of them are up at least 5% already

• I got a couple of bids accepted but other than that I've been buying from the market. If I can get out of a few players this weekend then I'll be horsing it into goalies.

• @Black-Wolf question is now do I take a £75 on 2 players to make funds available to buy 100 shares in 4 of the better scoring 'average PB' goalkeepers?

• The more I think about it the more upset i get. Introducing GK now was just another way of squeezing a few more grand out of our pockets and into theirs. Sounds a bit like a desperate move and I don't like the direction this is going. I'm starting to feel ripped off and stuck on a sinking ship. All my profits are disappearing before my eyes whilst theirs increase massively and there is not much I can do about i. It worries me they are not interested in stimulating the market and their own survival/well being takes precedence and the rate at which all this is happening is also worrying. Apologies for the dramatic tone but it is my current sentiment

• Don’t the keepers that usually score high Pb play with lower to middling teams that get their goals peppered with shots 🤔. I remember Dragowski saving 20+ shots and winning

• @Dalian-Smyth And don't forget International qualifiers - so some of the teams that don't dominate games, but keep clean sheets - their keepers could be in for a shout 5 or 6 times a year when its double header games.

So its trying to find a keeper that is national number 1, along with a pb and decent european team......easy as that :-)

• I expect Neuer to be the main benefit of all this, can see him swimming in the divs most weeks.

• @Shippers Bayern bought a new exciting keeper for next season. He's supposed to be the 'new' Neuer. I'm not saying that Neuer is losing his place straightaway but there is that to consider

• @Gregolocky said in So now ive slept on it.....:

Don’t the keepers that usually score high Pb play with lower to middling teams that get their goals peppered with shots 🤔. I remember Dragowski saving 20+ shots and winning

That's where the value is.

Don't get me wrong, if I was a whale I'd still be buying Alisson for the easy life. But there is still exceptional value further down for the smaller wallets.

• Something I’ve been thinking about is, maybe FI have decided to try take money out of the top end for the time being to compact the market. By doing this it hurts some of the current holders in the short term, but they’ve now stopped the top end running away and quenched any talk of a share split for the foreseeable future.
    With the huge marketing campaign due for the new season this makes the top end look appealing to these new users.
    It’s just a thought mind.

• @Millerman said in So now ive slept on it.....:

@Dalian-Smyth And don't forget International qualifiers - so some of the teams that don't dominate games, but keep clean sheets - their keepers could be in for a shout 5 or 6 times a year when its double header games.

So its trying to find a keeper that is national number 1, along with a pb and decent european team......easy as that :-)

It's a narrow field that. I'll do my research.I'm sensing an unlikely champion will emerge from all this. The Trent of goalkeepers. Surely that guy isn't the pricey Dean Henderson although he does tick alot of boxes.