If Dividend review was 6 monthly this would have been a great review.

• Reflections on the announcement

Only 3 years ago this product only had Media Buzz
    Then PB was announced
    Then IPD's

Nearly every new user asks why is there no goalkeeper category

So yesterday they just about made the perfect product with:

Media Dividends ensure payments 365 days a year.
    IPD's offer match day opportunities for short term trading
    Performance Dividends ensure each player in every position has a chance to win each time they take the pitch
    Now TOTM offers cash for consistent performances
    The forthcoming Nasdaq platform should provide technology way beyond the pretty poor IT we currently have
    Full order books will provide the ability to wheel and deal

This makes the product a real player in the gambling market with a really well rounded proposition that makes Fantasy Football and traditional football gambling look boring.

However the current level of cash returns for winning look just to low to make the higher priced players good value and the savvy investors here are struggling to see how prices can rise when any dividend increase is 12 months away.

If the next dividend review was say January 1st I think this would have been much better received as we would have the new options to win with the belief that in January all they could do is raise the current dividends as there would be nothing else to do and therefore players would have increased over the next few months in readiness for the increase.

There is too much talk of long term when new products like this need regular carrots to continue to grow.

• They've taken a ton of money out of the market (all of us) and continue to do so and what do they do? Throw a few breadcrumbs to appease the poor. Shocking!

• @Silver said in If Dividend review was 6 monthly this would have been a great review.:

They've taken a ton of money out of the market (all of us) and continue to do so and what do they do? Throw a few breadcrumbs to appease the poor. Shocking!

Couldn’t agree with you more on that 👏

• @Sol Unfortunately that is the way I see it. This was the perfect opportunity to inject some optimist and momentum into the market and they've blown it big time. Can't help but feel extremely disappointed

• @Fletch said in If Dividend review was 6 monthly this would have been a great review.:

Reflections on the announcement

However the current level of cash returns for winning look just to low to make the higher priced players good value and the savvy investors here are struggling to see how prices can rise when any dividend increase is 12 months away.

Do you think people will start bargain hunting?

• @Dan-The-Man I never stopped.

• @London-Is-Blue said in If Dividend review was 6 monthly this would have been a great review.:

@Dan-The-Man I never stopped.

Same... well apart from that 3 months where I did nothing.

• @Fletch Yup, they have made a rod for their own back in a way with such low increases to PB/MB, however lets not forget this simple fact, if FI see's a decline on the money coming in, or seen LOADS leaving the index, they will react.

It's in FI best intrest to want us to keep pumping money into this thing. I have a feeling they will do whatever is needed to make sure that happens, they usually always do.

• Was a tad disappointed yesterday, not gonna lie. But 30% is still decent. There’s a good chance this won’t be the only dividend increase for the next 12 months. They may have left a surprise up their sleeve. Just a gut feel. They probably didnt want to spunk their dividend load all at once. Most likely they will let this sink in, and then offer some more incentives in 6 months time to keep the market growing towards their 1BN target.
    Personally really excited about new MOTM feature. It’s laughable seeing ppl instant selling PB hardcore players like kroo’s today. With the announcement of MOTM I expected to see a big rise in these players but most are falling?? These are exactly the type of players to benefit massively from the extra MOTM dividends! It’s almost like ppl do not understand how FI works. To prove the point he went and won again tonight. 😐

• @Valhalla Some people are very "reactionary" for whatever reason and they will chase the profit trying to catch every penny. Not my cup of tea but I love them all the same as these people are needed, as at some point they will do the exact same thing on my holds come exit time and thats when I cash out.

The ebb and flow of things if you will lol