Is it worth trying to sell to market?

• Is it even worth trying to sell to market anymore with the new bidding system?

When do folks think it will become attractive to sell to market again? When the commission free period on placing a bid ends? How will the new Sell orders affect selling to market?

And when are people's predictions on when we will start to see a decrease in the spreads? Not a good time at the moment if you're wanting to sell up.

• @NewUser161744 depends on the player, who you talking about

• This post is deleted!

• @Shippers No one player in particular, I'm talking more generally.

Most people will currently buy players through bidding rather than buy market price. I'm wondering what needs to happen for there to be a shift away from bidding. Will that ever happen? Listed profits in players are now way above what you can actually sell them for given very few buy at market price anymore

• It is all about timing, if you would market listed Greenwood, Foden or a gk at various points the past month they probably would have sold. Something needs to happen to make a player to good to risk having money sat in bids for them to sell.

• Yes, I've sold some fairly random players to market this last month. I was in no hurry to sell them, so that helps if you have patience.

If you need to do it quickly, then you have no choice but to use the matching engine.

• I'm hoping it's just temporary until things go back to normal, as normal as it could be. If F.I. hadn't changed their selling model, everyone would've sold up and the site would probably be insolvent.

If they keep it like this, though, I don't see many more deposits coming their way.

• @kristiang85 What do you think made users choose to buy those random players at market price rather than the bidding system? Just speed of purchasing the player? I assume it wasn't because they were in a rush to get an in-form player if you say they were fairly random players.

• @mouldywilson Everyone would have sold up but the money was still in our hands and ready to be put back in. As it stands all that money is now in a vacuum and by the looks of things will stay in that vacuum. The FI vacuum

• @NewUser161744 said in Is it worth trying to sell to market?:

@kristiang85 What do you think made users choose to buy those random players at market price rather than the bidding system? Just speed of purchasing the player? I assume it wasn't because they were in a rush to get an in-form player if you say they were fairly random players.

A couple went when they were having a good game, but most went randomly. I think the vast majority of people either don't have the patience for bids to be matched, or just simply don't know they have the option.

Is it even worth trying to sell to market anymore with the new bidding system?

When do folks think it will become attractive to sell to market again? When the commission free period on placing a bid ends? How will the new Sell orders affect selling to market?

And when are people's predictions on when we will start to see a decrease in the spreads? Not a good time at the moment if you're wanting to sell up.

In a word ‘NO’. You can only market sell now if a player has a serious spike due to major transfer news or a big dividend haul and even then (at the lower end, you don’t sell anything). A sell side is needed ASAP.

• @NewUser161744 when i try to sell a player i only have the option to sell at a price the platform sets..i still dont get how ppl on here can sell for cheaper when there isnt an option to..the only way to sell for cheaper is to lower the shares your selling

i know the matching engine is for buying cheaper but a selling one ive not seen any option unless its one to one on this forum which you shouldnt be able to rely on

• @Rob-E There are two ways of selling:

1. add to sell queue aka market sell. When you reach the top of queue, your shares will be sold at the market buy price at that point. You can also add a reserve price which will cancel the sale below a price of your choosing.

2. Instant sell. The IS price shown is the average of the top 300 bids placed on the player. There may be no bids however, and therefore this option would be blank. However, there are regularly higher bids available, which you can view by clicking on the sell button. I would keep an eye on the IS value as it can fluctuate significantly.

• @NewUser161744 depending on your number of shares, I would suggest putting some up to market sell then keeping an eye on the IS for a reasonable out otherwise. Firstly, market makers buying some players at full price are in play (as per FI game rules) and secondly, you can cancel and exit in a more timely fashion if you need to.

It is fair to say that it is hard to sell right now for a decent price for most players - I think a lot of the ones that you can sell easily are worth holding onto!

• @FootballArgos cheers mate but im afraid thats gone right over my head haha ill just stick to market buying and selling i think as ive not used the matching engine once either not got the head for it

Is it even worth trying to sell to market anymore with the new bidding system?

Simply put... It needs sellers to hold their nerve and not IS unless they desperately need a sale now.

It's a vicious circle. Sellers think they have to IS so they IS. Which means buyers bids are matched so they have no incentive to market buy. So no market sales which means sellers have to IS and so on.

Reverse that for a second.... Sellers stop pressing the IS button. Buyers can't get bids matched so they have to market buy which means that more market sales go through which means sellers don't think they need to press IS.

This is reason 267 why the announcement was so disappointing. If it generated a surge in market evenly. Sellers would have stopped pressing IS and it may have reversed the trend.

• Instead it's done the opposite....

As well as being a crap rise generally. Its also led to a change in market where people have had to IS to get on keepers so exacerbating the vicious circle.

Temped to drop my rating of the crappy announcement from 3 to 2.

• so why are loads of players dropping in price there cannot be that amount of people putting players on the market as they know that they will not sell and if they are instantly selling they are not going back to f I so they should not drop

• Banned

@NewUser130968
    It is people listing.

• @Rob-E I would really recommend using ME to at least buy players. Put some cheeky bids in and see what happens, you can grab some bargains if you are willing to wait. It is also worth a check what you can instant sell single shares as the price on the first page will be the average to sell 300 but if you sell in smaller quantities people may have bid over that average price so you could sell 10 for example at a significantly higher price than the one first displayed.