Have you taken a hit to invest in g/k's?

• As per the original question? I'm pondering taking a hit on some of my players, but some of the spreads are just too much. I'm only a small investor, and am wary of throwing away too much of what I have made (on paper) to invest in them. Also some of the players I am at a loss on, I just don't now whether to take that hit and re-invest. I do feel some of those I am losing on can claw back on, but don't want to miss the train

• No.

Not getting involved personally.

• @ScouseSte Whats the reason you aren't getting involved? I have seen you comment plenty on here, and you seem well informed and reliable, just interested to pick the minds of people more experienced

• Think about it this way, sell at a loss and then you have to make that loss back as well as hopefully profit from what you buy!

It's a 3 year bet, if you're happy with what you have, stick with it, don't chase profit!😄

• @Marksandygill Very wise words thank you. Yes I guess I am thinking of just chasing profit

• @Lillychar1216 said in Have you taken a hit to invest in g/k's?:

@ScouseSte Whats the reason you aren't getting involved? I have seen you comment plenty on here, and you seem well informed and reliable, just interested to pick the minds of people more experienced

I acknowledge there are opportunities in keepers but I have a strategy and to divert from it to chase the shiny new thing would kill me if it didn't work out.

I've got a great portfolio with only a couple of dogs to shift so there isn't really anyone I could sell in any volume to get involved anyway. I'd have to IS my worst holds at 50% so absolutely not worth it. And even though my top end players are dipping, they'll be back.

Happy to ride out this one and accept any portfolio drop for the overall good of the platform. It's going to work out well. This time next year Rodders 😜

• Yes, play the game that's in front of you. Roll with the punches. Other equally appropriate phrases on demand

• I took some loss on 6 players who never seem to score well enough on the matrix and given goalkeepers look cheap given the possible returns when their category kicks in next season it seemed a sensible gamble if there is such a thing.

• @ScouseSte Thanks for your input. Exactly my fears about IS'ing anyone i'm willing to let go, would have to take a bit hit on them, and although they are down at the moment, do feel they will come back, just a case of when. I know there is no football in some leagues at the moment, and my big losers are mainly from Bundesliga, hopefully get back up there once they restart

• @Lillychar1216 said in Have you taken a hit to invest in g/k's?:

@ScouseSte Thanks for your input. Exactly my fears about IS'ing anyone i'm willing to let go, would have to take a bit hit on them, and although they are down at the moment, do feel they will come back, just a case of when. I know there is no football in some leagues at the moment, and my big losers are mainly from Bundesliga, hopefully get back up there once they restart

I've got about 30-35% of my port in Bundesliga players mate so I know what you're going through.
    But come September, they will rise again.

• No. Not selling at a less than optimal time to get involved. May put future dividends into them but not from enforced sales. Also traders are notoriously fickle and the GK prices may drop in 6 weeks or so.

• @Lillychar1216 I'm definitely not selling to plough into GKs but I'm risk averse and my port already had a few goalies. (Sadly couldn't cancel my Henderson sell order but hey-ho!) It might pay off but I'd argue that post-GK rush, it's more likely to not quite pan out. Unless you can identify someone who hasn't risen much who has good PB potential!

• @Martyn-B That's my thought now, just putting any div's into them. Thank you

• @FootballArgos That's the thing, it's a whole new game learning about the g/k's now and spotting the potential before others.... But I guess that's part of the fun of this!!

• @Lillychar1216 yeah there's some good posts on here and Twitter, go investigate if you haven't! I would just advise caution in terms of setting your port back to go forwards without really doing some research into potential div winners. Things like IndexGain and Footy Index Scout will probably be helpful too

• I had a lot of bids in the engine that were slowly being matched and pulled them all today and bought 10000 shares in keepers today...... barely knew some of the blokes names till this morning... reckon it had to be done but didn’t like doing it as I never have given much of shit about them till now!

• Take the games tonight if it included GK category... you would have 4 GK competing for a 1p dividend and suppose the teams play 4-4-2 that means 16 def, 16 mid, and 8 forwards going for 2p in each category. Goalkeepers are a comparatively small pool and are good odds to pick up divi's.

• @FootballArgos I've looked at Indexgain, and seen most of the posts on here. Knowledge is slowly growing! Yeh am wary of going back to go forwards. Am thinking of just investing div's for now unless I can get out at an acceptable price on some holds.

• I’ve sold 100x greenwood and foden And a deposit to plough into my goalkeepers

The value in 20/30/40p goalkeepers who play refuels in PB leagues are insane IMO

Bought 4/5 goalkeeper fork Pb leagues at 4/600 each I can’t see how GK will not rise heading into next season.

• @ScouseSte Same here with the large percentage of Bundesliga players given they said they were expanding into Germany shortly. What’s happening with that now?