3k to spend on keepers today

• @Finlay77 said in 3k to spend on keepers today:

Nobody mentions vaclik at sevilla, could be a quality hold

I've held for a while and topped up when he got injured last week.
    I also invested in Bounou, his temporary replacement, and he got top DEF tonight so that was a big bonus.

I currently have:
    Vaclik
    Bounou
    Sepe
    Gulacsi
    Martinez

although I could easily have bought a dozen or so more, had to stop myself from spending money I don't really have though.

• I got on 16 GKs late Friday night and added Hradecky yesterday evening.

Outlay £820. Currently £130 profit. Not bad for 48 hours non work.

Won't lie I've been fairly vocal on Twitter. Adding goalkeeper charts to popular Twitter FI accounts to try and get extra traction. Also sent a question for the FIG podcast (not listened yet so no idea if it was answered).

• Nick Pope for me, he will be Englands number 1 in the next Tournament and has kept 14 clean sheets this season with Burnley. Very Impresive.

• @JonesyFI-WH got me £8 divs last night tho. Picked up 400 @£0.13

• @Matt-flint nice work mate :)

• I’ve held keepers before when ipd’s were decent value, incredibly boring to hold, don’tthe get the buzz like you do for assisting and scoring.
    Be interesting to see how they play out long term.

• @JonesyFI-WH The problem is now shifting him!!

• @Tom77 low maintenance tom. They can just sit there and earn you money. Everyone should have a few keepers that can now just sit in your portfolio and be forgotten about

• @Black-Wolf said in 3k to spend on keepers today:

@Tom77 low maintenance tom. They can just sit there and earn you money. Everyone should have a few keepers that can now just sit in your portfolio and be forgotten about

So can other players though

• @Tom77 yeah but theyve already had years of growth from the PB system and can get screwed by one transfer link, squad rotation or just a substitution. Yes a transfer can still shit on your keeper hold but its a lot less common and easier to keep on top of

• @Number5 said in 3k to spend on keepers today:

@Black-Wolf that's why I am in bit of a dilemma..seeing Dyabla and Neymar killing my port balance.

I wouldn't worry about them, just put them to the back of your mind.. I am still holding both and I expect their time will come again once the keeper frenzy has slowed up a bit and the CL comes back with new season on the horizon.. likewise kimmich etc

• @Finlay77 said in 3k to spend on keepers today:

@Baydog also i am going to keep the 70p-£2 players and build them up, afterall, we watch football for goals in that respect! Im a lover of corner bets so i guess gk port is probably up my street 😂

Lover of corner bets that made me laugh 😂 In my 20s if my acca didn't come in I'd quite often lump a tenner on who was going to kick off in the late game to win back my stake 😂

I do agree with you on your keeper strategy, I'm going to do the same. I am going to try and buy enough outfield players just to push them all off the first page of my port so I don't need to look at them per se - and let them do their thing for the next couple of years... God dam'n keepers. That said, for the first time in about 6 weeks my 24hr reading has gone into the green (0.6%), but overall for the week at 1.4% down... I don't want to get too carried away on keepers as they pretty much disgust me, but you cannot really argue with the potential that is there for an income stream

• @Tom77 This is one of my main worries too. They don't satisfy the psychological tickbox that goals and assists do.

FI introducing a separate keeper category isn't going to change the footballing world. Keepers get talked about, but nowhere near as much as outfield players.

Plus the variance of keeper scores tend to be so low, the competition will be even more fierce than outfield players. The points range is so much smaller and therefore more congested. Its not that rare for a forward or midfielder to score 300 points or more, keepers (as an entire category) will never routinely achieve those scores. So if you have an elite midfielder or striker, you can rely on variance working in your favour, every now and then they'll score 300 points or more (highly likely that you'll get dividends of some sort), you do not get that with goalkeepers. There is not the potential for that gigantic points barrier for dividend wins.

That is my working theory, we will see how it plays out or if the data says otherwise, but that is my (somewhat lazy) hunch. Basically if people get pissed off by the randomness of no-mark outfield players getting one-off huge scores and winning dividends, it will pale in comparison to goalkeepers who will battling it out in a 75-point window rather than a 150-point window.

• @Rocky-Raccoon said in 3k to spend on keepers today:

@Tom77 This is one of my main worries too. They don't satisfy the psychological tickbox that goals and assists do.

FI introducing a separate keeper category isn't going to change the footballing world. Keepers get talked about, but nowhere near as much as outfield players.

Plus the variance of keeper scores tend to be so low, the competition will be even more fierce than outfield players. The points range is so much smaller and therefore more congested. Its not that rare for a forward or midfielder to score 300 points or more, keepers (as an entire category) will never routinely achieve those scores. So if you have an elite midfielder or striker, you can rely on variance working in your favour, every now and then they'll score 300 points or more (highly likely that you'll get dividends of some sort), you do not get that with goalkeepers. There is not the potential for that gigantic points barrier for dividend wins.

That is my working theory, we will see how it plays out or if the data says otherwise, but that is my (somewhat lazy) hunch. Basically if people get pissed off by the randomness of no-mark outfield players getting one-off huge scores and winning dividends, it will pale in comparison to goalkeepers who will battling it out in a 75-point window rather than a 150-point window.

Definatley, FI wont want goalkeeper index they need the product to be talking about the players in the press.
    i had a look at footyindex scout and think out of the top 100 Media winners 2 keepers were in it.

• Are people buying at market price or placing bids when buying their keepers?

I'm late to the party but alreadygot some small rises on the couple i bought yesterday (Patricio, Schmeichel, Soria). Picked up Soria at 20p on ME!!

• @Abaalan I've just been buying at market price (though that was about 3 days ago) as if i had been bidding i would've missed the rises.

I'm happy to take my chances on certain players when they have a 40% spread but as this was a difference of approx 2p in most cases it was in my view pointless.

• @Abaalan said in 3k to spend on keepers today:

Are people buying at market price or placing bids when buying their keepers?

I'm late to the party but alreadygot some small rises on the couple i bought yesterday (Patricio, Schmeichel, Soria). Picked up Soria at 20p on ME!!

I bought a couple of GKs at market price this week, because IS was a few pence from market price so it was quicker to buy full price rather than wait for a bid to be accepted when prices were rising.

• @Tom77 yeah keepers will only rise until they reach the point they have what ill call the predictable dividend premium but until they get to that point it will be all about getting on keepers.

• DDG still a good option, doesn't seem as expensive as some other premiums?

• @Sinex82 said in 3k to spend on keepers today:

Nick Pope for me, he will be Englands number 1 in the next Tournament and has kept 14 clean sheets this season with Burnley. Very Impresive.

He is the only keeper I have bought, can't bring myself to buy anymore of a position reserved for failed outfield footballers.

Pope must have a chance at a transfer too, far too good for Burnley.

Given the low rotation and age risk, plus no competition for the divs from team mates, I think these prices still have some room to grow and must be lack of available cash (or will to spend) to bump them up further. Might have to row back on my first comment thinking about it.....or maybe just buy more Pope 🤓