3k to spend on keepers today

• @Black-Wolf said in 3k to spend on keepers today:

@Tom77 low maintenance tom. They can just sit there and earn you money. Everyone should have a few keepers that can now just sit in your portfolio and be forgotten about

So can other players though

• @Tom77 yeah but theyve already had years of growth from the PB system and can get screwed by one transfer link, squad rotation or just a substitution. Yes a transfer can still shit on your keeper hold but its a lot less common and easier to keep on top of

• @Number5 said in 3k to spend on keepers today:

@Black-Wolf that's why I am in bit of a dilemma..seeing Dyabla and Neymar killing my port balance.

I wouldn't worry about them, just put them to the back of your mind.. I am still holding both and I expect their time will come again once the keeper frenzy has slowed up a bit and the CL comes back with new season on the horizon.. likewise kimmich etc

• @Finlay77 said in 3k to spend on keepers today:

@Baydog also i am going to keep the 70p-£2 players and build them up, afterall, we watch football for goals in that respect! Im a lover of corner bets so i guess gk port is probably up my street 😂

Lover of corner bets that made me laugh 😂 In my 20s if my acca didn't come in I'd quite often lump a tenner on who was going to kick off in the late game to win back my stake 😂

I do agree with you on your keeper strategy, I'm going to do the same. I am going to try and buy enough outfield players just to push them all off the first page of my port so I don't need to look at them per se - and let them do their thing for the next couple of years... God dam'n keepers. That said, for the first time in about 6 weeks my 24hr reading has gone into the green (0.6%), but overall for the week at 1.4% down... I don't want to get too carried away on keepers as they pretty much disgust me, but you cannot really argue with the potential that is there for an income stream

• @Tom77 This is one of my main worries too. They don't satisfy the psychological tickbox that goals and assists do.

FI introducing a separate keeper category isn't going to change the footballing world. Keepers get talked about, but nowhere near as much as outfield players.

Plus the variance of keeper scores tend to be so low, the competition will be even more fierce than outfield players. The points range is so much smaller and therefore more congested. Its not that rare for a forward or midfielder to score 300 points or more, keepers (as an entire category) will never routinely achieve those scores. So if you have an elite midfielder or striker, you can rely on variance working in your favour, every now and then they'll score 300 points or more (highly likely that you'll get dividends of some sort), you do not get that with goalkeepers. There is not the potential for that gigantic points barrier for dividend wins.

That is my working theory, we will see how it plays out or if the data says otherwise, but that is my (somewhat lazy) hunch. Basically if people get pissed off by the randomness of no-mark outfield players getting one-off huge scores and winning dividends, it will pale in comparison to goalkeepers who will battling it out in a 75-point window rather than a 150-point window.

• @Rocky-Raccoon said in 3k to spend on keepers today:

@Tom77 This is one of my main worries too. They don't satisfy the psychological tickbox that goals and assists do.

FI introducing a separate keeper category isn't going to change the footballing world. Keepers get talked about, but nowhere near as much as outfield players.

Plus the variance of keeper scores tend to be so low, the competition will be even more fierce than outfield players. The points range is so much smaller and therefore more congested. Its not that rare for a forward or midfielder to score 300 points or more, keepers (as an entire category) will never routinely achieve those scores. So if you have an elite midfielder or striker, you can rely on variance working in your favour, every now and then they'll score 300 points or more (highly likely that you'll get dividends of some sort), you do not get that with goalkeepers. There is not the potential for that gigantic points barrier for dividend wins.

That is my working theory, we will see how it plays out or if the data says otherwise, but that is my (somewhat lazy) hunch. Basically if people get pissed off by the randomness of no-mark outfield players getting one-off huge scores and winning dividends, it will pale in comparison to goalkeepers who will battling it out in a 75-point window rather than a 150-point window.

Definatley, FI wont want goalkeeper index they need the product to be talking about the players in the press.
    i had a look at footyindex scout and think out of the top 100 Media winners 2 keepers were in it.

• Are people buying at market price or placing bids when buying their keepers?

I'm late to the party but alreadygot some small rises on the couple i bought yesterday (Patricio, Schmeichel, Soria). Picked up Soria at 20p on ME!!

• @Abaalan I've just been buying at market price (though that was about 3 days ago) as if i had been bidding i would've missed the rises.

I'm happy to take my chances on certain players when they have a 40% spread but as this was a difference of approx 2p in most cases it was in my view pointless.

• @Abaalan said in 3k to spend on keepers today:

Are people buying at market price or placing bids when buying their keepers?

I'm late to the party but alreadygot some small rises on the couple i bought yesterday (Patricio, Schmeichel, Soria). Picked up Soria at 20p on ME!!

I bought a couple of GKs at market price this week, because IS was a few pence from market price so it was quicker to buy full price rather than wait for a bid to be accepted when prices were rising.

• @Tom77 yeah keepers will only rise until they reach the point they have what ill call the predictable dividend premium but until they get to that point it will be all about getting on keepers.

• DDG still a good option, doesn't seem as expensive as some other premiums?

• @Sinex82 said in 3k to spend on keepers today:

Nick Pope for me, he will be Englands number 1 in the next Tournament and has kept 14 clean sheets this season with Burnley. Very Impresive.

He is the only keeper I have bought, can't bring myself to buy anymore of a position reserved for failed outfield footballers.

Pope must have a chance at a transfer too, far too good for Burnley.

Given the low rotation and age risk, plus no competition for the divs from team mates, I think these prices still have some room to grow and must be lack of available cash (or will to spend) to bump them up further. Might have to row back on my first comment thinking about it.....or maybe just buy more Pope 🤓

• @Abaalan he’s almost twice the price of Bürki and I no who I’d rather buy. DDG makes so many errors

• @Sinex82
    he has a good chance of finishing the season with 3 clean sheets.

• @Abaalan said in 3k to spend on keepers today:

DDG still a good option, doesn't seem as expensive as some other premiums?

I've thought about him but I think he's slightly riskier than some similarly priced options. Pros: At a team that will keep clean sheets; Challenges for media once in a while. Cons: Earning media points for cock-ups! Henderson lurking. If Henderson becomes number one, what happens to De Gea? Stuck on the bench (and likely to lose value) or perhaps a transfer back to Spain?

I think Pope is better in De Gea's price range. Future England Number 1 potentially. Transfer possible but it'd be to someone like Chelsea, Arsenal or possibly Spurs rather than Liverpool, Man City or Man Utd you'd imagine.

• Neuer for me, captain of Germany (euro 2021) captain of Bayern (champs league) clean sheets in Bundesliga, pb stats look good this season, will be in with a chance of TOTM, might have a slim chance of mb if German market/media opens up, yes he’s 34 but just signed a new 3 year deal and with Bayern signing a young keeper from schalke it will keep him on his toes, for me looks great value against ter Stegen price for example

• Disappointing result for Villareal tonight but still big faves to be in the EL next season yet Araujo is still languishing at 40p whilst most other GKs in European competition are at least in the high 50s stretching upto the 80s in some cases, so his price seems to be left behind at this juncture

• @MickTurbo as soon as they conceded I sold him Neves, Neuer and Mendy all at a profit and bought the likes of Casteels, Zentner, Dragowski, Rajkovic, Hradecky, Maignan and Lopez.

• What are peoples opinions on Freddie Woodman? Currently on loan from Newcastle at Swansea and plays every game for them. Former England under 20 world cup winner and golden glove winner of the tournament. Still very young. Has the potential to become a regular prem keeper in the future? 29p at the moment, worth a punt?

• @TotalPunt said in 3k to spend on keepers today:

He is the only keeper I have bought, can't bring myself to buy anymore of a position reserved for failed outfield footballers.

I believe it was Ruud Gullit who said "Goalkeepers are goalkeepers because they can't play football."
    That was probably 15-20 years ago but it has always stuck with me.
    Strangely, British golfer Laura Davies' thoughts on putting had the same effect... "never up, never in." 😲