Will FI be forced into bringing in sell orders in the next week

• The current fall on virtually all players is a concern and worry to me and many others .
    I have sold nobody but been constantly topping up on cheap bids on my players as I believe in them .
    But the market is so lopsided in favour of buyers FI risk losing many who will panic and sell up and maybe never return . I am showing 4K up on a 14k port but if I wanted to sell up today I would probably only be 1k up after loss on the selling and commission . Not healthy .
    I can’t see things changing until they bring in sell orders to create liquidity and confidence back into the platform .
    I don’t think they can wait another month as the damage to the platform could be irreparable .
    I have a feeling we will see an announcement this week with selling engine announced to be running by month end . It’s needed and needed quickly .

• @Spot-the-value. said in Will FI be forced into bringing in sell orders in the next week:

It’s needed and needed quickly .

Whilst I agree full OB's ASAP would be a significant improvement I doubt it will be rushed out now/next week (although who can tell with the erratic decision making FI have demonstrated recently). They will most likely address the short term liquidity with MM buying IMO to keep the market ticking over until the next scheduled boost; either a CL/EL promo in August or the almost certain 5th Birthday Celebration promotion in the 3rd week of Sept, could feasible be a month long affair.

I doubt that they anticipated the market reaction to the recent much hyped announcement, in fact I'm not sure they actually understand the market or traders requirements very much, if at all going on recent events. However they will be taking note & if past experience proves a guide will take some action to help improve liquidity &/or boost market sentiment sooner rather then later. i would prefer a bit more under promising & over delivering but it's in everyone's interest to get the market growing again, so that provides plenty of hope that help will be forthcoming.

• Banned

No I don't. I think it would be absolutely crazy to do it now and the prices will dive.

I think they know this.

I think it is more likely they will offer something (bonus etc) and go big, get things moving, get rid of the soft money and rebuild.

• @MrWh1te Disagree
    The market has dived already . Market sell price is irrelevant . However sell orders would in effect raise the market sell price . At least somewhere in between instance sell and market sell . Would stop buyers controlling the market which is what is happening at moment . The sell order price would in effect become the instant sell price . Yes the market sell price would dive . But it is not an important figure now anyway . Your player is worth what a buyer is ore paired to pay. Sell orders would push this price up. We don’t want another needless deposit bonus which will make buyers even stronger .

• Banned

@Spot-the-value.
    I disagree.

If market sell is now £6.00 then the first person will list for £5.99, the next will do £5.98 to beat it, then £5.97. It will very quickly drop and race downwards.

• Sell orders are the single most dangerous thing that could hit the index.

They will reduce spreads by lowering buy price. You could be looking at the paper value of portfolios dropping by 10 to 20 percent. All those nice P and L figures wiped out. Yes its only paper value but if there is negativity now then multiply that by 10.

I have argued against deposit bonuses in the past as they artificially inflate market but there MUST be one to go alongside sell orders. It is essential.

Sell orders are needed but they must go into a rising market. Dropping them into a depressed market could be catestrophic.

• @MrWh1te said in Will FI be forced into bringing in sell orders in the next week:

@Spot-the-value.
    I disagree.

If market sell is now £6.00 then the first person will list for £5.99, the next will do £5.98 to beat it, then £5.97. It will very quickly drop and race downwards.

This.

I don't think people realise how damaging it could be to the index if people see the paper value of their portfolio slashed.

Its something they have to be extremely careful about.

This is why the announcement was so disappointing. We needed a good rise and sell orders to go into a rising market immediately.

• @MrWh1te yes it will !! Wake up!!! The market sell price is not now the value of your player . You have to realise this. The value of your player is what buyers are pressured to pay . At the moment they are running the show. We need to all realise the market sell price on 97% of players is not the value of the player anymore . The quicker we get a midpoint of genuine value the quicker we can move on and rebuild. Before irreparable damage is done. Throwing a promo at it will just paper over something that is not working .

• Banned

@Spot-the-value. time will tell

generally speaking most agree with me, even the haters, but the agreement is it is a necessary evil.

where disagreement comes in is how far the drop will be and for how long.

• Sell orders ASAP. You can’t have no liquidity to protect your paper profit. Getting rid of the soft money would be ok, they’ll just re-buy when sentiment returns.

• @MrWh1te said in Will FI be forced into bringing in sell orders in the next week:

@Spot-the-value. time will tell

generally speaking most agree with me, even the haters, but the agreement is it is a necessary evil.

where disagreement comes in is how far the drop will be and for how long.

It can only drop as low as the lowest buy order.
    That’s what we have now . That won’t change.
    But we will get a midpoint that will take some of the buyers power away . I haven’t sold anyone since panic set in after the div announcement .
    Many have ! Dragging the prices down to the level of the cheeky bidders . Sell orders will push their bids upwards .

• Have to agree something needs to be done, when you are forced to potentially sell a player for 50p less per share than they are worth,(100 shares on a 2.50 player selling at 2.00 is a £50 loss before comm),then as great as ME is when buying, it will fuck you when selling. So fi extending no commission on buying until september while telling us this isnt an investment vehicle suits only fi pockets. Ive left before and i would again if buying players to sell at a profit is no longer viable

• I don't want to see sell orders any time soon. Need to be introduced into a thriving market. Coming now will just push prices down more.

• @Geronimo159387 said in Will FI be forced into bringing in sell orders in the next week:

@Spot-the-value. said in Will FI be forced into bringing in sell orders in the next week:

I doubt that they anticipated the market reaction to the recent much hyped announcement, in fact I'm not sure they actually understand the market or traders requirements very much, if at all going on recent events.

This is always the most worrying aspect for me. The guys in charge just do not understand what we want. They were probably all sat round patting each other on the back for a job well done 15 minutes before the announcement went live. Thinking rockets everywhere. Everyone piling more money into the platform. Instead within a couple of hours, bar GKs, that i'm positive no-one gave two shits about (and i don't remember anything in the survey about them), everyone else went into a nose dive. Now the market is completely stagnant and the spreads are massive. This is all AFTER an announcement has been made just over 48 hours ago! What fucking hope have they/we got now?

You could've easily got half a dozen of very knowledgeable guys on here to have predicted it. Actually scrub that I've been here less than 6 months and could've warned them this would happen yet the top guys at FI thought this would all go swimmingly and would be excellent for them. There is a huge problem from top to bottom at FI. From the media guys, to the I.T guys, to AC himself. Hell i bet even the tea boys make a fucking shit cuppa.

Pretty frightening to think we trust these guys with our money when they cant even get the most basic of basic things right.

• Banned

@Spot-the-value.

Maybe. I think that is best case.

Worst case it drags players done like this:

Bruno - Buy for £10 sell for £8. £2/20% spread
    Sell orders, buy for £9. Now, there are two ways it can go and both are just as likely.

1. The spread tightens to £1 or less and then keeps dropping till the spread is 2%
    2. The buyers still want their £2 discount and drop their buy order to £7. Now it is £9-£7. The sellers still want to sell so they drop it to £8.50. Then the buyers drop their bid to £6.50. Repeat and repeat to the bottom.

I think it will be a combination of both. The good holds will have a tiny spread and profit from trading won't be possible from a sustainable point of view.
    The shit holds will plummet even faster than now.

After that, it is anybodies guess.

• @mike778 said in Will FI be forced into bringing in sell orders in the next week:

@MrWh1te said in Will FI be forced into bringing in sell orders in the next week:

@Spot-the-value.
    I disagree.

This.

I don't think people realise how damaging it could be to the index if people see the paper value of their portfolio slashed.

Its something they have to be extremely careful about.

This is why the announcement was so disappointing. We needed a good rise and sell orders to go into a rising market immediately.

There will be a race to the bottom at first but it wont be as low as many think otherwise more bids would be getting accepted now. I expect the offers will drop as low as 10% and at that point it will show those putting bids in where they need to be offering to get accepted which will likely be 5% or 10% below that. I expect with offers people looking to get out of holds will then be able to get around 85% of their market value or closer to it.

It will cause an initial drop but nowhere near close to what bid orders are being listed at just now. Those prices cant really get any lower

• Agree with people saying that sell orders should come in a bit later, what's the likelihood of being able to set a sell price higher than the current buy price? Also think that FI should up the minimum bid - I think for lower end players, it's often about 40%, it needs to be higher.

• The cap app strategy is all but gone unless investing in top 10-20 with the tight spreads or you are willing to sit on your port for a year or longer. I see a lot of frustration from those FI customers who have built their port in this manner. Quite understandably I suppose. The swing has gone very much in the favour of a dividend based port.

Question is what is the best way to bring the balance back??

• Banned

@Puddle
    It HAS to be dividend based. Any share not backed up by dividends, or potential dividends, is worthless and just a pyramid scheme.

The issue:

1. they changed the IS making this the only way to go, without warning. Meaning people didnt have time to change positions and now has money trapped that cant be accessed and
    2. Due to this, prices in the div earners are so high that they are no longer value as the divs are so low in comparison

They have to release all that money in the bottom end asap because the longer people have money trapped there, the more chance they have of walking away.

• @Puddle

In reality it should have been always about dividend earners in the first place. If you have no chance of winning dividends as a player u should be priced accordingly.

Need sell orders ASAP, they suggested august if I’m right and that’s the best time imo. Should give them the time to really get it right with some kind of promotion.