An open letter to Adam Cole

• Good post OP that captures a lot of the thoughts I've been having since ME was introduced and then exacerbated by the recent review

• @Dan-The-Man Id say this is bang on the money.

What FI have went for is taking some of the money out of the top end and putting it in the lower and middle. Will create a small window for growth on the top end a mucher bigger potential on the lower and middle.

From that sense it has worked.

Thats the issue imo as people didnt expect that in the slightest, in some ways I love what they have done and can see they are building, but part of me still thinks they should have showed MB/PB a little more love.
    Especially with IS not being an option.

• I don't usually reply on here, I tend to just read but I had to on this one to just say that I agree on everything you put. Well done.

I don't have much in my port compared to many on here but I've pretty much given up with my portfolio and have put almost all of it up for sale (cant even IS most of them) and I've been trying to think of how to word my thoughts but your letter pretty much covered everything I was thinking.

• @Daz5894 said in An open letter to Adam Cole:

I don't have much in my port compared to many on here but I've pretty much given up with my portfolio and have put almost all of it up for sale (cant even IS most of them) and I've been trying to think of how to word my thoughts but your letter pretty much covered everything I was thinking.

This is exactly the reaction that FI need to take action to avoid, thousands of less vocal but equally important users, just giving up on the platform. Not only do they want to sell out & leave themselves but will they then recommend FI to their mates in the future?

The current liquidity squeeze & lack of viable IS across most of the market is creating a lack of confidence, loss of trust & wave of dissatisfaction that needs to be reversed ASAP. Personally I'm still confident in the future platform success but I want to retain as many current users as possible because there is no more valuable & effective recruiting sergeants than satisfied customers, no matter how big your future marketing budget might be.

• Thanks for everyone's comments.

I'm not going to do anything further with it though. I've pretty much given up. They are always going to be the puppet masters and we will continue to dance to their tune. And they know it.

We either get in line (buy shitty goalkeepers) or quit moaning. Trader sentiment means nothing to FI if the ticker is still a fervent activity of buying -
    "Oh look guys, it's all goalkeepers being bought! We obviously did a good thing for traders and the market, look how they are lapping it up! All these new issue shares we are selling too that we never need to buy back! And all that commission! EVERYONE WINS, RIGHT?"

So the market is dead until goalies reach their ceiling.
    Meantime we've got the media review coming soon which will undoubtedly create another ripple in the waters.
    Then the "sell" option of the matching engine to be added at some point, which is going to crash prices on a lot of holds.
    And then we MIGHT get 3-6 months of relative stability before the scheduled PB review next summer.

Really, really trying to find some optimism and positivity in all this but glancing at Twitter and here, the pessimism and anger is too overwhelming.

Think it could be that time again .... Time out anyone? 😂

• The moral of the story is...stop asking for change on FI! Simple.

• You wanted the entire of the index eligible for media dividends? The squad list should never have been added. It caused major ripples and made it FAR harder to predict the winner of the day. You asked, we got it. (FI absolutely delighted to deliver that for you!! All the extra savings for them!!)

• You wanted goalkeepers and their own category? You asked, you got it and the top end are now in free fall. (FI absolutely delighted for you to instant sell all your premium players to buy goalkeepers! 2% commission on thousands of £8-£14 players? yum yum!)

• You want the media to expand and remove certain publications from the index scoring system? Just wait and see what that will do to the top end.

TOTM and 3 place media everyday was ALL they needed to implement. FI are now in a position where, practically every day it’s a sub £1 player winning MB and, in effect, they don’t pay out as much as they would.

Remember FI no longer have liability on your shares. It’s now you against you, and they don’t even throw a few extra crumbs to satisfy their loyal customers. Was hoping for a spike in Bruno to get out today, but yet again, he’s in free fall. Sorry, but balls to FI. Would I recommend the platform to a family or friend now? Would I f*ck. Will they listen? No, because there will always be mugs in society who think they can beat the system.

Every time you ask for change, FI are the only ones who benefit, is this really so difficult for people to comprehend?

• @Geronimo159387 said in An open letter to Adam Cole:

@Daz5894 said in An open letter to Adam Cole:

This is exactly the reaction that FI need to take action to avoid, thousands of less vocal but equally important users, just giving up on the platform. Not only do they want to sell out & leave themselves but will they then recommend FI to their mates in the future?

The current liquidity squeeze & lack of viable IS across most of the market is creating a lack of confidence, loss of trust & wave of dissatisfaction that needs to be reversed ASAP. Personally I'm still confident in the future platform success but I want to retain as many current users as possible because there is no more valuable & effective recruiting sergeants than satisfied customers, no matter how big your future marketing budget might be.

I wouldn't dream of recommending FI to anyone. I've also become less vocal and have pretty much given up on my port. I have a handful of keepers and that's all that's stopping me from going into the red.

The whole thing is an absolute shambles. I just wish there was a crashing rocket emoji!

• @Erased-Citizen said in An open letter to Adam Cole:

The whole thing is an absolute shambles. I just wish there was a crashing rocket emoji!

Here you go:

0_1594641043849_upload-a0204d27-4643-4e36-80f0-81b32c13119b

• It's devastating.

How such a good, potentially world-beating gambling product can have such a disillusioned, unhappy majority of customers is more than concerning.

• @ScouseSte it's quite astonishing how quickly you've changed from 'the div review is brilliant' to 'the index is fucked, run for the hills'

• Despite all the intense negativity on here and Twitter, I can safely say in the three years I’ve been on this platform, we’ve been through these tough times before. Every time FI find a way to put things right and share prices have continued to rise at an incredible rate over those few years. This lull was a very common sight a couple years back and now it’s looked at in horror. I’m very confident in three years time that the market and many players will be massively up with plenty of opportunities to sell out on your holds. Clearly if you need the cash ASAP then it’s a problem but that’s the risk with gambling I’d say. I still can’t think of a better and more fun place to hold money for the next few years. If it’s causing too much stress then perhaps it’s time the fun has stopped...

• @ScouseSte
    I’m confident they will restore sentiment by making an amendment to their dividend offer or issue other promotions / scheme that will accelerate trading.

No way they should allow for 90% of the market to stagnate like it is, for another year...🙄
    I do think sell orders will help massively for liquidity but that on its own will not be enough.

Also, In the current state of the market, If they start excercising their right to cancel our 3year holds then I will be off. That would be the final nail in the coffin for me.

I’m still fairly positive about this being rectified.

• @TeamGB The problem is they are making fundamental changes to the platform which is having a huge impact on how people perceive the platform. Whereas before the platform was seen as a relatively safe and easy way to make money that is now clearly changing and ignoring is not going to make it better. I'd rather voice my discontent in hope that they listen and start making better decisions, or at least take their customers into consideration when making those decision which to me is their biggest fail

• @TeamGB said in An open letter to Adam Cole:

Despite all the intense negativity on here and Twitter, I can safely say in the three years I’ve been on this platform, we’ve been through these tough times before. Every time FI find a way to put things right and share prices have continued to rise at an incredible rate over those few years. This lull was a very common sight a couple years back and now it’s looked at in horror. I’m very confident in three years time that the market and many players will be massively up with plenty of opportunities to sell out on your holds. Clearly if you need the cash ASAP then it’s a problem but that’s the risk with gambling I’d say. I still can’t think of a better and more fun place to hold money for the next few years. If it’s causing too much stress then perhaps it’s time the fun has stopped...

I think there is a difference between this market dip and previous ones. If you take the last major one, which was around September last year. That was far worse in terms of leaking ports.I remember leaking a couple of % a week. But FI always had an ace up their sleeve to get the market going. In that case it was a dividend increase. Other market dips has always seen FI play a card to get the market on its feet.

Where this feel different is that FI have played the biggest ace card they have got which is a dividend increase. Yet the market is in a poor way. It makes parallels a little tricky for me as don't have a clear historic precedent. The closest you can make is that usually after a big announcement the market increases, overstretches and then deflates but then recovers a bit. This is different as we didn't have that big increase and overstretch. We have gone straight to deflation, and I am not aware of another announcement doing this.

• @Ddr said in An open letter to Adam Cole:

@ScouseSte it's quite astonishing how quickly you've changed from 'the div review is brilliant' to 'the index is fucked, run for the hills'

The fact that our portfolios value relies on the sentiment of others means whatever I personally think about the div review is irrelevant mate.

As I said, I love what they did in the review, TOTM anyway,
    but clearly I misjudged the devastating effect adding a new dividend mechanic (GK) would have on stability.
    Despite my initial joy, I can't avoid the uproar, anger, disappointment and revolt from so many traders on here and twitter. I could "bury my head in the sand" (hate that phrase) and still bang on about how great it all is but the reality is very different.

One or two who've loaded up on keepers will be the rare beneficiaries in what is not a direct change to our bets but is certainly a big influence.

Initially I thought TOTM would add much needed stability and confidence to the platform, yet they have managed to create the opposite effect with the addition on GKs.

You know why so many punters of Ladbrokes, William Hill etc are unhappy? It's because they lose money. And how do they lose money? Their sports person, team or horse let's them down. That's it.

Whereas on FI, we are constantly fucked over by both our team/players letting us down but more often than not it's by the bookmaker needlessly interfering. It's becoming impossible to defend them now.

This HAS to be the last major change in Fi structure. It has to be. They can't keep doing this shit!

• @Dr-Jan-Itor this is different as we didn't have that big increase and overstretch. We have gone straight to deflation, and I am not aware of another announcement doing this.

Echoing this statement 100%.

• @Dr-Jan-Itor Do you think they can come out and say we’ve listened to traders and realised we need to do something extra? I have no idea if they can afford to do it but perhaps they could look at the dividends again and increase them a bit more? I don’t think a bonus is the answer and only an increase in dividends in my view is going to get the market going again.

• @ScouseSte said

You know why so many punters of Ladbrokes, William Hill etc are unhappy? It's because they lose money. And how do they lose money? Their sports person, team or horse let's them down. That's it.

Whereas on FI, we are constantly fucked over by both our team/players letting us down but more often than not it's by the bookmaker needlessly interfering. It's becoming impossible to defend them now.

This HAS to be the last major change in Fi structure. It has to be. They can't keep doing this shit!

SPOT. ON. 👏👏👏

• If this drop continues I’m done and will be selling up and not coming back...shambles!!!

• @TeamGB said in An open letter to Adam Cole:

Despite all the intense negativity on here and Twitter, I can safely say in the three years I’ve been on this platform, we’ve been through these tough times before. Every time FI find a way to put things right and share prices have continued to rise at an incredible rate over those few years. This lull was a very common sight a couple years back and now it’s looked at in horror. I’m very confident in three years time that the market and many players will be massively up with plenty of opportunities to sell out on your holds. Clearly if you need the cash ASAP then it’s a problem but that’s the risk with gambling I’d say. I still can’t think of a better and more fun place to hold money for the next few years. If it’s causing too much stress then perhaps it’s time the fun has stopped...

This is mirroring last years meltdown when ipd’s ruled and no one bought top end players.