EJ’s Credit System Idea for IS

• What do you think?

‘Maybe some credit system could work, haven't thought about it deeply enough.

But if you use FI's IS then the money is credited and you need to re-use it to buy players from market. This way the money stays within FI but we get much more liquidity.

Cash for MS.
    Credit for IS.’

• That would have to be regulated by the financial watch dog so that would be a non-starter imo

• @Sav2000 said in EJ’s Credit System Idea for IS:

That would have to be regulated by the financial watch dog so that would be a non-starter imo

Maybe they can get round it by giving you vouchers instead of currency, which you spend. But I don't know the rules on this.

• @Le-Blanc
    Very interesting and some out the box thinking is needed to kick start and free up some holds with vast amounts stuck in pergotary for the time being.
    The tier one model recently achieved will limit some of the options and can see regulatory issues but still always a solution can be found to stimulate action

• Coincidentally at work we had an initiative recently where the market wanted to reward front of house workers in our industry for their application throughout Covid.
    Monetary vouchers were used as the token of payment in the end to avoid tax and legal issues where you could gift a monkey without tax repercussions ... need a bit more then that though here to rectify some parts😳
    Still if the base is sound and I believe it is then a solution will be found to assist the market and all users to an extent.

That would have to be regulated by the financial watch dog so that would be a non-starter imo

You could just put a limit on withdrawals, either by value or time but why complicate it. FI could just offer a special promotion "nominate players upto X% of your portfolio value to liquidate at Y% of market buy price" say 25% of your current players by value at 85-90% of MB price.

Liquidity is the root cause of the problem but the longer the squeeze continues the more confidence drains away & even longer term holders will start to get itchy trigger fingers & want to sell down their exposure, when pre CV they would never have considered doing that, just creating a vicious circle of doubt.

Not if they created an FI currency, like FIFA Points. Where you can buy players using points... but I don't see it as a solution anyway.

FI would still be taking on the risk again, as people would just use their vouchers/points/whatever buy into players they find it easy to get out of...

• @BMCG They would have to introduce some kind of promo like the bookies do. A bookie my say if your horse comes second we’ll refund your stake as a free bet. What FI could do is make a promo that says if you list a player for sale and he doesn’t sell within one month we’ll buy your player back and return you your stake as a free bet

• They could easily use a cash out set at a fixed level with a set of parameters .... ie IS holds over a 7 day window at set mark down ... circa 70 percent of current listed value and impose a time slot for these cashed out assets labelled as share options tokens that need to be exercised and converted to new holds over say a seven day window again.
    Traditional gambling companies regularly reward their base with free promotional credit lines but they always nearly have a defined time horizon to exercise and also have to be used as a stake in another future ... they also only give you the win part from these gifts and not your stake if you successfully click .

• @Le-Blanc It’s a very good idea. But as a couple have already touched upon surely there’s no way that would pass off. Paying for bets in cash and being paid out in credits.

• @Dan-The-Man The folks that are looking to get out would do that, but others would reinvest. I have 2 holds that currently have no IS that I am desperate to get out of so I can reinvest. I hate the feeling of having money that I can’t use. A waste for me and no commission for FI.

• @Dan-The-Man i get the feeling that FI would also use the credit system to pay deposit bonuses into instead of withdraw-able cash.

• @Le-Blanc can't see it happening and not sure if it would even be allowed, but as a standalone idea, I think it's got merit and could get some trading going.

• @Mintyfresh they could make it perfectly fine to use if did it as i stated further up the thread as these are bets we are placing and other bookies can create various conditions where they will pay you out in a free bet and not cash

FI just have to state the conditions under which you would qualify for the free bet

• Banned

It might have some legs but, I think it would just make it even more complicated.
    FI needs to be made simpler, not the other way round.

• @Black-Wolf you don't have to convince me, I like it as an idea.

• @MrWh1te said in EJ’s Credit System Idea for IS:

It might have some legs but, I think it would just make it even more complicated.
    FI needs to be made simpler, not the other way round.

I've thought of an idea... How about the house offers an IS... Like a 'cash out' option 🤔

• Banned

@Coriolanus
    That would work. They would only need to do it for a couple of weeks too, maybe in conjunction with a deposit bonus to get things moving.

• Coincidentally I came up with this idea whilst sipping a Peroni earlier - I think it would really get things moving again without being detrimental to FI.

I think most of the user base would accept 80-85% instant sell credit and the ‘risk team’ could regulate it like with traditional IS.

Credit balance could turn into cash after 3/6/9/12 months after it is first used.

• Thinking off the top of my head here for an ill thought through idea. I wonder whether FI offer an IS, that narrows the longer you hold a player. That way they don't have to bear the risk of an Antonio. But for medium and longer term traders they can get out of a player a little easier.