Breaking News: Manchester City's Euro Ban Lifted

• 0_1594629690819_Screenshot_20200713-094041.png
    Man City player prices look to be on the rise...

• Yup, guilty of "failing to co-operate fully with UEFA" but that's it!

• If you fail to co operate with a drugs test your banned. There's something about this that stinks but that's top level sport for ya.😉

• What a surprise. Nice back hander once again. Wheres Lee Nelson when you need him?

• From BBC Sport:

The Cas statement continued: "The award emphasised that most of the alleged breaches reported by the adjudicatory chamber of the CFCB were either not established or time-barred.

"As the charges with respect to any dishonest concealment of equity funding were clearly more significant violations than obstructing the CFCB's investigations, it was not appropriate to impose a ban on participating in Uefa's club competitions for Manchester City's failure to co-operate with the CFCB's investigations alone."

On reducing the fine, Cas said that, while it considered "the importance of the co-operation of clubs in investigations conducted by the CFCB" and Manchester City's "disregard of such principle and its obstruction of the investigations", the Cas panel "considered it appropriate to reduce Uefa's initial fine by two-thirds".

It added: "The final award with reasons will be published on the Cas website in a few days."

Uefa said it noted the decision and added: "Over the last few years, Financial Fair Play has played a significant role in protecting clubs and helping them become financially sustainable and Uefa and the European Club Association remain committed to its principles."

• @Brane_Orsou said in Breaking News: Manchester City's Euro Ban Lifted:

In the last few years, Financial Fair Play has played a significant role in protecting clubs and helping them become financially sustainable and Uefa and the European Club Association remain committed to its principles."

I'll rewrite that:

In the last few years, Financial Fair Play has played a significant role in protecting rich clubs and helping UEFA become financially sustainable, and Uefa and the European Club Association remain committed to its dodgy principles."

• This judgement hasn't removed a shred of guilt. I've not seen anything to suggest they are running a legitimate operation. I can't believe witholding information about your finances is an acceptable defence.

• My assumption is City will have spent more on Lawyers fighting this than they will now be fined.

According to the Mirror, David Pannick QC has been hired by the Citizens on an eye-watering £20,000-a-day fee. Just one of the lawyers they hired.

Moral of the story.. get a good lawyer.

• @Stevo said in Breaking News: Manchester City's Euro Ban Lifted:

What a surprise. Nice back hander once again. Wheres Lee Nelson when you need him?

What's he going to do? 😂

0_1594635913696_images.jpeg

• @Ericali throw loads of fake money at them 😄😄😄

• @Ericali its fine, we have Wildinho in charge even if we don't make it into Europe.

• @London-Is-Blue Mental aint it! Think how much UEFA will have spent as well and all they are getting now is €10,000,000! They would have been banking on getting €30,000,000.

Full findings to be released but apparently it was a corrupt investigation by UEFA. UEFA, corrupt, I'm shocked and stunned!

• I was looking forward to big rises in City players today.

Then I just checked the top 200 and the top riser is KDB at a whopping 4p up, followed by weekend hattrick hero Sterling at 2p up.

• There may be some crazy bids going in though. I’ve just instant sold B Silva, 3p of market Value. Yesterday IS was 50p off. Made a decent profit now. Happy with that: