Perspective

• I’ve heard a lot of whining on twitter recently about the state of FI and how it is stagnant.

Firstly I do sympathise with anyone who feels that they have money trapped into the index for longer than they expected, as not many would have predicted this level of liquidity (or lack of) after the announcement. My sympathy is however limited as people should always just have put in what they can afford to lose (as it’s gambling), so should in theory just be able to ride it out with the rest of us knowing that it’ll return to normal.

Fear not my friends, this is just a small bump in the road and will be forgotten in the months to follow, and if you are brave and utilise these large spreads you will be handsomely rewarded - from experience the best time to invest in FI is during these slightly tougher times, rather than a boom period.

I think we all need a bit of perspective and think back to what a normal British bank account would pay us in interest, and how this compares to our returns on FI.

My worst ever trade (until yesterday of course) was Dominic Solanke, and he has now retured me 15% in dividends, which would equate to me having that money in my bank account for 10 years. DOMINIC SOLANKE PEOPLE!! Btw I still own so please buy some shares haha, he’s going to kick on now, I promise.

• @LifeofPat134 I think most people are moaning cos this is a trading platform and people are unable to trade. All this while being incapable of getting out of their position whilst they watch their ports tumble in front of their eyes.

• Banned

I think it is more that people DONT think it will return to normal and that FI fucked it.

• To be honest I think it is a combination of both. Not being able to trade whilst watching port drop is very frustrating. On top of that the way they tend to influence the market with their erratic behaviour worries me and dents my confidence on the platform.

Ever since they started insisting on this gamble responsibly campaign I should have known that something was changing, they are now clearly passing all responsibility onto me and taking themselves out of the equation and I only have myself to blame which pisses me off even more. I will see how it goes, I still have decent money on the platform but in all honesty I am not putting any more in

• Why dont you engage properly with the healthy debate rather than be all pious? Debate is good and healthy and many explained articulately and factually their worries with the information available. Counter points are great and important, but should add to the debate rather than make judgments about their personal finances

• @JonesyFI-WH said in Perspective:

@LifeofPat134 I think most people are moaning cos this is a trading platform and people are unable to trade. All this while being incapable of getting out of their position whilst they watch their ports tumble in front of their eyes.

I think this is spot on, people can’t get out of positions due to lack of liquidity which has huge opportunity cost given that certain areas of the market are flying and others are stagnant. I genuinely believe sell orders/full OBs will go a long way to solving this though so, as always, patience is key.

• I think people need to stop comparing the index to the returns from a bank. They are both very different animals. You are gaurenteed money from savings accounts but here you have to spend time and could potentially lose it all. Not being negative because the announcement earlier was positive.

• @Tom7471 said in Perspective:

I think people need to stop comparing the index to the returns from a bank. They are both very different animals. You are gaurenteed money from savings accounts but here you have to spend time and could potentially lose it all. Not being negative because the announcement earlier was positive.

Unless you had money in an Icelandic savings account 12 or so years back.

• @Jimbob don't all banks gaurentee your cash up to like 80k?

• @Tom7471 I think there was a cut-off point, couldn't tell you the exact figure. I remember seeing something like 11% on offer, not doing anything about it and then it all went tits up for them around a week later. I had considerably less than 80k at the time so I would have been safe by the sound of it.

• @MrWh1te said in Perspective:

I think it is more that people DONT think it will return to normal and that FI fucked it.

Don’t you go all “Doom Monger” on us again. 😏 Lighten up! ☀️

• Banned

@Valhalla I was able to withdraw half my port yesterday. That = exactly my deposits and mean I am on 0 net deposits.

I am about as lightened up as I am going to get :)

• @Tom7471
    Glad you found it positive mate :-)
    Keep your pecker up, it’ll all come good in the end.

• Stole my title you cheeky sod haha. Solid post ;)