IS it just me?

• This is a long post guys.

Ok so I've been mulling over this for a while and trying to digest everything before I went off on one, I feel now is the time.
    Before I start I'm not so much trying to shit on FI as I know they are building a long term product and in some ways I like it, as much as I'm just voicing the thoughts in my head.

Is anyone else starting to get the fear?
    When I first joined over a year ago I was new to this product and liked it in so many ways, had alot to learn but I got there eventually. After a while I realized I loved this product and I would mention it to everyone and anyone I could who would listen. As it was the best thing I had ever came into contact with tbh, it was like the potentially next bitcoin to me. ( I missed a once in a life time bitcoin deal AGES AGO and I've never forgotten it and been looking for my next one ever since, that's a different story, but I should be sitting on beach right now lads lol, anyway)

However now I genuinely feel I can't do that so much.
    Which leads me to my biggest gripe of all, the removal of IS, the removal of IS really didn't sit well with me once I realized what they had done, as the very reason I joined and was so keen on the product was I could cut my losses and run at any given moment.
    However that isn't the case now, and Im kinda starting to feel that FI know they have us over a barrel and can treat us like "mugs" now almost. If FI did what they did and annoyed so many punters like they have when we had IS, we would see money leaving the index and FI would respond to stop it maybe not even do it in the first place, well now they have removed that feature and I think they know they have us right where they want us now.

As where we stand now is this, FI can do just about anything they want and we can't really do anything about it as there is no IS, we are effectively now fancy share holders in FI and are praying for its further future success at this point as if it fails, we fail now. Not like before where we hoped it does well as we will get all stinking rich on CA, more like It has to do well as who else Is going to buy all these shares and get the prices up high enough where we can "escape" and then leave the new buggers trapped in the hold as the cycle repeats.
    You can't IS and run away with your profit like the good old days, now you are held hostage almost to whatever the bids may be at that given day.

Right now I've got a year old port with a year worth of profit, port cost 15k which is made up of real money + some profit, its now "worth" 23k odd on paper, however Id prop be lucky to get 19k if even that, truth be told I don't even dare look at some of the bid prices....
    If we all tried to get off this boat at the same time , I wonder if I would even break even...

As I said I've been around the index a while and seen lots of stuff, been in plenty of knife fights in the dark over IPOS, my ports went up and down like a yoyo, however each of those times I had complete confidence in the product and that my shares would rise again, worst case I could IS chew my arm off and get away.
    However for the first time on this product I really don't know if I have the confidence I once had and I don't like the way FI seam to be "abusing"(strong word I know but gets my point across) the fact that we can't get out of the deal and we are effectively stuck with them, hoping FI have the right idea and it will all work out in the end.....
    I had always planned to cut and run when the time came and they butchered the product to where it was just another pointless fancy bookies, but I thought I had atleast 5 years give or take before that happened.
    Now I dunno If I can see it unfolding infront of my eyes.

As much as I would hate to cash out in all my holds as when I bought them, they where bought with the idea of being great buys down the line that would be worth a fortune, however the idea of sitting with so much money in such a potentially risky situation that I can't get out of, really has me thinking and wondering, almost to the point Im genuinely thinking is this worth the risk and should I cash out and only play with profit or a much smaller sum of cash just for fun almost.

So my real question is this, anyone else getting the genuine fear for their money now, or am I just blowing this all up in my head?

• @Kanzz said in IS it just me?:

This is a long post guys.

Ok so I've been mulling over this for a while and trying to digest everything before I went off on one, I feel now is the time.
    Before I start I'm not so much trying to shit on FI as I know they are building a long term product and in some ways I like it, as much as I'm just voicing the thoughts in my head.

Is anyone else starting to get the fear?
    When I first joined over a year ago I was new to this product and liked it in so many ways, had alot to learn but I got there eventually. After a while I realized I loved this product and I would mention it to everyone and anyone I could who would listen. As it was the best thing I had ever came into contact with tbh, it was like the potentially next bitcoin to me. ( I missed a once in a life time bitcoin deal AGES AGO and I've never forgotten it and been looking for my next one ever since, that's a different story, but I should be sitting on beach right now lads lol, anyway)

However now I genuinely feel I can't do that so much.
    Which leads me to my biggest gripe of all, the removal of IS, the removal of IS really didn't sit well with me once I realized what they had done, as the very reason I joined and was so keen on the product was I could cut my losses and run at any given moment.
    However that isn't the case now, and Im kinda starting to feel that FI know they have us over a barrel and can treat us like "mugs" now almost. If FI did what they did and annoyed so many punters like they have when we had IS, we would see money leaving the index and FI would respond to stop it maybe not even do it in the first place, well now they have removed that feature and I think they know they have us right where they want us now.

As where we stand now is this, FI can do just about anything they want and we can't really do anything about it as there is no IS, we are effectively now fancy share holders in FI and are praying for its further future success at this point as if it fails, we fail now. Not like before where we hoped it does well as we will get all stinking rich on CA, more like It has to do well as who else Is going to buy all these shares and get the prices up high enough where we can "escape" and then leave the new buggers trapped in the hold as the cycle repeats.
    You can't IS and run away with your profit like the good old days, now you are held hostage almost to whatever the bids may be at that given day.

Right now I've got a year old port with a year worth of profit, port cost 15k which is made up of real money + some profit, its now "worth" 23k odd on paper, however Id prop be lucky to get 19k if even that, truth be told I don't even dare look at some of the bid prices....
    If we all tried to get off this boat at the same time , I wonder if I would even break even...

As I said I've been around the index a while and seen lots of stuff, been in plenty of knife fights in the dark over IPOS, my ports went up and down like a yoyo, however each of those times I had complete confidence in the product and that my shares would rise again, worst case I could IS chew my arm off and get away.
    However for the first time on this product I really don't know if I have the confidence I once had and I don't like the way FI seam to be "abusing"(strong word I know but gets my point across) the fact that we can't get out of the deal and we are effectively stuck with them, hoping FI have the right idea and it will all work out in the end.....
    I had always planned to cut and run when the time came and they butchered the product to where it was just another pointless fancy bookies, but I thought I had atleast 5 years give or take before that happened.
    Now I dunno If I can see it unfolding infront of my eyes.

As much as I would hate to cash out in all my holds as when I bought them, they where bought with the idea of being great buys down the line that would be worth a fortune, however the idea of sitting with so much money in such a potentially risky situation that I can't get out of, really has me thinking and wondering, almost to the point Im genuinely thinking is this worth the risk and should I cash out and only play with profit or a much smaller sum of cash just for fun almost.

So my real question is this, anyone else getting the genuine fear for their money now, or am I just blowing this all up in my head?

No

• @Le-Blanc Is that a no for not having the fear, or a no as in im not blowing this up in my head?

Hate to be that guy, but I like to be crystal.

@Le-Blanc Is that a no for not having the fear, or a no as in im not blowing this up in my head?

Hate to be that guy, but I like to be crystal.

Sorry, it was meant to be a bit of humour really in response to the long post but to answer your question properly, no I am not suffering from the fear. I have been around long enough to believe FI will always react and put things right. Why would they not? I think their roadmap is good I think yesterday’s announcement shows they have recognized the need for far better communications which removes uncertainty and brings clarity.

• @Kanzz

Your fear is real, basically it's market saturation (generally or player specific) which was always going to be the ultimate problem. However we are still at the very early stages of growth (which incidentally is the silver bullet solution) & just undergoing "growth pains" as the current market is capitalised at just c£130m so we are still 8x smaller than the short/medium term ambition of £1bn. If & when that money arrives over time, most players will rise in price, so even below average traders/portfolios will be lifted, presenting a profitable opportunity to either reduce exposure or cash out altogether.

Markets are driven by both fear & greed at the present time fear is in the ascendancy but give it a couple of months & greed/optimism will be back with avengence. I confidently predict that even poor traders will show 25-50% profit over the next 12 months due to the massive marketing push & exciting new platform developments. Whilst FI are often unprofessional, incompetent & inept they do have a fantastic, potentially world beating product on their hands whose strength will shine through almost despite how badly managed it is - have faith & you will reap the rewards IMHO.

I personally like the cruise ship analogy that is getting ready to set sail & we are just the crew, still awaiting a full compliment of paying passengers to embark.

• @Le-Blanc Ah sorry my bad, when its about money you can call me virgin as I dont fuck around lol

Granted I didnt really see they announced their plan untill after I made the post.
    However I was just trying to get some insight and maybe even some sanity.

I do feel much better that the issue has been addressed or atleast spoke about, can only give them the benefit of the doubt, as they have been quite good at fixing things.
    See how things get on.

• @Geronimo159387 I can see what your saying and where you are going with that.
    So they are just shuffling it so its more "even" and has more room for new buyers to come in and bring the prices up as they seam "cheap", I can dig that
    Truth be told I like your outlook a hell of alot better than mine right now or when I wrote that thing lol.

Ive said it a thousand times to others so why would it be any diffrent here I guess, patience is the key I , I made the post before I saw they had posted the "roadmap" so I feel better they have atleast spoke on it.

Main main and only issue is the lack of IS or lack of ability to get out with a "fair" amount of my holds. As long as its being atleast spoke about from FI themselves I can hang on and see what happens.

only issue is the lack of IS or lack of ability to get out with a "fair" amount of my holds.

FI badly mishandled the withdrawal of IS (which was a necessary act to remove any artificial price support & allow the market to grow based on "clean prices") it was poorly communicated & left lots of existing holders feeling cheated & betrayed. The very same loyal, trusting users who built the platform to it's current level of success & whilst market growth will over time restore the spreads & allow profitable player exits FI could & should have provided a fair exit mechanism for those who bought & held players under the old IS supported system.

They have self inflicted unnecessary reputational damage & driven away, often at a loss, many loyal platform believers who would otherwise have formed an effective wave of recruiting sargents going forward. To use CV as the cover for doing it just adds insult to injury & AC/FI have still quite a lot of trust rebuilding to do, even amongst those of us who can see the solid business justifications for the change.

• @Geronimo159387 I understood why they stopped IS when they did and why they did. To protect us all from covid hysteria, I liked that as harsh as it was. Saved all our asses and gave us a boom for a while.

However they should as a sign of loyalty to those customers brought it back after the covid calmed down a bit. I mean thankfully Im doing ok and been able to work during these times, but not everyone has been so lucky, hell some poor guys might not even have a job.

There should have been some sort of system put in place so people could atleast get some money out if they really really needed it. Just larger spreads on IS would have worked just fine imo.

Thats a gripe of mine they always like to be so "cloak and dagger" about things, rather than just sitting down and explaing it to us before hand not after lol. Most of us are grown adults who can understand planning and understand they are building a product with some longevity, but they always like to keep us in the dark almost.

Some people might be here for fun, Im here to try and retire earlie lol. So im flexible about the plan aslong as you tell what we are doing before hand, in advance.
    Main reason I cant look people in the eye and honestly vouch for FI anymore is incase they put alot of money on some donkey they cant shift to get the money back out. Before hand it would be a lesson learned, we all did it when we joined.

Now Id feel like a right dick pardon my french If I told someone about FI and they spoke to me later about being stuck with large hold they cant shift for love nor money.

With no IS the way things are at the moment if everybody tried to leave at the same time, nobody would get out. FI would just wait 3 years and collect.

• Mindful yes, fearful no. I don't think you can put your money in here and see ground floor bitcoin like growth, your £19k isn't going to turn into £200k in a few years.

I do believe however the product is well positioned to return 20%+ on your monies each year and have faith FI is a good long term bet.

• @Kanzz just feels like a transitional period. The spreads will eventually close and the sell now offers will become fairer. At the moment, like I you, I dare not look at the IS price. 😅 It’s a nonsense and not a true reflection of their worth. In the coming months it should get better with Nasdaq/market makers etc.
    But the days of buying rubbish and expecting the rising market to make you money is probably gone. As one FI commentator put it “the training wheels are coming off and the market is maturing. FI won’t be there to bail out our poor trades. It’s big school now.”

• No, in 2017 you could only win through the top 200 then FI announced the squad could win divs - this caused a huge meltdown much much wore than this.
    PB introduction - another meltdown as mb holds might suffer and 30p players would win pb causing huge crashes in players.
    Ipd introduction - another meltdown.
    Ipd’s after share split in october - another meltdown.

• I agree it's not like goalkeepers are going to be the end of the Index - they'll cause a period of instability (which can be profited from) and the Index will emerge stronger in the long run.

The ME situation and the huge spreads at the moment are clearly unsustainable though. It's pleasing to see some awareness of the risks from FI and a few concrete actions they are taking.

OBs are the real game changer though - they have to get that introduction right, and do it alongside something which is going to stimulate optimism in the market. If they do then I think we are in for a very exciting period.

• Suppose you gradually sold your port and come out with 17K ...that sounds like a decent return to me...where else could you do that and not forgetting we've just been through the covid nightmare.

• I’ve only been using this for a few months now but already being a bit wary of putting much more money in even when there looks to be a lot of bargain potential. My big concern is that as much as this is viewed as a stock market for footballers we’re really all putting the money into one single company. If FI runs out of money then having a varied portfolio doesn’t matter.

• Fear is why markets and life have ups and downs..

Personally I think FI has done a great job to date and my confidence in the platform is at an all-time high..

FI is at a young stage in its growth and is the market leader in how bookies will be run this century, so my advice is to stay calm and ride out this transition period so as you don't miss this "bitcoin" style opportunity 😉🤦‍♀️ ..

There is nothing like this platform anywhere else which is why Nasdaq sees the benefit of becoming a strategic partner with FI. Take on board that the planet has just shut down and is only starting to reopen, you can logically see why there is not much movement in the market presently.

Best of luck with whatever you decide and stay away from the doom and gloomers, as they thrive on negativity.

• @Ryan10 think this is a fair point but as someone with a 250 player port, I would note that I'm at an all-time high when many others are reporting significant losses. I think the most important aspect is that the bulk of any profit/loss is virtual, and personally, I foresee better times ahead.

FI have protected my money while still delivering divs, which is great. I think the comms have been shambolic at times so that area needs a lot of work as it is damaging to the product.

• @NorfolkCanary Ill be honest 15 to 17 K in a year dosnt impress me that much tbh, I could prob do just as good or maybe even better with other things that have less "risk" and red tape.

15 to 23 k in a year, tax and stress free, that however peaks my intrest very much so.

• @FootballArgos I’m hopeful for the better times ahead but have enough concern about whether the product can last long enough for those better times to be realised.

On a side note, at 250 players would you like to add more or have you reached your limit?