Mr LP1

• @Black-Wolf I have 14 keepers now and I am seeing the same pattern as you, everytime there is a big sell off my port value jumps. It has jumped significantly today. Up 1.61% in last 24 hours.

At the same time Neymar, TAA and Dybala are killing my overall returns.

• @Wynnston Yeah just a bit depressed with it all at the moment but i have to think positively if I can.

Got a few French holds and money will soon roll in to those players.

Just soul destroying seeing your port week in week out declining with no imminent positive outlook.

You have to take the rough with the smooth I suppose.

I'm gonna go lie down now😉

• @Geronimo159387 said in Mr LP1:

@dean73 said in Mr LP1:
    I would guesstimate £20m might start to get things moving, have MM got pockets that deep? If not FI need a rethink to help add extra stimulus.

Have you already forgotten the update only yesterday? MMs will be pumping millions into the platform. Yes, their pockets are that deep. From AC yesterday:

"The first of these new liquidity providers, LP001 is already active in the market under a formal arrangement, and committed to providing a significant volume of liquidity running into the £millions over the coming months.

The result will be progressively tighter spreads and increased liquidity across the market at every price tier, including the vast majority of the lower end".

• @Gazz127 its not really because of keepers entirely. Its because the market is gridlocked people are selling the only players they can to get on keepers but the only reason they are selling them is because they are good holds and the spreads are decent. The players that are dropping are the ones that will recover, the completely stagnant holds with the large spreads are the ones that i find a bit concerning because if they plummet they may not recover for a long time

• @Londoner

No rather questioning the timescale, if it's not in full swing before next season then the liquidity squeeze won't be eased for a couple more months.

@Londoner

No rather questioning the timescale, if it's not in full swing before next season then the liquidity squeeze won't be eased for a couple more months.

It should be in time for next season according to AC:

"The ‘Offers’ element of order books will be in place within 6-8 weeks. Full NASDAQ integration will be live in September as the new football season heats up. The master plan takes us to fully functioning order books and a mature market supported by a number of established market makers acting as liquidity providers".

• @Black-Wolf said in Mr LP1:

@Gazz127 im so glad i made the jump to keepers when i did as im not far of my all time high now and its all down to the 17 keepers i bought

I'm already regretting only going 10% of my port on them 😂

• @Londoner

I would suggest both a EL/CL promotion in August & Birthday Bonus (net spend or similar) in September will be necessary on top of what was in the announcement. Constant negativity & agitated/unhappy users are not great for PR in the couple of months before the changes come into effect.

• @Marksandygill said in Mr LP1:

@speedloafer calling out bullying by calling someone a nonce? way to claim the moral high ground!

My thoughts exactly 🤔

• Just had a flick through here, but just to be clear; as you can see in the above screenshot LP1 is essentially FI, just a subcontracted company. At the moment, the vast majority of the activity (which started a few weeks ago under names like Caleb Hale etc) is 'Providing Liquidity' by buying up the top of long sell queues and releasing that money back into traders' accounts.

Since yesterday they have also been doing a little bit of true 'Market Making' by offering bids (IS), albeit low ones) on a range of lower priced players who haven't had bids on them from us lot since the ME was introduced.

They're not looking to make profit (or loss), but rather keep the market liquid. As Orderbooks are introduced, they "expect further third-party Market Makers to participate in the market". In other words, FI will be less and less involved as with a growing market and proper Order Books it will largely look after itself. We're obviously not there yet, so in the meantime we have LP1.

• @Baydog said in Mr LP1:

@Black-Wolf said in Mr LP1:

@Gazz127 im so glad i made the jump to keepers when i did as im not far of my all time high now and its all down to the 17 keepers i bought

I'm already regretting only going 10% of my port on them 😂

I managed around 20% of my portfolio into them. Which has looked like a decent balance so far

• @Baydog

Likewise, I was lucky enough to sell some (not all) of my big hitters via the sell queue in days leading up to the dividend review. It could have left me feeling rather stupid if AC had doubled PB dividends. But as things worked out it left me with some cash to jump on keepers as soon as the market reopened.

I now have 22% of my port invested in them, but wish it was more. I’m confident that any quality keeper, who is playing regularly in a PB league and for a top 6 side, under say £1.50 in price, will deliver 100% in dividends over three years. I just don’t see the top 10 outfield players (some of whom I still own) doing that. Plus keepers play on for longer, so even those around 29 or 30 years old now, should still have decent resell value in three years (unless they randomly move to China etc).

But for those who didn’t jump on, the market must be very frustrating at the moment. The outfield players time for growth will come though, as the market always seems to work in cycles.

• @ocs123 said in Mr LP1:

@Baydog

Likewise, I was lucky enough to sell some (not all) of my big hitters via the sell queue in days leading up to the dividend review. It could have left me feeling rather stupid if AC had doubled PB dividends. But as things worked out it left me with some cash to jump on keepers as soon as the market reopened.

I now have 22% of my port invested in them, but wish it was more. I’m confident that any quality keeper, who is playing regularly in a PB league and for a top 6 side, under say £1.50 in price, will deliver 100% in dividends over three years. I just don’t see the top 10 outfield players (some of whom I still own) doing that. Plus keepers play on for longer, so even those around 29 or 30 years old now, should still have decent resell value in three years (unless they randomly move to China etc).

But for those who didn’t jump on, the market must be very frustrating at the moment. The outfield players time for growth will come though, as the market always seems to work in cycles.

100% agree. I had some fresh money to put in - had I been relying upon sales I think the period that I would have been upset would have been a lot longer than 48hrs (which is when I chilled out and bought a load of keepers who I had never heard of - I did not react quickly to it as I was too disgusted by the concept. I required some serious brooding time before I could look Luigi Sepe in the face and consider him to be a real man.)

I am happy with my lot in them now. The temptation is there to go in harder as they are gonna keep moving, but ultimately I want to use FI to enjoy match days and making money. I don't think I will get too much buzz off the keeper aspect, and I think the market will most likely still get a lot more excited by a goal than a save... It'll all even out, the returns are definitely in the keepers, but frenzy can't last forever.. I suspect when the CL and Europa with big gold day divs on offer should capture peoples attention.. And then the new season is right around the corner (and transfers).. I'm gonna look at my keepers like ISAs - they are that tedious and joyless to me 😂😂

• He’s back now on kdb and Mané

• Mr the unbearables just bought a load of some guy. Then Mr. "GET a life and stop watching the ticker" caught me😂 he bought 15 gulasci

• @MrWh1te Thanks for the info. I'd read it previously but had forgotten some of the finer detail. So, if I am understanding it correctly these Market Movers are people employed by third party companies who are contracted by FI to buy bets using FI's money? There's therefore no requirement for these individuals to make a profit from their trades?

Essentially, instead of having an IS option, where FI are forced to take back bets without any choice (other than setting the level they'll pay) they now selectively buy back bets as and when they feel it will benefit the overall market?

If so that probably puts some of my concerns to rest. Although this line is a bit worrying "The Market Maker does this in order to gain valuable experience ahead of the incorporation of order books..." So the people being employed as MM's are pretty much learning the ropes as this time and although they presumably have some sort of stocks and shares background aren't experienced with this unique product?

• @GDS
    No I believe market makers use their own money.
    They may get paid by FI to work here.

If it works same as other markets, they will be offering a buy and a sell price, so they are buying from market but when shares sell they go first to the market maker and then to fi.

Not 100% sure though. We are all guessing a bit.

One thing is clear though, they will be making a profit, they aren't doing this for fun.

• I think they use FI's money & essentially they are employed by FI who give them a wage or comission on their trades, or how else did they know LP1 will spend "millions" in the coming months.

Essentially, he's got a working budget.

• @Ericali said in Mr LP1:

I think they use FI's money & essentially they are employed by FI

@Fletch claims LP1 are actually a "wholly owned subsidiary of FI" which makes complete sense & although I do understand that they are being treated with suspicion (who'd have thought FI have TRUST issues to address!!) it's wholly unfounded IMO. MM in general are a very good thing & especially if this one is effectively FI in disguise, as they will not only operate with full market knowledge (sales queue depth, trading volumes etc) they will also be acting along the company guidelines & tier one GC supervision, so less chance for miscommunication of ultimate goals, as we all know communications is another of FI's towering strengths!

I think at least £20m will be necessary to shift the current market liquidity issues, so it will be interesting to see if LP1 will commit that sort of firepower alone.

EDIT: MM is independent but using FI funds (presumably structured to comply with GC rules) - what a perfect job, wonder how you drop on that gig?

I think at least £20m will be necessary to shift the current market liquidity issues, so it will be interesting to see if LP1 will commit that sort of firepower alone.

I think LP1 will be investing millions alone according to AC. So with LP2, LP3 etc it could run close to that figure you suggested

0_1594798107182_Screenshot_20200715-082647.png