Mr LP1

• @Baydog said in Mr LP1:

Just look at your Antonio trade.

Actually kept him & topped up, as he'd paid for himself anyway, only a small hold but great returns. Don't get me wrong 85% of my portfolio is long holds, many 2 years old already but I enjoy trading with the remaining 15-20%. I can adjust & adapt my trading to suit almost any player or trading strategy but I can't magic liquidity out of nowhere & lots of strategies depend on it being available.

I get extremely frustrated when FI senior executives repeatedly mismanage a potentially world beating product & squander the obvious growth opportunities. I wouldn't let them run my bath let alone a £multi - million business & the longer they allow this liquidity crisis to continue the more damage they do to the product.

• @Geronimo159387 said in Mr LP1:

@Baydog said in Mr LP1:

Just look at your Antonio trade.

Actually kept him & topped up, as he'd paid for himself anyway, only a small hold but great returns. Don't get me wrong 85% of my portfolio is long holds, many 2 years old already but I enjoy trading with the remaining 15-20%. I can adjust & adapt my trading to suit almost any player or trading strategy but I can't magic liquidity out of nowhere & lots of strategies depend on it being available.

I get extremely frustrated when FI senior executives repeatedly mismanage a potentially world beating product & squander the obvious growth opportunities. I wouldn't let them run my bath let alone a £multi - million business & the longer they allow this liquidity crisis to continue the more damage they do to the product.

😂 I dunno, I can now start to see how they are managing it. Don't get me wrong, I am not pro the way FI handles things - but I don't have the concerns I had about liquidity as I had before.. I have changed my strategy somewhat - I used to own large holdings - now I am buying small holdings across the market and spreading the risk (risk has clearly increased with no IS option).. That is my reaction to what FI are doing, it is risk management and adapting to what is in front of me - but what I hope is I can go back to my old strategy of going big on targets that I am convinced by - but until I am absolutely certain that liquidity is not such an issue as I had assumed, I'll stick to playing it safe

I have changed my strategy somewhat - I used to own large holdings - now I am buying small holdings across the market and spreading the risk

It's called doing a "reverse Big Don" but that was largely my strategy from the start so I am really just looking for top ups & bargains until liquidity is restored.

@Baydog said in Mr LP1:

I have changed my strategy somewhat - I used to own large holdings - now I am buying small holdings across the market and spreading the risk

It's called doing a "reverse Big Don" but that was largely my strategy from the start so I am really just looking for top ups & bargains until liquidity is restored.

😂 He pretty much had the ideal set up and he got sucked in by the 100% dividend rise hype train.. I assume he's not a happy man right now

I assume he's not a happy man right now

Did see him bemoaning all the GK's he'd just jettisoned but given I am a longtime GK advocate & had done something similar to fund ME bids I could sympathise!

@Baydog said in Mr LP1:

I assume he's not a happy man right now

Did see him bemoaning all the GK's he'd just jettisoned but given I am a longtime GK advocate & had done something similar to fund ME bids I could sympathise!

I'd know exactly how I'd feel if I was him... I'd be hoping Mr LP01 bails me out 😂 That said, i\ will guarantee you he will make an incredible return off TAA - he's just pulled an absolute stinker on timing

• I haven't noticed him on today do you think they have changed tactics and he is upping the bid prices?

• @Advinculas-Index

Not sure, but they have a few Rashford Divs to spend tomorrow

• @Advinculas-Index he was buying thousands of Bellingham earlier.

• and a bit of Havertz too. Lots of Bellingham though.

• Getting stuck into grealish

• Is he still very active or has he slowed down now? I've not seen him on the ticker the last few days. If he has gone quiet, do you think he'll be back for more or is it job done?

• @Boris999 looks like putting bids in instead. Spreads on premium players have closed quite a bit and not sure market sentiment has changed that much to explain it.

• @Boris999 said in Mr LP1:

If he has gone quiet, do you think he'll be back for more or is it job done?

Certainly not job done, maybe stabilised the ship & tbf I think FI maybe giving it a few days to see the full effects of this initial market buying. He's thrown somewhere between £1/2 - 1m at the top players, so significantly dented their queues & added the equivalent amount in cash into the holders accounts. Whether that sits in cash balances, goes into ME bids, market buys or has been withdrawn only FI will know but they clearly aren't simply going to allow sellers to cash out at market buy price, then rebuy via ME at lower prices & rinse/repeat & neither should they.

Whether this injection of liquidity trickles down to help the mid/low end is open to question, haven't seen much evidence personally & I would still advocate LP1 clearing some of those sales queues directly, where his help could probably do the most good & reward the most deserving holders (many who have been stuck in those queues for many months) but no sign of that happening either. I'm happy for them to review the progress & will be patient but I am still of the opinion probably £15-20m will be needed to properly address the liquidity squeeze so plenty work still to do IMHO.

Remember the statement said "The result will be progressively tighter spreads and increased liquidity across the market at every price tier, including the vast majority of the lower end." & we are still along way from that position & those who arguable suffered most from the withdrawal of IS have seen precisely nothing from LP1 yet.

• They will need a period of time to reflect on how that money has been spent and if it has achieved the desired effect. If it has do you continue with the same strategy, if not how do you spend in any future wave to assist, grow the market.

Give it time..

• The spreads at the lower end have tightened - they have closed the bid zone so you have to bid higher - but also there are far less bids being accepted (in my experience anyway) even at higher prices - so you're also bidding higher again.. I've had a bid of 36p on 100 Ricardo Rodriguez (44p) for a few days, and only 1 share been matched thus far.. A few weeks ago a bid that generous would have been taken in minutes

• From that weird email I received claiming that LP1 is actually FI under the guise of a real MM {which would tie in with his arrival just after the don't panic statement when everyone was kicking off after the div announcement} I do wonder if we are yet to see real MMs enter.

I hope this has just been FI doing their bit kalbeit bending their rules some what) and that when real MMs enter we will see a lot more buying going through, after all I'd expect the real MMs to have a lot more financial clout than FI.

• @Westy said in Mr LP1:

after all I'd expect the real MMs to have a lot more financial clout than FI.

Not sure that follows; clearly independent MM might have more money but everything they spend is at 100% risk, subject to their MM benefits/agreement, whereas FI basically have no risk, as they have already got the money from selling the player initially, which gives them a MASSIVE ADVANTAGE in risk profile, so FI can clearly be far more aggressive with no downside risk.

Only restraint I can see is them needing to comply with any GC rules & not transgress any money already earmarked for that players future dividend liabilities.

• @Westy

Has anyone else had that email or is it only you that has admitted receiving it, it all seems a little odd.

Whatever money that has been invested, there has to by a point in time of finance that you take a step back and review the effect. You can't keep throwing money at an issue without understanding is there benefit to all parties. If there has been then maybe you might see further investment and additional MM come to the market.

I would imagine if you take the recent events since covid, with the threat of the removal of selling up of portfolios, if you have spent up to a million as a MM, you review has that money been reinvested or left the market before investing further.

• My experience is that the spreads on lower end players are tightening, definitely seen a difference in the last week. Posted profit in each 24h period in the last week. I'm also finding a lot less bids accepted so currently only bidding at 10% reduction & at less quantity. I also think the ME Bids Accepted thread has also dried up quite a bit.