Breaking News: Proposed Dates For English Summer Transfer Window Announced

• 0_1594711110418_Screenshot_20200714-081712.png
    Goalkeepers or transfer holds? Where's the money going to go?

• @Dalian-Smyth goalkeepers, transfer holds and some youngsters is all i have left. Most my premiums had to go to get on keepers. Im praying for an Alfredo Morelos and Florinel Coman transfer to the EPL

• @Black-Wolf Appears to be a different dynamic this transfer window with goalkeepers. They still look cheap but would folk still invest in them during the close season? ๐Ÿค” Surely FI will launch a transfer dividend promo. I've got quite a few myself I'm hoping for good moves.

• 2months to hold goalies for potential divs (apart from totm)
    Transfer promo divs to come in maybe?
    Who will have the patience to hold their goalies....
    Hopefully the window will kickstart some trading with a media madness promo or something.

• @Tom77 I don't know why you'd risk transfer season at cost of keepers who have so much growth left in them..

Typical dynamic is pb players would be at their peak around march/April as European competitions come to a head... And as teams get knocked out people sell for transfer holds.

Gks are nowhere near peak.. So it should play out differently. Also... Is October the start of the season then? I thought it would be sooner...so is the window overlapping with real footy? May damage the mb of transfers... And also pb means less mb payouts (France definitely starts during that window)

I don't think we will see typical FI transfer behaviour for a number of reasons.

• Season 20/21 Start Dates

Ligue 1 23rd August
    Bundesliga 16th September

Other PB leagues are yet to announce but you'd expect the date to be closer to Bundesliga start date than Ligue 1.

Some very dull trading going on if folk are going to plough into goalkeepers throughout the close season. I think a Sancho to Manchester United could focus attention to the transfer market. I'm imagining a Sancho transfer would be big for price and sew up media for quite a while. I think this transfer would have a cascade effect on other holds.

• @Dalian-Smyth i thought i read or heard on a podcast that transfer dividends wouldnt be returning

• @Dalian-Smyth people always buy ahead of the trend. In a normal season we would of started buying transfer targets around and right now we would be buying our PB players for next season. The transfer purchase period was written off by COVID19 so its now time to try and look at PB and theres no area of PB more lucrative than GK at the moment

• @Black-Wolf said in Breaking News: Proposed Dates For English Summer Transfer Window Announced:

@Dalian-Smyth i thought i read or heard on a podcast that transfer dividends wouldnt be returning

I think these are challenging times for FI. I think it could be a mis step not to do anything in the close season. I remember last close season. PB players are always the smart move but it's not my recollection of where the money went.๐Ÿค”

Personally I think it could be a bit alarming if goalkeepers is what we all invested in throughout the summer. Don't get me wrong they have good value but the instant rewards aren't so obvious in the close season. There's an awful lot of short term traders here I feel won't be getting their fix ploughing into goalkeepers.

• @Dalian-Smyth Goal keepers aren't dull they are the best value on the index atm.

• @Black-Wolf said in Breaking News: Proposed Dates For English Summer Transfer Window Announced:

@Dalian-Smyth people always buy ahead of the trend. In a normal season we would of started buying transfer targets around and right now we would be buying our PB players for next season. The transfer purchase period was written off by COVID19 so its now time to try and look at PB and theres no area of PB more lucrative than GK at the moment

Thereโ€™s 2 months until the new season, you don't think there will be a transfer period?
    Even one month is an age in FI world.

• @NorfolkCanary No they are value at the minute. I hold some but they are a very dull hold for me.

• 0_1594720235841_Screenshot_20200714-104958.png
    Indications are there could be significant movements in the EPL. The 2 Manchester's are ready to make improvements. I'm sure there'll be many want to get involved in new additions there. Some EPL clubs look forced to sell. Some appear cash rich. I think there really will be quite a bit of movement.

• @Tom77 there will be but depending on liquidity it wont be anything like previous years. A month is a long time but most traders are also planning many months in advance and we havenโ€™t had the opportunity to really build for a summer transfer window unless you did so in January/February. I think money may flood into one or two players as transfer stories emerge but it wont be as volatile

• Also 6-8 weeks until offers are introduced. How are people going to release money from other holds to get involved. Cant imagine many are feeling like putting a lot of new money in when they cant get old out

Also 6-8 weeks until offers are introduced. How are people going to release money from other holds to get involved. Cant imagine many are feeling like putting a lot of new money in when they cant get old out

Have to see would be suprised if there is a deposit bonus like last year running over the transfer period, throw in some transfer divs and the market might move ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ
    It would be as flat as a pancake if the did nothing.

• @Tom77 i think we may have to accept it may well be flat until the new season starts

• @Black-Wolf Find it hard to believe FI would allow the market to go flat during the close season. They've introduced transfer divs before in troubled times. If they do nothing it could be a summer of Vespasian telling us about a fabulous place with over 20 virtual tournaments a day over at Top Trumps Inc. The world's changed since last summer. I don't think FI can wrest on their laurels.

• @Dalian-Smyth from what i can see its flat over there too ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

• I don't think it will be that flat. Most of my holds are players I bought for transfers or Euros anyway.

Maybe look at free transfers as much as the traditional big moves.

Players out of contract could suddenly become very desirable.
    Gotze, Lallana, Ryan Fraser. Off the top of my head and curiously also in my portfolio. ๐Ÿ˜

Gonzalo Escalante too. Transfer to top Italian side and Champions League qualifiers Lazio has been done already.

I know. I'm shameless! ๐Ÿ˜ณ