When will the drop STOP!!??

• I'd say 80/90% of people's ports have taken a hit since the announcement last week but it just seems like it's not slowing down. Me personally I don't even want to look at my port anymore it's dropping so consistently. Anyone else getting it as bad?

• @Jamiearsenal93 then don’t look markets fo through these cycles we’ve been here before.

If you have faith in the platform and your holds you have nothing to worry about.

If you don’t sell up take the hit and move on with life.

Every other bloody thread is the same thing.

• @Sav2000 said in When will the drop STOP!!??:

@Jamiearsenal93 then don’t look markets fo through these cycles we’ve been here before.

If you have faith in the platform and your holds you have nothing to worry about.

No offence mate, but the OP is clearly looking for reassurances.

You tellin him to man the fuck up, is not really helpful, is it?

Maybe it would have been better to say nothing at all? 🤷‍♂️ 🤣

• @Jamiearsenal93 Down bout 2.5%, hold a lot of top 200 players and not 1 keeper.
    Made my first deposit today since last July, imo it’s the perfect time to take advantage of the low ME prices, intend to increase between 20-40% of my total deposits over the next week or two

• @johnboywalker 😂 I've been here long enough and been through enough cycles but not seen such a consistent drop across the board. I was asking a simple question of when people will think it'll slow down and matey above got keyboard rage lol

• Let's be honest the drop is just reversing the large gains of the few weeks beforehand! It will stop when people have finished spunking their loads on GK, new seasons will start and there will probably be a promotion of some kind!
    It goes in cycles, its just exacerbated by the perceived poor dividend review!
    Remember its a 3 year bet!!😀👍

• @Gregolocky I'm down across the whole board but I'm not that fussed about my top end players, they'll pull back. The worry is when your have sub £1 players who's spread is so ridiculous that your not going to instant sell but they more than likely won't rise again or if they do not by much. It's going to kill a ton of people

• @Jamiearsenal93 I'm down 1.5% for the week. But as the saying goes you have only made a loss once you sell. If you can afford to keep the money and you still belive in your holds keep the faith, if the past week has made you think your holds are not as good as first thought it may be worth biting the bullet and using IS. There is a lot of cheap Pb holds avalible on ME at the moment that could be worth a punt, you'll also be buying a similair % discount to IS so hopefully the loss won't be too big.

• @johnboywalker fair enough mate but that and the usual Bickering between the usuals is all I’ve read today! I used to enjoy my read odd dropping in and out of the forum all day but the last few days have been depressing.

Happy for people to discuss their concerns but we don’t need several threads discussing the same thing over and over

• @Gregolocky yeah I am in the same sort of position as you, probably about 3.5 % - 4 % down from where I was before fi dropped the announcement, incidentally are you depositing into the top 200 waiting for the inevitable bounce, or are you ploughing it all into keepers, or a bit of both?

• @Sav2000 fairly simple then, don't click on the post. Tallah

• @Chris-C I’m topping up current holds atm, mostly PB players reducing my original buy price. Price range bought through ME today was 4 I think £1.50-£2 and 1 £4+

I’ve no intention in getting involved with keepers atm

• @Gregolocky if you need some jack grealish hit me up😂

@johnboywalker fair enough mate but that and the usual Bickering between the usuals is all I’ve read today! I used to enjoy my read odd dropping in and out of the forum all day but the last few days have been depressing.

Happy for people to discuss their concerns but we don’t need several threads discussing the same thing over and over

I appreciate your frustration mate, but now is the time for experienced stalwarts like yourself to keep the morale of the troops up! 👍

We are stuck on the beach of Dunkirk at the minute! The Gerries are shelling the fuck out of our position, but keep the faith. There is a rescue plan in place ... it's just taking a little longer than most would like! 🤣🤷‍♂️

Give it another couple months and we will be back on familiar ground, sipping pints of bitter down the local, toasting our own success! 👍🤑👍

• @Jamiearsenal93 I’ve a port of 80+ players so I’ve got a few sub £1, there’s definitely a few I’m gonna have to take a loss on but not till the full order book system is onboarded so I hopefully can get a better price within the 3 years.
    In other words there should be plenty of time to reduce the losses before exit time

Don’t hold Grealish bud, he’ll spike when villa get relegated so I’d hold tough on him for a bit 👍🏻

• @Jamiearsenal93 i reckon now that people know these market makers are buying from the sell queues more people are listing shares in the hope the MM buys theirs. Its the start of the market starting to get into motion again it might seem shit just now but if money is moving sell queues will start reducing and prices will rise but it might take a little while longer before we see the light at the end of the tunnel

• @Gregolocky to be fair I'm in good profit on him

• @Jamiearsenal93 when sell orders come in people will cancel their queues.

I think the first round of sell orders will be between the IS and buy price... But FI will still sell shares at buy price... So your port shouldn't drop then on in by people creating sell orders.

It could go the other way and you'll see the buy price drop rapidly as sell orders compete.

Either way... People need to understand now that your portfolio is not worth anywhere near what it states. Best thing to do is calculate your port based on the IS price... Check bid depth too. And if you have more than 300 shares in a player... Use some common sense to discount what the next set of IS will be.

The number will be worrying but at least mentally you can begin to align yourself with reality and then when market turns around it will taste all the more sweet.

• @johnboywalker all I’ve tried to do all day is be positive and helpful....this post was simply the straw that broke the camels back 😜

@Jamiearsenal93 then don’t look markets fo through these cycles we’ve been here before.

I think everyone is allowed to snap once or twice given the circumstances... @Sav2000 seems like one of the nicer and more level headed people on the forum - and I don't think he meant any kind of malice.. It was more a show of frustration at the number of threads covering the same topic...