Media Buzz

• Sooner the review happens the better. Today, Talksport have put 3 articles out, each one a few hours apart, ALL 3 basically saying exactly the same thing.....Thiago Alcantara has put his house on the market, UTD wanting Sancho and Lingard likely to leave,
    All they've done ids tweak a few words in each headline......and it's got Thiago 200pts from Talksport alone

That, to me, looks like Talksport are holding shares. 3 articles the same on the same day ?

Media is so skewed

• Surely if a journalist were to abuse his/her position the idea would be to actually win some dividends?

Don’t imagine any journalists would risk their careers and credibility for a few dividends - let alone to finish 5th and win nothing.

• @Chris-J said in Media Buzz:

Surely if a journalist were to abuse his/her position the idea would be to actually win some dividends?

Don’t imagine any journalists would risk their careers and credibility for a few dividends - let alone to finish 5th and win nothing.

It won't be the journalist himself that would have an account. More like his/her partner.

• How about this one tonight too

Daily Express

SEVEN articles on Sancho

Pretty much all the same stuff.....how much can you make up in one day ?

Seriously....someone in these offices in raking it in.....either that or Sanch needs an injuction as he's being stalked by them

• @Munchie63 said in Media Buzz:

How about this one tonight too

Daily Express

SEVEN articles on Sancho

Pretty much all the same stuff.....how much can you make up in one day ?

Seriously....someone in these offices in raking it in.....either that or Sanch needs an injuction as he's being stalked by them

I think this will be the biggest area of the media review to sort this out, never mind foreign media.

• As someone who knows and works in / with media, there is absolutely no way they have a side-influence or interest in FI. That's crazy. Yes, they may well hold sway over tax laws, Trump and China.... but err FI? I think not. Bigger fish to fry.

• Surely the point is its 'media buzz' and not 'serious investigative journalism'
    If people don't read it then it stops being written, until then it's media buzz...😁
    Also how do you filter it, what counts and what doesn't?!

• @Marksandygill Yes. You're right. FI needs to analyse THAT - the REAL news. I get ya. Totally. But to address the OP, the numerous-version articles that FI is currently scanning are written and updated and re-published to keep their news brand pummelling up the google rankings. So yes, perhaps FI should look at filtering out such near-duplicate content and do it differently. But there's no evil FI-vision media play going on.

• Was rashford top at midnight?

• @Advinculas-Index He was a couple hundred points ahead, so I believe so

• @Advinculas-Index said in Media Buzz:

Was rashford top at midnight?

Yes 🥳 finally the lad has come good! 21p dividends! Enjoy all holders!

• Great stuff by Dr. Rashford.

• Another great day for the Media Fixers today

SEVEN articles so far from the Daily Express about Sancho's possible transfer to Utd.
    Seven, and it's only 3pm.

each one basically the same, but they change a couple of words around in the title.

I just can't see how anyone can think the same paper runs the same story 7 times, on the day 5 place PB starts, but they don't have a vested interest in it.

Shameless

• HRH Prince William flying to in MB. Wish I held 🤣

• @MP1980 Thinking of topping up on him now. Was tempted by Charles but he's far too risky at that age even though he'll rake in the MB at some stage

Prince George has got to be the best bet for a long term hold

• @Dave-B said in Media Buzz:

@MP1980 Thinking of topping up on him now. Was tempted by Charles but he's far too risky at that age even though he'll rake in the MB at some stage

Prince George has got to be the best bet for a long term hold

Shame about Harry's transfer to non pb league.

• @Jimbob Yes Harry, bit of a media darling but he was never going to be King... of the index

• @Munchie63 said in Media Buzz:

Another great day for the Media Fixers today

SEVEN articles so far from the Daily Express about Sancho's possible transfer to Utd.
    Seven, and it's only 3pm.

each one basically the same, but they change a couple of words around in the title.

I just can't see how anyone can think the same paper runs the same story 7 times, on the day 5 place PB starts, but they don't have a vested interest in it.

Shameless

The Daily Express has always been like this. They were the same when Werner moved to Chelsea and Bruno went to Man U. There are loads of other examples. Once they get hold of something, they always regurgitate the same stories over and over again throughout a day.

If the Express is removed as a source as part of the media review, or at the least has it's number of stories limited, then I think it will have quite a big affect on scoring.

• @Yellow 12 0r 13 between Express and Talksport today

they're definitely sly though as its a key word changed or they jumble the headline each time

• @Munchie63
    I joined three years ago when nobody had even heard of FI and the shit papers we’re doing the same thing. This is not new and is not a fix. Just because we are obsessed with FI doesn’t mean everyone else is. How much would they even win through this tactic? So risky and for so little reward.