Goalkeeper Port Percentage

• Just interested in other traders positions.
    With the the changes to goalkeepers status I have completely transformed the shape of my port.
    Pre the div changes I never held as much as a single share in a keeper.
    I have since bought nothing but keepers and now am just starting to analyse my port shift.
    On total asset share I hold currently in my port 33802 shares the split is an obscene 25100 in keepers which represents 74.25 percent of my port.
    On valuation these keeper shares amount to 17710 of my port value.... this represents 42.16 of my total port value.
    For assessing value I have taken the midpoint between current price for new shares and current bid price.
    Just interested have others done similar and now have a heavily weighted port in keepers.
    Would love to hear any feedback as I’m debating whether to continue this port shift or stick at these kinda levels as I still want to keep an interest watching games for pb and feel that’s more enjoyable shouting on Trent and Bruno as opposed to some jackass keeper in Serie a.
    To be fair port value has benifited nicely from these moves.

• 55% value !!

• @BMCG 20% value. 50% share quantity

• 52% by value, but that's likely to increase.

• @BMCG

I'm probably about 15% in goalkeepers.

I can understand why others will have 50%+ in keepers at the current time for short term gains, but please don't put all your eggs in one basket!!

A surefire way to lose money on this platform is to only invest in one area of the market.

Any experienced trader will tell you, when the wind changes direction, which it eventually will, you want to be in a position that covers all areas of the market. This protects you from over/under exposure! 👍

• At present 3% of my port value, long term I'd probably want GK's to be about 10-15% of my port value.

I have sold off a few in the last couple of days (to early I may add) and sold Hradecky and Sommer for God awful ME prices before the dividend announcement so not had the best of times with keepers.

The only keeper I hold now is Meret (Champions League potential) and happy to go shopping again when the new season gets into full swing.

• 25%.

First time in a week that my port is decreasing. The goalkeepers were keeping (get it) me afloat but even they cant stem this shit tide any longer!!

• About 35% of shares and just over 10% of portfolio value now in goalkeepers!

• I’ve added 10 keepers with 100 of each, certainly made my drop look a lot better.

But I’m not selling at a loss to get on them as I have faith in my holds over the next 6-9 months.

They certainly add more fun to the match days though, as I now have la Liga and seria a players which I didn’t before.

• Incredible that people who never owned a keeper now have over 50% of their shares in keepers.

For the record, I think some people overlooked their potential previously - keepers like Alisson were decent dividend returners even before the dividend announcement. Now people have probably gone a bit overboard with them - keepers will be very good long term holds but maybe not the most exciting once the novelty wears off.

• I’ve always been quite aggressive as a trader and I don’t time all trades well but to be in at the beginning of a new PB category at the start when I see the majority of keepers as undervalued means I have to chase where the money is I’m 25% up on the week when the other 45% of my port has taken a bit of a beating(mostly young players)I agree the tide will change at some point but I don’t see this as anytime soon.

I also think you can make great money on the ME at the minute each has its plus’s and pitfalls will see in 6 months if I’ve made a good decision🤷‍♂️

• @ocs123

When the dust settles and the smoke clears, there will be a lot of people holding a lot of worthless shit. Especially if they are buying now, when the gold rush has long past its peak. Those who bought keepers on Thursday - Sunday are in a great position. You guys hold all the cards. Anyone buying random keepers now are just hoping for the best. As with all positions, quality and dividend earning potential will drive the prices.

So, just like the rest of the index, we will see the equivalents of TAA, Bruno and Neymar keep rising to much higher prices whilst there will be a massive increase in traders pumping their 36yr old 28p keepers on Twitter desperately trying to shift them onto the next mug as the price gradually begins to drop back towards the 19p it was pre-announcement.

For the record, I am one of the mugs who instant sold a few players to grab a handful of keepers this week. That's why I've timed out. It's a slippery slope and not something I should have done. FOMO at its worst.

• I am 93% shares in GKs....increasing by the day. I only joined 7 days ago

• @ScouseSte said in Goalkeeper Port Percentage:

@ocs123

When the dust settles and the smoke clears, there will be a lot of people holding a lot of worthless shit. Especially if they are buying now, when the gold rush has long past its peak. Those who bought keepers on Thursday - Sunday are in a great position. You guys hold all the cards. Anyone buying random keepers now are just hoping for the best. As with all positions, quality and dividend earning potential will drive the prices.

So, just like the rest of the index, we will see the equivalents of TAA, Bruno and Neymar keep rising to much higher prices whilst there will be a massive increase in traders pumping their 36yr old 28p keepers on Twitter desperately trying to shift them onto the next mug as the price gradually begins to drop back towards the 19p it was pre-announcement.

For the record, I am one of the mugs who instant sold a few players to grab a handful of keepers this week. That's why I've timed out. It's a slippery slope and not something I should have done. FOMO at its worst.

Disagree with some of this Ste.

Goalkeepers are still very much near ground zero. They are still the best value bets on the market in terms of percentages.

They do not get subbed.

First choice GKs play over 90% of league games.

They have longer careers on average.

They are not effected by the Game winning goal.

They are not effected by the media review as nobody buys a keeper for MB anyways!

On a bronze day with only 2 games, a goalkeeper may only have 3 other players to compete against. In the same scenario, Trent could have 15+ competitors for defender PB. Even a 36 year old, 22p keeper for Elche has a chance of taking home the bacon in this scenario!

Why do you keep timing out mate!? 🤣🤯

• I'm at about 50% now and if I wasn't my port would be about -4%. I don't understand why some may think these are risky investments or will drop as they have so few to compete against for dividends and TOTM that their values, even now, aren't in line with what they'll return. I think most keepers will be between £1-£2 with the top ones maybe hitting £2.50+.

• Already showing that the yields for one win are great compared to the premiums in other positions.

I've shifted to about 50% port in keepers. I think they will double in price when the pb divs actually active. Would have made 4% div return on strakosha already... And soria who also got ipd. The solid pb keepers offer a genuine chance to win your stake back in divs at their current level. Hard to say the same for anyone over £2-3.

0_1594893794186__20200716_110050.JPG

• @johnboywalker said in Goalkeeper Port Percentage:

On a bronze day with only 2 games, a goalkeeper may only have 3 other players to compete against. In the same scenario, Trent could have 15+ competitors for defender PB. Even a 36 year old, 22p keeper for Elche has a chance of taking home the bacon in this scenario!

I'm not knocking keepers as a whole, but your example only makes me more certain about a lot of big gambles on worthless shit 🤣 - your Elche keeper can possibly win 1p on that day. 1p! How often are Elche going to play on a bronze day? It's dead money mate. Your sell price on a 22p keeper is likely to be what, 15p at best? Then take out commission.

It's all harmless gamble to hold a few hundred in case he somehow scoops a gold day win of course.

But that biggest fallers list in the top 200 I believe will soon be replicated in the squad list and consist mainly of the dogshit keepers that people panic-bought in the rush.

Oh and here's another prediction while we're at it...

What was likely to be a minimal adjustment to the PB matrix next summer is now likely to be far more damaging to existing bets. Why? Because you know damn well the clamour for keepers actions to be rewarded more and be in with a chance of star player will be massive now that everyone has overloaded on keepers.

The repercussions of adding this category at this time will be far reaching mate. I'm bracing myself for a tough 24 months ahead.

• @ScouseSte said in Goalkeeper Port Percentage:

@ocs123

Sorry ste but i cant agree. The point is that keepers will never be worthless shite. Ignoring keepers is like ignoring TAA when crosses got a buff or playing for media but refusing to buy united players.

Keepers are exceptional value and will continue to be so i find it hard to see how anyone cant grasp that. TAA is the price he is because he has a good chance of winning PB every time he plays. Keepers are the same because of how small the pool of players is. Its actually 10 times cheaper and 10 times easier to pick a PB winner in the GK category than any where else.

• @Black-Wolf

Not saying all keepers mate. Just a lot of them

• @ScouseSte the only ones im not interested in are over 33 or in the relegation zone. I consider all others unbelievable value.