When are prices going to stop crashing?

• I thought the Market Markers were buying shares and we were going to see spreads reduced and prices at worst just stagnate? I'm not seeing any of this!!

Everyone in my port with the exception of goalkeepers (even though some of them are now also dropping) is dropping every day (some much worse than others; i.e. Neymar, Dybala, Gnabry, Aouchiche). What the hell is going on or are lots of people secretly selling up and leaving?

Even players who's new seasons are just around the corner (Germany and France) are dropping and even players who have just signed for PB clubs and will get plenty of game time compared to their previous club (Aouchiche) are dropping.

I know people keep saying stay calm, prices will come back up but I just don't understand these sustained drops and I'm really getting nervous and frustrated at the future of the platform and more importantly my investment (gamble).

Despite a 24hr period when my port actually rose for the first time in weeks and weeks (rose 0.5%) it's dive-bombing again.

When will it stop????

• Like i said before its going to be like this until offers come in. People want to sell but no ones buying so the sell queues get longer but no one can free up money to buy. We just have to accept that until September when things should start to pick up.

• It's a circle mate - we have 1 or 2 a year - I think this one is stinging a lot because in my mind a) COVID remember thats still around and there will be people that really need the cash and b) even though the platform is wanting to attract investments of large quantities of cash - it seems most of the noise is coming from people who 'bet'.

The platform is a 'betting platform' how often do people win on their bets? Whats the % of customer base that wins? So you would think with a customer base of 'betting people' there should be no 'crash'?

• At the rate my port is going I have about 2 weeks before everything I've 'gained' since December disappears!
    But like they say, you don't lose anything until you sell and I'm in this for the long term! :)

• @Black-Wolf said in When are prices going to stop crashing?:

Like i said before its going to be like this until offers come in. People want to sell but no ones buying so the sell queues get longer but no one can free up money to buy. We just have to accept that until September when things should start to pick up.

But apparently people like LP1 (who's a tosser in my opinion for buying practically every top 200 player except mine) are buying lost of shares so shouldn't that be freeing up some of these listed shares?

I don't think the platform can take these drops much longer before it damages the platform and confidence beyond repair!

• I think itll stop when it stops...

Thank me later.

• @Marksandygill said in When are prices going to stop crashing?:

At the rate my port is going I have about 2 weeks before everything I've 'gained' since December disappears!
    But like they say, you don't lose anything until you sell and I'm in this for the long term! :)

I'm the same and at the rate it's dropping I'll give it 2-3 weeks before everything I've gained since joining will disappear. Who would've thought that banks and ISA's would close the gap lmao

• I understand your frustration, but i'm getting really tired of threads like these.

One after the other about ' when will the drop stop'. Like Millerman said, its a cycle. A 'correction' or even a bearish pattern when comparing to traditional stock markets.

Just buckle up, it'll be fine.

• @Erased-Citizen

I think you need to stop looking at your port so much mate!

Am i right in assuming you are checking several times per hour? If so, then that is not going to help.

I am making money on goalkeepers but losing money elsewhere, so am pretty much treading water, like yourself.

The problem will not resolve itself overnight, so stop looking for the solution on an hourly basis.

The platform is in a period of transition. You have only lost money if you sell up and leave.

Ride it out, see it through and within 6 months (but probably far sooner than that) you will be back in profit when the platform is fully functioning and firing on all cylinders!👍

My professional recomendation ... a healthy dose of patience and a handful of prozac! 🤣

• I'm not being a d*ck here but a few weeks ago it was oh you bought a bad bet when the lower end of the market was affected and nobody gave a hoot... now its happening to the top end and fi have done something massively unforgivable.

Just wanted to say that, of course I dont want ANYONE losing money but market is up and down, itll recover the I'll be back struggling but hey ho that's gambling

We will all prosper eventually I'm sure!

• @Meridismo04 said in When are prices going to stop crashing?:

I understand your frustration, but i'm getting really tired of threads like these.

One after the other about ' when will the drop stop'. Like Millerman said, its a cycle. A 'correction' or even a bearish pattern when comparing to traditional stock markets.

Just buckle up, it'll be fine.

But a 'cycle' suggests it will come back around. How frigging big is this cycle?? I'm happy to buckle up and I expect some dips (even in my short time on here I've seen some dips and rises) but the dips are becoming much more frequent now and not being followed by rises but further dips. This one is really concerning and how long do I buckle up for? Until I'm 5% down, 10% down and is there any certainty that will return?

• @Black-Wolf I wonder why AC said “our techies could have sell orders out within a week” yet the market desperately needs them but it’s going to be “6-8 weeks”? Very odd. I’m sure he said it on fig’s pod.

• @johnboywalker I'm not that obsessed, I have got a life and a job lol. I check a couple of times through the day and then maybe half a dozen times through the evening but that's only because of the amount of games being played.

I'm just getting paranoid that people are saying 'it'll be okay' and be 'patient' so that they can get to the exit door first in a race to the bottom.

I guess my real issue is when do you call it a day? Once you're 5% in the red or.......?

I have patience but it is wearing rather thin at the moment lol

• @Erased-Citizen mate its one week since the announcement. If you need the money back ASAP then I feel for you but otherwise just let it run its course. As others have said in 6 months I've no doubt we'll all be back in a far more healthy position.

• And just to add to that when Covid (the biggest global crisis in our lifetimes) my portfolio dropped about 5 grand. I could have sold up but didn't (so many people couldn't get out fast enough) now 4 months later im about 10k above that lowest point.

Sometimes you have to keep your cool when all those around you are losing theirs.

• @Stevo I don't need the money back I'm just concerned I'll never get it back. I've only put in what I can afford and what I'm happy to invest/gamble. The drops and damage to my port has been going on for much longer than since last weeks announcement. It's been dropping for the past 8 weeks or more. In fact apart from a 24hr period a day or so ago, I can't remember the last time I saw the colour green.

• @Mr-Atouba said in When are prices going to stop crashing?:

@Black-Wolf I wonder why AC said “our techies could have sell orders out within a week” yet the market desperately needs them but it’s going to be “6-8 weeks”? Very odd. I’m sure he said it on fig’s pod.

Been thinking that myself. All i can come up with is that he also said Nasdaq would be implemented shortly after. They may realise that without visible depth on the offers side we could see the race to the bottom scenario and without that visible depth you could actually have that affect caused by as few as 2 traders just trying to jump ahead of each other and creating a void behind them

• @johnboywalker @Erased-Citizen Like JB said we are all in the same boat at the moment, every gain by a GK is wiped out by someone else in the port. There is uncertainty within the Index, from a lot of people, but when the transfer market really kicks in, the Germans and French followed by the Premier League, the Spanish and the Italians are all back and people start planning for the Euros things will move. TOTM is an added bonus and will keep the interest and dividends flowing once all the leagues are up and running and no doubt FI will run some sort of incentive for traders to get the market moving. Trust in who you have bought and the reason you have bought. Threads like this will dishearten people and create panic when there is no need. As JB has advised ... stop looking at your port every 5 minutes, in fact don't look again until the football is back properly and you may well be in for a pleasant surprise.

• @Stevo said in When are prices going to stop crashing?:

And just to add to that when Covid (the biggest global crisis in our lifetimes) my portfolio dropped about 5 grand. I could have sold up but didn't (so many people couldn't get out fast enough) now 4 months later im about 10k above that lowest point.

Sometimes you have to keep your cool when all those around you are losing theirs.

Covid hit my port but I didn't panic and the actions of FI saved the platform and my port. However, the hit Covid caused my port is minuscule compared to the recent hits from recent announcements and actions by FI.

We just seem to have shifted from a cycle of drop, rise, drop, rise to drop, drop, drop, drop, rise, drop, drop, drop.

• @Erased-Citizen said in When are prices going to stop crashing?:

I have patience but it is wearing rather thin at the moment lol

Understandable frustration but patience needs to be measured in months, not just hours/days. The real problem currently is a MAJOR liquidity squeeze there are plenty willing buyers, as was shown in the pre announcement boom in prices, but they can't free up funds from existing holds, as buyers (except LP1) are sat on their hands & those with cash funds are being prevented from bidding on lots of players as bid zones are tightened (buyers simply refuse to pay the higher prices). Any funds that are being invested are being thrown at GK's as they are both seen as undervalued & the latest new toy but virtually all those purchases are newly minted by FI, thus draining liquidity further.

Market growth will return once full OB's & the new season arrives, FI may well artificially stimulate it with promotions but it will take time & most likely longer than normal as FI repeatedly keep disappointing existing users & either driving them off the platform entirely or at least making them more cautious about increasing their exposure with repeated incompetent, unprofessional & inept mismanagement of a fundamentally strong product.