Instant Sell

• I feel like i'm late to the party on everything new at the minute - i blame the lockdown...

ive mentioned previously that i havent really tried offloading many players so ive only just discovered that the 'instant sell price' isnt the actual instant sell price. for example i just looked at selling Marcus Edwards...his instant sell price is £1.29 but when i click in it, it says i can sell for 1.35 - ive never noticed this before... did this come in to action when ME was launched?

• IS price is average of (at most) the highest 300 share bid prices. If you sold 1 you would get the highest single share bid price.

You can get a feel for market depth by testing selling different amounts. Hope that makes sense.

All came in when ME hit

• @G27 said in Instant Sell:

I feel like i'm late to the party on everything new at the minute - i blame the lockdown...

ive mentioned previously that i havent really tried offloading many players so ive only just discovered that the 'instant sell price' isnt the actual instant sell price. for example i just looked at selling Marcus Edwards...his instant sell price is £1.29 but when i click in it, it says i can sell for 1.35 - ive never noticed this before... did this come in to action when ME was launched?

Yes, it did. The IS price is the average for 300 shares (if there's 300 shares available). The £1.29 is the highest bid.

• great thanks - unsure how i missed this

• so just to confirm

it says i can sell a maximum of 5 shares at 1.35... i know this is probably obvious but if i sell 5 shares for 1.35...and then tried to sell a further 5, im guessing my offer price would no longer be at 1.35 is that correct?

• @G27 yes mate that is correct. If you toggle up on the price you'll be able to see how much each lot of shares are worth.

• @G27 i.e there might be 5 @ £1.35, then 10 @ £1.34, 7 @ £1.33 , and then the rest at the actual Instant Sell price (£1.29).

• brillant thanks, just did a few tests on Kovacic... ME is finally making sense to me