Squad player summer transfer gains

• Hi guys, I’ve got a few players around the 70-80p mark who will no doubt leave their clubs this summer with some maybe going WC. I can see their value going up. But with so much talk of ‘this player moving, that player moving’ and some of these are pretty cheap, I was wondering where you see the gain? I’ve seen players who will move but they won’t be eligible for MB etc. Considering potential dividends drive the market, do some of you buy them in the hope they’ll go into the top 200 and be eligible for MB? Do you buy hoping that, with the teams they’re rumoured to join, they might get higher PB? Or do you buy, hope there’ll be a lot of news about them (even if not MB eligible) which therefore means price rise and you get out on a profit? Understand if people don’t want to give away tactics too much, but as I haven’t been here long, just trying to see where potential gains are. E.g - 60p midfielder in Ligue 1, rumoured to Italy and no WC.
    Might be obvious answers that haven’t crossed my mind but while there are multiple players potentially moving, I’m unsure how the value would go up that much if there’s No WC, no PL rumours, no MB etc. Any light you can shed?
    Thanks 👍

• if your tactic is to sign simply players that will move (in the hope that value rises just before they move) I think that is slightly risky as moving from Burnley to Watford for example won't create that much buzz..... The significant fact could also be 'when' the deal is done?? For example a West Brom defender leaves the Hawthorns on the same day that England win the world cup? Or more realistically when someone like Griezman moves to Manchester United or Chelsea... Then what news coverage would they get???

I would only really opt for players leaving this summer to better clubs... Jonny Evans is a good example perhaps... or James Maddison at Norwich... I wouldn't however be looking for players that are out of contract perhaps moving down in teams but the markets work in funny ways so as mentioned timing could be key??? If there's no news that day for example... Banik Afobe from Bournemouth to Swansea could be top media buzz??? Although as you say... If there price isn't 1.50 or above they won't get ANY media attention at all!

• To an extent its self fulfilling. People think people moving will rise so buy them which in turn creates the rise.

Logically it doesnt make any sense. But thats the way it goes.

Its like the much pumped bamba. A move wont generate media and he is less likely to win pb if he moves so logically his price should drop as he is less valuable. But people will probably buy him so he will rise.

It doesnt really make sense but sometimes best to play along.

• Was just about to write what Mike has put above. It's just one of the quirks of the market, and since we know it's going to happen there is money to be made there. But yeah, it does make it more difficult to know when to get out: if a player's price rise isn't logical in the first place, how do you judge whether they are going to keep rising? That's a tough one to answer. Probably possible to get some kind of feel for it through experience, but ultimately each case will be somewhat different and you'll need a bit of luck to sell up at the top of the peak.

• I know its not transfers but ings is another example. He bounced 30p off the back of it being announced he would play.

That is utterly illogical... he couldnt win media and had a very low chance of winning pb and would probably drop after .... its the same thing , people thought he shoukd rise so he did. People who bought at 75p and sold at 85p will have bought something overpriced but still made money.

Ive said it before .... there is nothing wrong with buying something worth 30p for 60p if you can sell it for 90p.

Getting out at right time is essential though ...

• Yeah well that seems to be what I was thinking with the whole ‘people will buy him anyway and his price will go up’. I just wasn’t sure if that was the case or whether there was more to it. Seems it is just how the FI market works I suppose. Goes back to Zlatan and how, there wasn’t a reason to buy him because not eligible for PB or MB and yet his price rose (maybe WC but still). Like you said, there’s money to be made, and it’s been interesting to see how it all works out. Like I said, just wasn’t sure if there was more to it. Funny ol’ place! And absolutely, there’s a load of inflated prices but doesn’t mean they still won’t increase. Seen you mention that before @mike778 and agreed with it then too!

• @dannypea said in Squad player summer transfer gains:

if your tactic is to sign simply players that will move (in the hope that value rises just before they move) I think that is slightly risky as moving from Burnley to Watford for example won't create that much buzz..... The significant fact could also be 'when' the deal is done?? For example a West Brom defender leaves the Hawthorns on the same day that England win the world cup? Or more realistically when someone like Griezman moves to Manchester United or Chelsea... Then what news coverage would they get???

I would only really opt for players leaving this summer to better clubs... Jonny Evans is a good example perhaps... or James Maddison at Norwich... I wouldn't however be looking for players that are out of contract perhaps moving down in teams but the markets work in funny ways so as mentioned timing could be key??? If there's no news that day for example... Banik Afobe from Bournemouth to Swansea could be top media buzz??? Although as you say... If there price isn't 1.50 or above they won't get ANY media attention at all!

%100 agree ponies buying someone thats going to move like for like. this is why i have been banging on about free transfers, they will definitely move and to a better club, or they would have already signed a new contract, if you pick the right players is a very good tactic, low risk high reward, all the good players that will get relegated they will also get snapped up but better teams

• I stick with squad players who I think are class and they are the onesi have most futures in and they are the one who are keeping me in profit kenedy has been my main one brought at 86 and now up about 30p and I only been on here 3 weeks

• @mike778 said in Squad player summer transfer gains:

I know its not transfers but ings is another example. He bounced 30p off the back of it being announced he would play.

That is utterly illogical... he couldnt win media and had a very low chance of winning pb and would probably drop after .... its the same thing , people thought he shoukd rise so he did. People who bought at 75p and sold at 85p will have bought something overpriced but still made money.

Ive said it before .... there is nothing wrong with buying something worth 30p for 60p if you can sell it for 90p.

Getting out at right time is essential though ...

%100 agee mate and i know we haven't always in the past but thats irrelevant, people on the index always buy into not sure best way to put it, but pointless irrelevant short term news, like ibra ibrahimovic probably the best example i dont need to go into break down, or another good exile bit a bit different, Tops tip today (not saying it was bad or good thats irrelevant to my point ) the guy rose 18p on the back of Tom tipping him to be in for a good chance of PB tonight, rough math this i a ball part figure, he has a 1/20 chance of winning 4p maybe 6p yet people have bought in at 18p in last 24hrs, wheres the logic (unless am missing a transfer rumour,) so at any point you both in and have had a 6p raise that is more than what you could win on PB, that he will probable not win, why in a million years would you not sell sell sell. maybe that was semi off topic apologies if so.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.