Who to sell

• trying to generate some funds i guess to chhange port around

i can sell for a bit of a hit on a few players and still make profit on them. need to pick 2 players to sell from this bunch...any thoughts on who to keep/sell?

David Neres
    Patson Daka
    Josip Brekalo
    Tim Weah
    Myron Boadu
    Johnathan Ikone
    Theo Hernandez

any thoughts appreciated

• @G27 none.

• no opinion or dont sell any?

• @G27 All depends what you can sell for in comparison to what price you value them.
    The price means more than the player.

• I don’t think I’d be selling anyone at the moment unless you’re certain you can make the funds work for you in the short term elsewhere.

If you’re set on selling the Daka is the one on the list that jumps out. Quality player but his price has a transfer built in. He may well get that this summer but if he stays for another year you could probably pick him up at a discount. With Hee-chan going to Leipzig, Salzburg my hang onto him for next season.

• @Mr-Atouba

i guess these are the guys ive picked out who are in a fairly similar bracket - i stand to make an overall profit on all of them somewhere between £40-£80. obviously not as much as if i was able to market sell but i feel i can make back the difference (£30-£40 in most cases)

• @G27 don't sell any. The one I am least convinced of is Ikone, but a prem transfer and he is increasing.

The only thing anyone should be doing when the market is selling, is buying

• I would definitely hang on to Theo Hernandez, good player and young.

• i kind of feel like all of them have something going for them

David Neres - europe next year - transfer talk
    Patson Daka - europe next year
    Josip Brekalo - europe next year - possible euros - transfer talk
    Tim Weah - europe next year
    Myron Boadu - europe next year - possible euros - transfer talk
    Johnathan Ikone - europe next year - possible france euros - transfer talk
    Theo Hernandez - possible france euros

out of all them my order for selling would be something like

1. Weah
    2. Neres
    3. Daka
    4. Brekalo
    5. Ikone
    6. Boadu
    7. Hernandez

• @G27

I own Brekalo, Weah and Hernandez on that list.. I am confident in all 3 as holds for the next 12 months (but only Hernadez in terms of div potential, which is really what should drive price but often doesn't).

Daka and Boadu are inflated but they have a lot of potential upside if you are willing to take the risk (I have bought several non pb players on ME, I am willing to take the risk - but not in the large number of share holds that I am accustomed to)...

Ikone is a weird one. Plays for a top team, made the France squad, lots of links - but - his PB has been consistently poor... Hard one to make a call on

• Tim weah is not very good he goes easily.

• i wouldnt IS any of them... but if desperate to sell and mind made up, why not list them all to market and see if any go?

Ive shifted a few players on the market. Dont know how...but see my market sales thread, think im the only one bothering to try on some players.

• @Westy

This is a good shout, I’ve been put off as had oxlade chamberlain on market sell for 2+ months along with Sebastian Szymanski

• I'd list the whole lot to market. You might get lucky and have someone snap them up. You could almost certainly re-buy them using the ME at a lower price if you start to get sellers regret. This would have the added advantage of resetting their three year period and letting you get IPD for the last few weeks of the season.

• @GDS said in Who to sell:

I'd list the whole lot to market. You might get lucky and have someone snap them up. You could almost certainly re-buy them using the ME at a lower price if you start to get sellers regret. This would have the added advantage of resetting their three year period and letting you get IPD for the last few weeks of the season.

Yeh exactly everyone should have their whole port listed pretty much at the moment especially with market makers doing lucky dips, earn divs still and if they sell you can rebuy cheaper and get ipd window and reset the 3year clock

• @Westy I've got my entire £12K portfolio listed. Assuming some sells I'll cash out some of it and use the rest to rebuy using the ME.

• @GDS I've got 160 odd listed

22 safe, 16 of those are keepers though!

But I would rebuy quite a few if they did sell.