I'll say one thing about the recent chaos.......

• I've been on FI since Feb 2017, since the introduction of the ME I've probably made and and read more posts than I had in the entire 3 and a bit years combined. So if nothing else it's been good for engagement and getting to know some of the other people on here.

• @GDS said in I'll say one thing about the recent chaos.......:

I've been on FI since Feb 2017, since the introduction of the ME I've probably made and and read more posts than I had in the entire 3 and a bit years combined. So if nothing else it's been good for engagement and getting to know some of the other people on here.

3+ years 🤯 ... and you never once ventured down to the local for a pint? 🍺

You have been missing out on laughs, lunacy and lots of money saving tips. Anyhoos, yer here now ...

Welcome to the club/pub!👍

• The forum also works in cycles just like the market. I joined FI in April 2018, discovered the forum maybe June 2019... I have seen a lot of market cycles and the forum cycles follow behind with a close lag (like the economy and property cycles work in sync with a lag).

You only have to look back a few weeks and everyone was full of optimism with the div announcement on the horizon.

As soon as sentiment in the market swings it shifts onto the forum. People are nervous about all of the adjustments and movements (justifiably), and the type of posts we see reflect this. Seen it many times before and will see it many times again....

I had a conversation with my best mate on whatsapp last night. He is worried as everyone on social media is worried. My only advice to him was stop using twitter and use the forum instead.

• @Baydog said in I'll say one thing about the recent chaos.......:

My only advice to him was stop using twitter

Good advice for most people there.