Technical analysis

• I've recently been using a platform which allows me to use technical analysis to determine my buy, sells and holds. I used to trade FX and now work at a family-office hedge fund, so i'm very much into this kind of stuff.

Anyway, thought i'd share with anyone who's keen on getting their hands dirty with it...especially those who understand the trends and how to read the graphs.

Funadementals- like age, team, position, PB/MB potential will drive probably 60-70% of my decision making, but now this has, and will help in making sure i buy at the right price, and don't get burnt on the way down.

See below.
    0_1594975266720_upload-65b38736-ffbf-4d3a-a879-495e2b011f2a

Above, the MA theory. 7 day MA crossed the 40 day MA on the 22nd of May. There was also a fairly bullish pattern, with strong buying momentum seen with the blue candlesticks. Despite a lagging indicator, buying in at £6.96 on the 24th May, after i see the cross, would have been a well-timed buy. His price on 1 June rose to £7.58.

Reason i'm sharing is because i've been wanting something like this for some time, and maybe there are many out there who also may want to incorporate this into the trading strategy.

Especially after the NASDAQ implementation, where players will be more liquid and prices more volatile. There's a lot of money to be made, and to be lost! Your moves need to be smarter.

The MA theory, along with others of course, are fairly easy to understand. Do your research, it can make things much more exciting for you by combining both the technical and fundamental.

Anyway, a different kind of post but at least it's not anything to do with negative market sentitment. ;)

Oh yes, Index Price Alerts is the platform. It's all over twitter tbf.

• @Meridismo04 Thanks for sharing. Looks great. I'll definitely be taking a closer look at this.

• Would people like to see me carry out this kind of analysis once per week on one player. I'll look at only the top 10, analyse them thoroughly and provide people with an understanding of where their price could be heading?

Would set up another thread for this, and update on a weekly basis.

Let me know people!

• @Meridismo04 this is something I'd love to learn more about, would you consider doing a YouTube video that explains it from a basic level perhaps?

• I have to admit I don't really know what I am looking at - but there can never be too much analysis out there... I don't have Twitter and I have never used any external sites for info - so anything that lands on the forum to help out is much obliged!

• Thank You for this information..

Was only thinking about this type of site this morning..Just signed up

• @Baydog said in Technical analysis:

I have to admit I don't really know what I am looking at - but there can never be too much analysis out there... I don't have Twitter and I have never used any external sites for info - so anything that lands on the forum to help out is much obliged!

It's basically just a zoomed in graph, time stamped every hour (or whatever the interval you set) and averaged, so that you can see the fluctuations of a player closer, then you look for specific patterns to help buy at the right time and sell at the right time.

It can be super effective... it can also go terribly wrong but the idea is that it goes right more often than wrong.

• @Meridismo04 said in Technical analysis:

Index Price Alerts

Thanks for this, it's exactly what I've been wanting to see for some time, I was even considering making it at one point.

• @Meridismo04go on YouTube and look for bullish bear candle sticks. It about stocks and share but same princible