What would be your ideal Premier League?

• So Leeds are back in the big time, I think they're a great addition to the Premier League, big club, big city, got history, some good rivalries. All in all great to have them back. It got me thinking though, what would be your ideal Premier League? If you could pick any 20 English (and Welsh I suppose) Teams to go into a Super Premier League who would they be and why.

I've picked mine based on a combination of history, rivalries, geography and personal preference.

Arsenal
    Tottenham
    Chelsea
    West Ham
    London is massive and needs a few teams, these are the four I think are the biggest teams in London. Plus you get the North London Derby

Liverpool
    Everton
    Manchester Utd
    Manchester City
    Two more big cities with big rivalries.

Leeds - As above, got to have them
    Sheff Wednesday
    Sheff Utd - 3 Yorkshire Clubs, two from Sheffield to get the Steel City Derby. Leeds have plenty of rivals as well.

Aston Villa
    Birmingham City
    Wolves - 3 Clubs for the West Midlands. Birmingham City are lucky to get in but Birmingham is the UK's second biggest city so from a financial and support perspective they squeak in.

Sunderland
    Newcastle - A footballing hotbed and another Derby. Both currently badly run but with massive potential.

Southampton - Probably need some south coast interest and if I have to pick one it will be the one Le Tissier played for.

Leicester
    Derby
    Nottingham Forest - Some representation for East Midlands. Leicester are Premier League winners so have to be in. Forest have the European Cups. Derby get in because I went back through the list and only had 19 teams and struggled to think of anyone better.

Any one else want a go?

• Ipswich?
    Decent sized club - one of a select group of English clubs to have won a European trophy

Blackburn
    Probably have to be in there because they are one of the few teams who have actually won it!

I'd probably drop out Birmingham City & Sheffield United or Derby πŸ€”

Edit: Probably Derby.

Sheffield being the founders of football & the original football club earns them the last spot

• Arsenal
    Tottenham
    QPR
    Chelsea
    Fulham
    Man Utd
    Man City
    Liverpool
    Everton
    Leicester
    Notts Forest
    Leeds
    Newcastle
    Derby
    Wolves
    Birmingham City
    West Brom
    Southampton
    Ipswich
    Brighton

• @OneBigHoliday QPR, Fulham & Brighton very surprising picks 😐

• My reasoning is 12 English clubs have won a European trophy πŸ† so being successful in Europe automatically gets you into the elite top fantasy league bracket

So Manchester United, Man City, Liverpool, Everton, Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea, West Ham, Villa, Forest, Newcastle & Ipswich are all in the hat.

Leicester & Blackburn have actually won the PL so that's another 2 teams added to the mix taking my tally to 14.

Sheffield FC are the oldest football club in the world so for historical purposes gain entry & with United being older than Wednesday make up the 15th spot.

The last 5 spots are debatable but I'll go for:-

1. Leeds
    2. Wolves
    3. Sunderland
    4. Sheffield Wednesday
    5. Derby/Southampton 🀣

I keep trying to dump Derby but they keep creeping back into contention for what they did in the 70s under Clough πŸ™ˆ

• @Ericali QPR were a staple of the old 1st Div.. had some great players over the yrs.. not North London either...& good kit.Fulham I ummed & arghed but sneak in...but if a glamour club & big potential.Brighton again debatable but Southern & Coastal club.

• @OneBigHoliday fair enough.

It's your opinion - I don't agree with it, but that's what you think. πŸ‘Œ

QPR were a stable top flight club when I was growing up with Ferdinand, Impey, Sinclair, Wilkins etc. but I can't see them any bigger than Crystal Palace., Fulham or possibly Charlton.

• This is great

• @OneBigHoliday

You appear to have selected a lot of midlands clubs there which is good, but missed the biggest one of them all.

• @Advinculas-Index boing, boing - the baggies! πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‚

• @Ericali said in What would be your ideal Premier League?:

@Advinculas-Index boing, boing - the baggies! πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‚

Hes got them in there. I refer of course to Burton Albion

• @GDS you also picked 21 sides on your OP πŸ˜‚

• @Ericali Have I? I don't know if I'm just tired as I've only just got home from work but even now I can only count 20.

Great picks, I seriously thought about Ipswich because of their European history and because it gave East Anglia a team but my Mum's from Norwich and she'd never forgive me!

• @Ericali Also Blackburn ahead of Derby is a good shout. Should probably have them in even if they are a bit rubbish now.

• @OneBigHoliday Wow Birmingham City ahead of Villa and no one from the North East? Controversial!

• ba1a8079-57e6-4824-80cf-2a5367d3dda4-image.png

• @GDS Newcastle are listed...Birmingham 2nd City.. big potential.. as can be said of many others that didn’t make the cut.

Villa/West Ham have been mediocre at best for years in the Prem & have yo-yo Ed.

Sunderland/Middlesbrough are just meh. Obviously just my opinion... Sheff Wed again big club.. but as we speak today don’t make it for me.

• @OneBigHoliday

Totally didn't spot Newcastle, that's what happens when you look at the forum late at night. Totally agree West Ham have been mediocre for years but they did win the World Cup in '66 single handedly. At least that's what the West Ham Fan I work with constantly tells me!

• @GDS your work colleague is correct.