Why Isn't The TOTM Webpage Fully Automated?

• Seriously, they have a database... it's not difficult to query the database to find the top 3 scores from every player in a calendar month and then update the page live. All fully automated, no human interaction needed once set up is complete.

It's an hours work, maybe a morning depending on the devs experience levels, so why the hell haven't they sorted it?

One of the upsides of TOTM for traders, is that the table serves as a form of advertising for players... but with the scores being incorrect, there could easily be players on that webpage who are no longer in TOTM.

Antonio's goal yesterday puts his score at 635... he's listed as 602... it's just bad info.

• I struggle with two things on here

Adam Cole's impression of Ellon Musk when sending out social postings and the amount of errors and amateurish performance when it comes to IT.

Whilst placing bids, as soon as I agree the amount via laptop, it now defaults to 300.

• Haha yeah I just bid maximum and ot tried to make me buy 300 shares!😁
    I imagine they rushed the TOTM and eventually it will be updated automatically on the app and Web page!
    Just looks amateurish when it wasn't done and waiting for the announcement!!

• Agree. FI is great, but under Adam Cole it seems to be papering over some very basic cracks and is trying to mask some clear and consistent failings - The IT is shockingly bad for the amount of money people are handing over to FI. TOTM is the perfect example - A live leaderboard is probably a day or twos work tops to sort out and create, and will absolutely drive sales to those players, yet here we are!

In a thread a few weeks back someone said Adam was ideal for starting this off and inspiring it to get this far, but i think the platform might have outgrown his leadership now, and with nasdaq involved and liquidity companies and ever increasing sums of money from customers, i think a steadier more experienced and more professional hand is needed - Not right away, but there needs to be some succession planning discussed swiftly i think.

• Very simple. If you're going to add something new, make sure it's working right from the onset.

I love FI, but their technology is an area for serious improvement.

• @Dan-The-Man

Sorry and can I add Marcelo - Real Madrid is top of the media because all the stories are going with Marcelo Biesla leading Leeds to promotion...

• @Meridismo04 said in Why Isn't The TOTM Webpage Fully Automated?:

Very simple. If you're going to add something new, make sure it's working right from the onset.

I love FI, but their technology is an area for serious improvement.

It's like they thought about TOTM, the night before they announced it.

It's a brilliant concept and if they can just iron out these issues, happy times ahead.

• @Dan-The-Man I see your point, but there is part of me that wonders how much FI should hold our hands on this. I'm not sure they should even publish the live TOTM as it takes away an advantage we could have over others by doing our own research. Don't get me wrong, I do minimal research on PB scores so the fact they are doing this is good for me but I'm not sure I deserve that help really. If someone puts in more time than me, I'm happy for them to be rewarded accordingly. (I know you like your research so suspect you would be one that benefited from FI not doing this).

Regardless of the merits or otherwise though, if they publish this/any data or stats, it's basic requirement no. 1 that it's correct.

• @Mintyfresh said in Why Isn't The TOTM Webpage Fully Automated?:

@Dan-The-Man there is part of me that wonders how much FI should hold our hands on this. I'm not sure they should even publish the live TOTM as it takes away an advantage we could have over others by doing our own research.

I can certainly see where you're coming from with that but one of the biggest bonuses we get from TOTM is the discoverability boost to PB players.

It's all well and good me knowing Willian is leading the table but if I'm the only one who knows, his price won't rise at the rate it could. Putting it on it's own website is already hiding it too much in my view.

Imagine if the there was a splash screen every time you fired the app up and on that splash screen it showed you the current TOTM... that would basically be an advert for those players hitting every trader, every time they log in.

There's a lot of fun to be had with leaderboards too. One of the true joys of FI, is when you have a player climbing up the PB leaderboard on match day. It's more exciting than watching the game. I think that excitement extends to TOTM too, especially as the month draws to a close.

• @Dan-The-Man It does have a very clear "Last Updated" time and date but it is disappointing that it gets updated relatively infrequently. As the OPTA data can change, I don't think it should be a live page though to avoid confusion!

• @FootballArgos said in Why Isn't The TOTM Webpage Fully Automated?:

@Dan-The-Man It does have a very clear "Last Updated" time and date but it is disappointing that it gets updated relatively infrequently. As the OPTA data can change, I don't think it should be a live page though to avoid confusion!

Not sure there'd be confusion mate... just accurate up to date info at all times, rather than what we have now... which is a graphic that states "Current Standings"... which when clicked through gives you a disclaimer that it's not actually the current standings...

0_1595094696001_Screen Shot 2020-07-18 at 18.49.42.png

• A whole weekends worth of fixtures without an update and the cut off point is tomorrow night...

• Really annoying

• Off the top of my head I think it's the following after last night;
    Gollini

Ramos
    Mario Rui/Sergi Roberto

De Paul
    Hakan
    Silva
    Antonio

Willian
    Messi
    Sanchez

But yes, it's bloody annoying, smells like they made it up the day before they announced it...:)

• @ Marksandygill
    thanks

• @Dan-The-Man hey, it wouldn't be "accurate" as the scores regularly change post-game - often with considerable significance in terms of the standings, which is bound to cause frustration and confusion. I definitely agree that it should be updated more often however, even though I'm getting some tweets disagreeing!

• @FootballArgos said in Why Isn't The TOTM Webpage Fully Automated?:

@Dan-The-Man hey, it wouldn't be "accurate" as the scores regularly change post-game - often with considerable significance in terms of the standings, which is bound to cause frustration and confusion. I definitely agree that it should be updated more often however, even though I'm getting some tweets disagreeing!

It would automatically update when those numbers updated though... So it would always be as accurate as the PB on the website is.

• The issue I can see with this is when is the last time the table will be updated before the cutoff on the 21st, what if the 21st was a Saturday with 30 games and it wasn't updated before midnight?

The whole point is for this to drive sales in the players on the TOTM leader board, how is it meant to do that if people don't know who to buy?!