Fall prices in all big players?

• I'm still relatively new to this. Just wondering why all big players are going down in price. I'm not panicking as I'm sure they'll all go back up. Was just wondering why this may be. Hopefully someone more experienced has seen this at this point of season and can answer accordingly? Thanks.

• I'm new to I put it down to end of season

• I'd be interested to hear more views on this too. What are the main factors in the drops do you think ? And what will be main factors in them rising again ?

How much impact do you see a range of factors such as : trader meet, CL, WC, end of season, treble MB days, having on prices in the near future?
    Transfer spec is clearly boosting prices now but will this be the main factor ?

• I see Salah dropped again this morning, treble day, Liverpool @ home to Roma, makes no sense to me at all that.

• I think a lot of people are just bottling it and getting out early incase liverpool and/or real madrid lose 1st leg and people start panick selling both salah and ronaldo. I own both and im going to hold both as they return dividends for MB. Should be consistent income over the summer with treble media.

• Seems odd that the big guns are dropping with lots of triple MB days and the World Cup on the horizon.

I'm using the price fall to top-up on a few extra shares here and there.

• I'm thinking FI are price adjusting ahead of the WC... I'm already hearing of share splits so maybe they don't want their star assets to be too high prior to all these advertising campaigns... My argument is if those at the top drive the prices what happens to the rest??? Will this funnel down to those lower down the list or will folk see opportunity in the higher priced players dropping??? Surely if Mo Salah wins MB every day this week for example his price can't keep falling????

• My profile has been going up not down, all about low risk high reward

• @SMacFI

So you say.

• @ocs123 said in Fall prices in all big players?:

@SMacFI

So you say.

bless

• @SMacFI

Have you sold your Luka Jovic shares yet? 93p based on hope and false promotion. He'll be 60-70p by the end of the Summer.

• @ocs123 Am guessing, this is why your clearly hard in the red, as you, go against everything I say and I know am well in the green, life really is a funny old thing at times. Just drop me a PM i will square you away with a few decent shouts, i know it can be a little embarrassing asking for help, but no need to feel ashamed, thats what the form is here for. Will give you one top tip, spend a little less time hatting, you will have more time to research.

• @ChintzyMoon I think traders will start investing in him near the end of the match rather than before....Roma are a tough side to dominate in the CL this year and even Salah may struggle to get PB points.....but we will see what happens !!

• @NewUser123670 said in Fall prices in all big players?:

I'm still relatively new to this. Just wondering why all big players are going down in price. I'm not panicking as I'm sure they'll all go back up. Was just wondering why this may be. Hopefully someone more experienced has seen this at this point of season and can answer accordingly? Thanks.

You've been a bit unlucky with timing. The big players have seen consistent growth for the last six months as they've all been competing for regular performance buzz and media buzz that has been based around on their abilities on the pitch.

Now we've hit the end of the season someone like Messi is dropping because he's got fewer PB chances for the next four months, and realistically his MB returns will dry up as the papers start chasing transfer stories instead. (Unless of course he leads Argentina to a WC victory and then completes a mega transfer to Real Madrid).

So it makes sense for traders to release some cash and put it elsewhere for crazy season that is ahead. But as the 2018/19 season kicks off again you'll see money returning to the safe bets. If you have a long term strategy don't worry about small drops for now.

• Thank you @playingcards1 for bringing some reasoned analysis to proceedings! This forum had been starting to feel like what I imagine the FI Facebook group must be like ...
    The drops in the top players are part of a pretty natural market cycle given that their prices had all increased greatly in prior months due to a combination of their general good chances of winning PB, the added attraction of triple PB for those in the latter stages of European competition, the potential for World Cup PB dividends and the fact that they had dominated media buzz for much of 2018 thus far. As pointed out above, the league season and those CL/EL competitions are now coming to an end, the WC dividends on offer are there, but unspectacular, and while they are sure to be challenging for (sometimes triple) media dividends in the coming weeks, those prizes are likely to be somewhat more spread out with transfer rumours around various other (cheaper) players building. Also, as some have pointed out, some traders may have taken some cash out to reinvest and claim the trader meet bonus. No way of knowing how big a factor that is at the moment.

What it is very unlikely to be down to is Football Index actively reducing prices to "attract new users", because even if it's legal (not sure on that) it would be hugely dishonest, bad for their business model and potentially fatal for the whole concept if it came out. If they wanted to reduce prices it would make way more sense to just do a share split (especially since there is a precedent for this).

These top-price players will likely rise again, before the World Cup I'd say. Whether they get back to the highs they were at probably depends how many new users come in, and of course how many dividends these top players get back to winning. Certainly by the time the new season comes around they will look like a very attractive investment if they are anywhere near the prices they are now.

• @NewUser123670 Apparently it is also partly to do with the trader meet on May 3rd. Historically a lot of profits gave been withdrawn by the top traders so they can deposit at the meets where they get bonuses for doing so I believe. Anyone let me know if I'm wrong. But FI released a graph a few days ago showing this trend. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

• @AndyP32 said in Fall prices in all big players?:

@ChintzyMoon I think traders will start investing in him near the end of the match rather than before....Roma are a tough side to dominate in the CL this year and even Salah may struggle to get PB points.....but we will see what happens !!

Yeah you are probably right mate but he ran away with mb yesterday due to POTY and its the same again today, not sure whats to gain if people are pulling out today, money to be made on him surely regardless of how Roma will fair at Anfield. Personally i think Liverpool can rip anyone apart ESPECIALLY at Anfield. Just seems like madness, if they get pumped 0-3 then yeah ok..

• Yeah FI brought out a graph that showed a dip before a big boom at the last two trader meets. I was active for the last one and can tell u from experience that I saw a huge boom after the last trader meet, based on that I'd use this time to top up on anyone who's price has dropped. Have some patience with the big names

• @ChintzyMoon said in Fall prices in all big players?:

@AndyP32 said in Fall prices in all big players?:

@ChintzyMoon I think traders will start investing in him near the end of the match rather than before....Roma are a tough side to dominate in the CL this year and even Salah may struggle to get PB points.....but we will see what happens !!

Yeah you are probably right mate but he ran away with mb yesterday due to POTY and its the same again today, not sure whats to gain if people are pulling out today, money to be made on him surely regardless of how Roma will fair at Anfield. Personally i think Liverpool can rip anyone apart ESPECIALLY at Anfield. Just seems like madness, if they get pumped 0-3 then yeah ok..

It's risk aversion no? If they get pumped 3-0 then Salah will play perhaps another 7 PB eligible games between now and late August (assuming Egypt get knocked out in the group stages). If they batter Roma he will play 8 games. There will be about the same limited amount of media buzz once the season wraps up, as papers move on to England players and transfer rumours. I understand people wanting to lock in profits at £9+ rather than try to squeeze out another 50p of dividends.

• @BL__FI said in Fall prices in all big players?:

Thank you @playingcards1 for bringing some reasoned analysis to proceedings! This forum had been starting to feel like what I imagine the FI Facebook group must be like ...
    The drops in the top players are part of a pretty natural market cycle given that their prices had all increased greatly in prior months due to a combination of their general good chances of winning PB, the added attraction of triple PB for those in the latter stages of European competition, the potential for World Cup PB dividends and the fact that they had dominated media buzz for much of 2018 thus far. As pointed out above, the league season and those CL/EL competitions are now coming to an end, the WC dividends on offer are there, but unspectacular, and while they are sure to be challenging for (sometimes triple) media dividends in the coming weeks, those prizes are likely to be somewhat more spread out with transfer rumours around various other (cheaper) players building. Also, as some have pointed out, some traders may have taken some cash out to reinvest and claim the trader meet bonus. No way of knowing how big a factor that is at the moment.

What it is very unlikely to be down to is Football Index actively reducing prices to "attract new users", because even if it's legal (not sure on that) it would be hugely dishonest, bad for their business model and potentially fatal for the whole concept if it came out. If they wanted to reduce prices it would make way more sense to just do a share split (especially since there is a precedent for this).

These top-price players will likely rise again, before the World Cup I'd say. Whether they get back to the highs they were at probably depends how many new users come in, and of course how many dividends these top players get back to winning. Certainly by the time the new season comes around they will look like a very attractive investment if they are anywhere near the prices they are now.

Haha it's funny you say that and come across all all righteous and sensible in here when you were one of the ones trollling me on twitter with behvour and the kind of talk you wouldn't dare post in here so everyone seen your true colours if you want to play that game. But that's by the by. Bottom line is if you don't have a diverse portfilo and not willing to change your strategy with the trends and all sit on high value players you are going to have take hard times like this simple as. Know you guys with your high value players can't stand any negative news about your stratatagy. But it's the simple truth and threads like this only make it worse for your self as it does nothing by highlighting the dangours of high value high risk statagy. Happy trading

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.