Everyone scratching there heads πŸ€”

• How weird... nobody is buying, players are struggling to sell, this is a weird time for the index and its members, the daily FOOTIE is struggling, how long will it stay like this?

• Yea very slow right now - the platform always flattens at this point of a season, other obvious factors are amplifying the flat period.

I'd brace yourself for a few weeks, maybe a month like this - FI always have promotions/market enhancers up their sleeves but now is never going to be the best time to use them.

• @Dav said in Everyone scratching there heads πŸ€”:

How weird... nobody is buying, players are struggling to sell, this is a weird time for the index and its members, the daily FOOTIE is struggling, how long will it stay like this?

Yep. Traders not happy with FI. I made a bid for Hateboer for 40p and it took 2 hours before it was accepted a few minutes ago. The IS was 34p.

• @Londoner

Hateboers gonna Hateboers
    alt text

• @Advinculas-Index said in Everyone scratching there heads πŸ€”:

@Londoner

Hateboers gonna Hateboers
    alt text

Ha ha. Is that your cousin watching the moonwalker?

• @Londoner

I see a lot of weird goings on when i look out across the fields from Advincula towers (especially on a Friday or Saturday evening for some reason)
    some of which have a great influence on my trading strategies

• Yep pay day tomorrow and normally I'd be looking to invest but currently i just cant motivate myself to put money in.

• I was wondering last night that because people can no longer lump their credit card balances on here (I know it’s irresponsible and wouldn’t have done it) but is that affecting the amount of money coming in perhaps? Maybe FI need some more small one off promotions to keep things ticking along in these times.

• @Advinculas-Index Not sure you should base your port on this
    0_1595275895118_upload-d3a93716-c631-4540-a19d-413b7c299227

• Seems a bit of a stand off; buyers reluctant to pay market value but sellers not prepared to sell for less. Had a couple of bids sat around for over a week now not being touched, even though they were above the IS value the whole time. At some point I suspect more people will start accepting some of these bids and things might start moving again, but for now, people seem happy to wait until the sell side of the ME goes live.

• @Munchie63

More like this at the moment

alt text

• I'm assuming it's just because seasons are ending now. The lull will only be till the Media monitor adjustment announcement, which will cause some port restructuring I would suspect. Then we'll have the champions league in August. Things will be great again soon, but that 0-0 game between Brighton and Newcastle just reflected the mood on FI. End of season petering out. Absolutely nothing to worry about

• @ScouseSte said in Everyone scratching there heads πŸ€”:

I'm assuming it's just because seasons are ending now. The lull will only be till the Media monitor adjustment announcement, which will cause some port restructuring I would suspect. Then we'll have the champions league in August. Things will be great again soon, but that 0-0 game between Brighton and Newcastle just reflected the mood on FI. End of season petering out. Absolutely nothing to worry about

Surely the removal of IS followed by a disappointing dividend review are two major factors behind the current lull. Yes there is often a lull around this time but let's not kid ourselves that all is otherwise rosy.

I do hope you are right that 'things will be great again soon' but I think the ball remains in FI's court in terms of progressing their road map. At the moment it feels like we have stalled at the traffic lights while having to reboot the satnav.

• @Hotspur

Only Nautical based analogies are accepted around these parts

• @Hotspur

Personally I think traders are becoming too needy now. Not you personally mate but just in general.

On the one hand we've got traders who have massive issues with FI interfering constantly and changing the terms of our bets, yet now we've got lots of traders pleading with FI to "do something" about the recent flat market.

I think this highlights a massive problem, caused by FI initially with their regular interference but now exacerbated by traders - there is still football on every day, with an exciting new TOTM dividend in play, plus champions league Gold days coming soon....yet people are crying out for FI to say or do something to artificially stimulate the market. It shouldn't be necessary but this is what FI is becoming, more than ever:

"Trade in virtual shares of football players, earning money in dividends and capital appreciation if the bookmaker puts out a tweet or announces an announcement"

• @ScouseSte the problem is FI have done things to cause the flat market - removing IS, introducing a lopsided ME, hyping up a dividend increase etc which have led to the current stagnation. So obviously everyone is now wondering what and when they are going to do to rectify the situation. Unless the market makers start livening up, I can't see any rockets on the horizon. Even LP1 seems to have run out of fuel.

I want to be more positive and say 'everything will be great' like you but just not feeling it. I am de-risking and playing with profits only again until my confidence in FI returns.

• @Hotspur said in Everyone scratching there heads πŸ€”:

@ScouseSte the problem is FI have done things to cause the flat market - removing IS, introducing a lopsided ME, hyping up a dividend increase etc which have led to the current stagnation. So obviously everyone is now wondering what and when they are going to do to rectify the situation. Unless the market makers start livening up, I can't see any rockets on the horizon. Even LP1 seems to have run out of fuel.

I want to be more positive and say 'everything will be great' like you but just not feeling it. I am de-risking and playing with profits only again until my confidence in FI returns.

Yes they have caused it, we both agree on that.

But we know the media review results are to be released this month, according to the roadmap they gave us, so we just need to be patient.

We also have to realise that a lot of players are at the mercy of being rotated (because their team's race is run) and in general there is little actual excitement on the pitch now. This is nothing to do with fi. It's a natural anticlimax to the end of the season. We need these lulls, these are legitimate and healthy.

When the media update is released, that will reenergise the market.

• Another reason to be positive is that the Champions League and Europa League are back in two weeks time and Ligue 1 starts in a month.

• @ocs123

Exactly mate, we just need a bit of patience.

Remember, this was once seen as more of an "investment" type platform.

• @ScouseSte the market now is actually much more like I thought it would be when I first signed up. Given they are 3 year bets, I expected to log in each day and see no movement. I remember being amazed at 20% rises in a couple of weeks and was selling at profit regularly and quickly. Therefore whilst the current slowness doesn't worry me from a risk perspective, it's certainly less engaging than it has been. I used to love the trading aspect, but for now I'm just having to look at it as more of an investment (I know, it's a bet) and accept that I shouldn't expect massive changes by the hour at the moment.

We've still seen spikes on performance or transfers, but timing buys and sells is probably now more important than ever until full confidence returns. The end of season lull though is certainly not helping on top of everything else.