Willian!Willian, It Was Really Something!

• So with Willian top of the TOTM and a potential transfer story with Chelsea and Spurs, why hasn't his price rocketed?
    Stick a pair of gloves on him and he'd double in price. 😁

• If he goes to Spurs, his PB scores will likely suffer under Mourinho.

If he stays at Chelsea, he'll have competition next season from Werner and Ziyech. Although Ziyech is listed as a midfielder, if he takes set pieces from Willian then that will severely hamper Willian's scores.

That's my guess why he hasn't rocketed - edit - although on double checking he went up about 15% from 6 July - 9 July so that's a decent rocket in the current climate. He's also been pumped on here quite a lot about TOTM so even with those factors, if he hasn't moved all that much then I suspect the sentiment is he's a bit risky.

• @Yellow Ziyech will take his place in the team.. Nvm set pieces.

Age... No euros... Risk £1.20 to win 10p and then he could be off to Italy and youl never make your money back. Could be great if he stayed in prem as first choice but can't see that happening... Cept maybe spurs which wouldn't be great for him.

• @Dronny-Gaz 100% cos of his age. Nobody is buting anyone over about 25 anymore.

• @Stevo said in Willian!Willian, It Was Really Something!:

@Dronny-Gaz 100% cos of his age. Nobody is buting anyone over about 25 anymore.

Bulls and goats are indiscriminate, they will butt anyone irregardless of age (though bulls could be arguably affected by the market)

• And that is the issue with no IS and older players, someone has to buy them off you, which is less and less likely the older they get!

Also regards TOTM, Ronaldo still has 3 games left and is only 89 points behind Willian with 2 low scores...

• @Dronny-Gaz That "pump" went well!! I have 1,200 Willian and was happy to hold despite the risk of next season. Now seriously considering listing the lot.

• @Martyn-B he's possibly a good hold if you do just that... He should get some mb... And if he stays in epl for anothrr 2 years he wil win pb and mb here n there. At some stage divs won + IS price should outweigh his current price. Not by much tho. But its high risk low reward

Can he get a genuine price surge in the new FI climate? Like £1.50?

• @Coriolanus

Just been doing the math. Average buy 92p. Dividend yield 37.5%. Probable 1st or 2nd TOTM to come. Summer transfer MB in a shorter transfer window. Risk of staying at Chelsea and also risk of losing single name MB status Vs genuine cheap hybrid PB/MB player.

Also this is the best month of his FI career with 5PB wins and TOTM on the horizon. Price isn't going to get much higher than this.

Think I will hold and let it run its course. Wouldn't be rushing to buy though.

• @Marksandygill
    Top 3 Attackers in TOTM.

Willian, Messi and Sanchez.
    Traders are less likely to make the trade for FOGO!
    Fear Of Getting Out!

Sad state of affairs really and can't be what FI we're aiming for.

Traders won't take a risk on non PB, lower/mid PB players or over 30s.

• @Martyn-B
    You're exactly right.

I'd be factoring in that this has been possibly his best season in the Premier League and there's no reason he can't go on until he's 35, especially with a new Spurs challenge.

It's that FOGO again.
    I'm copyrighting that acronym. 😁

• @Dronny-Gaz Maybe FI could say if a player retires they will refund say 50% of the players value, I'd take that chance with a lot of the over 30's players!!
    At the moment it's a game of chicken with Messi and Ronaldo, can I win enough and sell before they hint at retiring! :)

• @Marksandygill
    Or perhaps introduce an instant sell, but don't call it that because we'll look twats!
    That's it! A redundancy payment!

It's the future 😁

• @Dronny-Gaz said in Willian!Willian, It Was Really Something!:

So with Willian top of the TOTM and a potential transfer story with Chelsea and Spurs, why hasn't his price rocketed?
    Stick a pair of gloves on him and he'd double in price. 😁

He shot up 20% around the announcement and it's the end of the season.

This summers contract dispute between 2 London clubs. with a single name player... who has one of the highest PB yields on the market... with Jose and Lampard in the mix... sounds good to me.

But he could go either way, so it's a little risky. If the MLS come knocking with the right contract...

• @Dan-The-Man he's bound to win some mb in summer... Not £1 worth tho...unless its double divs and media madness again. It looks like winning mb wouldn't cause much trading... So yields are kinda pointless if the likely figure is less than 100%

• FA Cup Final?

• @Dronny-Gaz doubt he will get pb or mb for losing 2-0 to arsenal.

• @Coriolanus
    You might for 'best short story' though! 😁😁😁😁😁

• @Coriolanus said in Willian!Willian, It Was Really Something!:

@Dan-The-Man he's bound to win some mb in summer... Not £1 worth tho...unless its double divs and media madness again. It looks like winning mb wouldn't cause much trading... So yields are kinda pointless if the likely figure is less than 100%

There comes a point in summer where traders prepare for the next season, and we see PB holds rocket... then when the season starts, PB players really stat to fly... You might remember Kroos going from £1.45 in July to £4.95 by November. Willian's a bit older but his PB yield is among the very best on the market, he's tied with Kroos for win frequency, and only 3 players have won PB more times than him this season. (Messi, Trent and Lewendowski).

Let's be generous and say he picks up 10p Top Forward and another 10p in MB over summer, he'll look really tasty to anyone evaluating him when the season starts.

But hey, Ronaldo could snake this Top Forward 10p and maybe the contract is settled quickly, so that 10p MB never materialises. Or he could sign with Beckhams team and never be seen again.

• @Dan-The-Man people will have bought on his recent form and will be more than happy to sell under his current price. The risk factor too high now for those crazy price rises...last season when a player is on rise... People don't even care why... You jump on and try to make a quick buck... If you time it bad... Just IS for a small loss. Those mechanics are no longer in play