John stones

• John stones is being linked to Arsenal and Liverpool this morning and pep has said he will get game time before the end of the season

• Interesting development. Will see City linked with more CBs and lots more CB transfer gossip - Lenglet, Pavard, de Ligt etc. Hoping it drags my Stones futures out of the red too!

• Pavard is being linked with loads of teams also in the Last two French squads.
    Lenglet a great shout too.
    Toulouse captain Issa Diop is a good young prospect as well
    Of course everyone knows about De Ligt next gem out of Ajax, had him sold him for a good return

• Lenglet is the one to get on, he's the one that will be part of the CB very go round.

• I think Pep likes Stones but he knows there is a lot better out there and if City want to progress and win a UCL then Stones either needs to improve as a defender or Pep goes elsewhere? Could be down to having the patience to work with him as he may yet keep?

For Stones I question who he improves in the top six when he plays? City? No? I think Kompany & Otamendi are better... Spurs? No? United? Yes? Liverpool? Yes? Chelsea? Perhaps not? Although he is better in a three? Arsenal? Yes? Maybe?

There's a lot of decent CB's kicking around and obviously we've not mentioned Koulibaly who would seriously improve City... Lenglet was rumoured to be looking at homes in Barcelona which kicked off all this transfer speculation over him and De Ligt is even less advanced in his career than Stones so I would question that?

One thing is for certain though... City will be rumoured with some serious defenders this summer so anyone decent and available may see a growth spurt in their future price??? Time to lump on CB's???

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.