Renewing shares for IPD’s

• Hold a few players that are due to run to 30 days in the next few days but are still in Champs and Europa league.... is it worth trying to sell players and rebuy on matching engine for the in play dividends or would you say its too much pissing about so not really worth the hassle ?

Any advice greatly received, cheers in advance

• @Die-Eisernen I was literally thinking exactly the same thing but as a relatively new user would welcome the advice also

• @Die-Eisernen before ME is was fairly easy IS pay 2% commission and rebuy at the same price.

Under the current system selling the players at MS is hard and less people are selling at a discount.

If your player has a decent spread you could IS and then place a buy order and hope it’s matched but I wouldn’t be doing that.

I see IPDs now as a bonus when I top up or buy a new player the IPD flip game has died for the above reasons I’m afraid.

• Still think instead of TOTM they should have had season long IPDs, imagine trying to work out divs from clean sheets and goals and assists for hundreds of players!!

• @Die-Eisernen why dont you just name the player and organize a share swap with a fellow holder

• @MickTurbo

How’s that work then please mate?

Martial Sunday is my 30th day with him, was thinking Benzema and Hazard too but not sure if id be best waiting til next season with them I fancy Citeh to knock them out

• @Die-Eisernen - Just messaged you
    @MickTurbo - does that happen, like often and generally? Sounds like a great idea.

• @StephenD dunno really mate, seems easy though.

@Die-Eisernen my martials are 30 days old today. I'm working nights at the minute but I'll inbox u tomorrow and we can work something out if u like

• Great question and trying to work out in my own head what today as bought 4 keepers about 40 days ago:

Oblak
    Courtois
    De Gea
    Patricio

All of them have doubled if not more in price but now will miss out on the IPD............

Sell and try buy again???

• This is 100% why we need an option to just pay the 2% and get the shares renewed.

• surely then there would be no movement on good players as everyone would just renew at 2%

• @trig So how would that be different to now? At least then we would be able to get in play dividends and some excitement of the game!

• IPDs throughout seems the way to go. They might just have to reduce the total amounts paid out significantly to make the numbers work for the business?

• well I would have thought there would be no liquidity at the top end of the market. everyone would just renew and their price would just go up and up................ apart from young talent/potential why would anyone buy mid range players??

• Could you pick a trusted friend to bid 1p above top is price at 3.27am and then buy them back a few minutes later?

• How do people do these share swaps when they go buy my player at x300 ? How does this work

• Tried this earlier and it didn't work. Did a trial of x10 shares on a player with another trader. They put them up for sale at just below the buy price. I went in and bought them ok on a bid at that same price. But the seller didn't see them sell. So I ended up with +10 shares, but they didn't end up with -10 shares. We then did the reverse flow and same thing happened. So we both ended up with +10 shares from our starting position moments earlier. Anyone know how that might be? Seems too coincidental someone else may have listed at exactly those times and prices. Or, more likely, I might be acting really dumb here! :)

• surely there is people before your mate trying to sell at the same price????

• @StephenD said in Renewing shares for IPD’s:

Tried this earlier and it didn't work. Did a trial of x10 shares on a player with another trader. They put them up for sale at just below the buy price. I went in and bought them ok on a bid at that same price. But the seller didn't see them sell. So I ended up with +10 shares, but they didn't end up with -10 shares. We then did the reverse flow and same thing happened. So we both ended up with +10 shares from our starting position moments earlier. Anyone know how that might be? Seems too coincidental someone else may have listed at exactly those times and prices. Or, more likely, I might be acting really dumb here! :)

It’s not possible to list players at a certain price, you’ve done this the wrong way round. If you are using the “reserve price” function, this is not the price you are selling at (just the minimum you are willing to accept).

You need to reverse your thinking - the buyer puts in a bid above all of the other bids on that player, and the seller immediately instant sells. That should work, as long as you’ve checked the bid depth and put in a price that exceeds all existing bids. You’ll have to be quick though as another seller could see the inflated bid price and sell to you instead!

• Ahh, makes sense! Thanks.