2 Portfolios?

• Hi,
    Are you allowed to create 2 portfolios? I have a portfolio already but want to create a seperate one for a short term trading strategy.
    Cheers

• no, i suppose theres nothing wrong with ur mrs opening an account tho ;)

• Cheers :0)

• @NewUser607170 I’d be careful and check the t&cs regarding second household accounts; they must be separate ie in your partners name with her own ID and bank statements.

If FI get a wiff of you holding a duel account you’ll lose the lot on both; my suggestion don’t risk it

• @NewUser607170 said in 2 Portfolios?:

Hi,
    Are you allowed to create 2 portfolios? I have a portfolio already but want to create a seperate one for a short term trading strategy.
    Cheers

You can filter your portfolio by last purchased so your long-term holds should be at the bottom (mostly) unless you keep topping up on an ongoing basis. Your short-term trades should at the top if you keep buying and selling them so I imagine you could draw an imaginary line to divide the two.

Others would probably advocate the use of spreadsheets to group your players however you want. There's isn't a one method fits all answer but as you can see there are a few options without risking a second portfolio.

• Thanks everyone, think I'll just go down the route of a seperate tab on my spreadsheet. Dont want to risk doing anything wrong.