A place still for passive traders??

• I’m a relatively passive trader due to family and lifestyle considerations. Due to changes in F.I over past months, it seems you now need to trade much more actively to make profit.

Hopefully sell orders will help me to offload some players without incurring a massive spread and reshape the port slightly.

Is there still a place for the passive trader or have the days of acting like a bit like a tracker in a rising market now gone?

Appreciate any advice, I know I’ve picked some brains before on related topics but struggle to find the right FI blend.

Cheers lads/ladies 👍

• I'm a very active trader and recognize that things are moving that way somewhat, but with dividend increases now known to be annually, and hopefully more generous than the most recent one (reasonable to expect so), then I think the tide will be perpetually rising, albeit more steadily most of the time than has generally been the case historically. Park your cash in the intrinsically valuable players and you'll still see steady growth

• @Pizarro ive went the other way. I always did a bit of every kind of trading except IPD’s. Ive now adopted a more passive style by loading up on keepers in the attempt to regularly win the GK category. 40 of my 60 players are now keepers.

I feel like recent changes have made trading a full time job which makes me nervous about mistiming a trade and getting stuck with dead weight.

I suppose it all comes down to what works for you, play to your strengths and build a portfolio that allows you to do that

• @Pizarro if anything the problems with liquidity etc make it more suited to just buy and leave for a while, surely for short term trading you'd want more volatility. It's difficult to get in and out of trades at the moment.

I think traders are now either backing FI to sort it out long term and as @MickTurbo says do a much more generous rise next summer, or you are doubting FI can can turn it around and selling up.

I think most believe FI will turn it round, a few more phases to go til the platform is complete and then we will see options for short and long term thrive again.

• I'd add Ive always mostly gone for who I think can win dividends... So long term holds that can ride any ups n downs and still have value.

I'm doing the same now, just derisking some top end to stock up on the new cheap potential yielders in the gk cat.

• Very passive trader here. 👌

Advice: don't listen to anyone called a colour or called Vesp 👍

• @Ericali lol, @Yellow is sound but other than that 👌

• @Ericali aw thanks eric 🤣🤣 is black a colour or shade

• Depends what kind of profit you are after for the risk. You don't wana be too passive and leave selling to the last few months before your shares expire... As selling has become very difficult.

But if you check too often you are unlikely to have made much money now cap ap is slowing due to OB.

I think the money to be made sits mostly between the spreads rather than cap ap... But to profit on spreads you need to be more active

• @Black-Wolf said in A place still for passive traders??:

@Ericali aw thanks eric 🤣🤣 is black a colour or shade

Black is a non colour - obviously exempt 👍

Just realised @Coriolanus has ANUS in his name 🤔

Very apt

• @Ericali you are a proven thief. Why keep mentioning me? Obsessed.

• @Coriolanus said in A place still for passive traders??:

@Ericali you are a proven thief. Why keep mentioning me? Obsessed.

Your the pariah of the platform remember.... 🤔

The one who (miserably) tried to sink it for FS. 👍

• @Ericali how? By being one of the only clever (or honest) people on here and saw the issues a mile off.

Why have the div increase and current promo pretty much fallen in deaf ears... Whilst Footstock announcements had wonderful reaction and values are flying?

IS... Rug pulled? Sound familiar?

0_1595750267165_Screenshot_20200726-083659.png

• @Coriolanus poor effort. 👎🐍

• @Ericali don't worry mate... I saw your 24hr screenshot the othrr day and it suggests you are well off of your £1m target lol. Baby port.

@Ericali don't worry mate... I saw your 24hr screenshot the othrr day and it suggests you are well off of your £1m target lol. Baby port.

Good job it wasn't in FS or it would have been halved in the past 6-8 weeks.

Like trying to stop a waterfall armed with a cork! 😂

• @Ericali FS is booming and fun. Can you say same for FI? Lol. I don't think you should bring up FS at this time as I'm sure even the most stoic FI people are tempted now.

@Ericali FS is booming and fun. Can you say same for FI? Lol. I don't think you should bring up FS at this time as I'm sure even the most stoic FI people are tempted now.

I have money in FS. I'm up £10 in the last 2 weeks! Hardly booming! 😂 (I know when it's booming)

By the way..... It's not!

This is the platform that bankrupts people who buy McTominay in 3 weeks flat.

Good job I'm only playing with profits.

• @Ericali I think maybe, like FI...you don't know what you are doing? If u need advice just ask. You don't need to steal people's money. 🐀

@Ericali I think maybe, like FI...you don't know what you are doing? If u need advice just ask. You don't need to steal people's money. 🐀

Let's just break this down for those who don't know....

I tried to sell Messi by promoting him on here. (mainly Twitter but for arguments sake) Greatest player of all time, returned dividends since & won PB & his price is pretty consistent.

There's no pulling a fast one here - everyone had heard of him prior to my pump & no turkey 🦃 was sold.

Now onto you......

Firstly, lied to people last year as @Baydog confirmed - by you telling people to do one thing while you was busy doing the opposite (as I was strongly advising the platform to do)

Secondly, you tried to pull people's money from this platform hoping to inflate FS's prices while earning commission.

Your on a loser pal 🐍😂

No coming back from that.