how many players would you lose money on

• hi how many players do you hold in your port that if you Is would you lose money on i have 50 players and would lose on 27

• I’d make profit on 15 of my 60 holds if I cashed out of my bet today.

But why would I? They’re all purchased with an exit point which is the last day of the season which is traditionally (so I believe) a low point for most PB holds.

For every negative comment there is always a positive side, if you believe in your holds the IS price is current irrelevant.

• I have 13 players on my port. Only 4 are green but even those I wouldn't make a profit if I was to IS with these ridiculous spreads.

Needless to say I'm just waiting to minimise my losses and get out of here

• Depends why you are selling! I bought shares to win divs so the 18% ish I'm on track to make this year is fine for me, anyone I sell at a loss just eats into that profit, I'm more than happy to hold the players I have for 3 years!😁

• I imagine most ports wouldn't look rosy due to the low bid offers....But, I'm holding players linked to transfers and players that have CL and EL games coming up, and again next season. So selling now V selling later ? Big difference

• @NewUser485878 hi there what was your strategy when you brought these players?

• @Collymore10 the same as most people to try and pick players you think will go up and be able to sell and make money on I am not saying I want to sell all my players it was a question because of the silly spreads and not being able to set your own price when that comes in I will be better

• @NewUser130968 @Collymore10 was replying to the new user who has been registered on the forum 6 days who is looking to sell up. Dont blame them if they havent seen big profits after 6 days!😂

• @NewUser130968 I can't see quickly on the app, but when I last looked I would have thought about 55 of my 63 holds would be at a loss. Never nice to see, but doesn't overly concern me as it's not all about cap app; dividends offer a good return too.

Plus it's a long term bet, so always likely to show a loss (in comparison to the IS price, not market value) soon after purchase as you will have been the highest bidder to enable you to buy. Over time I have faith that I have largely bought well and I will have an attractive exit point during my 3 year hold.

• @NewUser130968

Most of my port and that does concern me because it never used to be the case.

My port is mostly in the green but 20%-66% spreads is crippling. It's stopped me from getting in on players that I want to and made me question the entire platform.

Take a guy like Tim Kleindienst, I bought in to him at 24p, then topped up at an average of 36p. He had a cracking season, missed out on promotion because of away goals and his price is currently 58p (it rose 1p today) but if I wanted to IS today, I'd get 37p for 292 of my 1000 futures, then I wouldn't be able to IS the rest. So, even though I'm supposedly up £220 on that trade, in reality, I'm probably in the hole.

In the past, I'd have been able to IS for 53-55p on a 58p player. Which means when they announced TOTM, I'd have have exited a hold like Tim, to get in on Willian and when they announced the summer promo, I'd have exited Pulisic and got in on Ronaldo but that's just not possible on the current market without taking such a hit that it wouldn't be worth it.

If you saw a rise from 24p to 58p, prior to February, you were laughing, with amazing profits but now, you're worried if it will even break even.

• I'd say I could probably sell about a third of mine in profit if I hit the IS button on all of them right now... However, the situation is quite fluid... It changes from day to day depending upon performances etc.

I'd be worried if I could only flog 1/3 of my port at a profit in 6 months time, I expect it to be more like 3/4... But I do also expect the situation to change quite regularly from player to player from day to day as it becomes a more supply/demand based model of trading..

Having the old FI backed Instant Sell was like having a get out of jail card in your back pocket at all times, but that didn't necessarily mean you'd have been getting out in a profit. I have lost a fair whack instant selling at a loss (probably close to £10k over my 2.5 years), but that is against an overall 100% profit..

The spreads are wider now in most cases than they would have been with the old IS, so that does make it feel a lot more uncomfortable when looking at what would happen if I hit the IS right now - but it does definitely change a lot depending upon demand on an individual basis... I sold a player on IS this week as it was within 1% of his market buy price. One week prior his spread was about 50%

• The great majority of my port I would make a loss on right now if I was to IS the lot. Different people will read different things into this, but in my view its wholly irrelevant. I have absolutely no intention of doing so, so it doesnt matter.

I have ISd little bits here and there recently in order to free money up for GKs but I have done so where spreads have been very tight. It seems now that tight spreads are tighter than ever, and wide spreads are wider. As is always the case on FI, this is just cyclical. I don't see it as a cause for concern at all

• @NewUser130968 the person has been on the forum 6 days so wanted to give advice if i could

• @Splurger_Dan i have been on here 2 and a half years and have a port £52 000 so not 6 days get your facts right

• 21 players and only one is in the red, and by only like 7p which is Rafael Leao.

However if I IS at current bids I would lose money on 8 holds.

• @NewUser130968 said in how many players would you lose money on:

@Splurger_Dan i have been on here 2 and a half years and have a port £52 000 so not 6 days get your facts right

No it's you who's needs to get your facts straight and put your dick away, as it is important to you I have 76k in here😉.
    Neither comment was referring to you but you have miss read both messages and some how found an argument where their wasnt one🤦‍♂️.
    As you can see below in the previous messages you will see how you got mixed up replying to collymore who was actually asking a different user a question not you and I pointed this out to you in a friendly manner and that this user had only been on 6 days and was ready to sell up and some how you have taken offence🤷‍♂️.
    I will wait on your gracious apology👍.

Collymore10 about 22 hours ago
    @NewUser485878 hi there what was your strategy when you brought these players?

NewUser130968 about 22 hours ago
    @Collymore10 the same as most people to try and pick players you think will go up and be able to sell and make money on I am not saying I want to sell all my players it was a question because of the silly spreads and not being able to set your own price when that comes in I will be better.

Splurger_Dan about 22 hours ago
    @NewUser130968 @Collymore10 was replying to the new user who has been registered on the forum 6 days who is looking to sell up. Dont blame them if they havent seen big profits after 6 days!😂

@NewUser130968 said in how many players would you lose money on:
    @Splurger_Dan i have been on here 2 and a half years and have a port £52 000 so not 6 days get your facts right

• @NewUser485878 said in how many players would you lose money on:

I have 13 players on my port. Only 4 are green but even those I wouldn't make a profit if I was to IS with these ridiculous spreads.

Needless to say I'm just waiting to minimise my losses and get out of here

Dont you get the option of getting your full deposit back up to £500 within the first 30 days?

• Aside from my goalkeepers who are all significantly in the green, I'm probably down on almost all of my outfield players if I used IS.

However, I will be keeping these players for at least another 12 months, as they are all good long term holds.

Capital appreciation is definitely harder to come by since the changes to the platform, but there are now more dividends and bigger dividends to win.

From my modest £6.5k portfolio, I'm forecasting that I'll win a minimum of £1.2k in dividends over the next 12 months, which is an 18.5% yield for sitting back and doing very little.

Plus by next Summer, once the excitement of the Euros has kicked in, I suspect that the market will be more buoyant and spreads tighter. Lets say my portfolio is worth a conservative 12% more by the Euros than now, that's still 30% growth (including dividends) per annum.

Not bad in what is / will be a global recession.

... and I'm by no means the best trader around. Those who are more aggressive in their trading style and more tolerant to risk, could probably make a far bigger return than that.

• All of you ecstatic at suddenly cheap ME buy prices are no less than f'ng stupid.
    Pre covid winnings of 'traders' have been brazenly stolen as these slimy thieves have used the global pandemic to turn our modest 'played by the rules' gains into overnight hefty losses. They EVEN have the gall to tell us these pisstakingly low new sell price spreads are for OUR protection somehow...
    Why on Earth would anyone trust these shysters SERIOUSLY...?

• @Collymore10 I'd guess it was the strategy I'd adopted concerning the rules stated at the time.