Pavard Replacement

• Just seen that Pavard is likely to be out for at least three weeks, so I assume most of the CL. Anyone got any thoughts on who might replace him at right back? Maybe Kimmich (thoughts on how that would impact his scoring)? Just offloaded my shares at £2.04 to a poor sod who obviously hadnt seen the news and had his bid accepted straight away.

• @Mal 3 weeks is a short term injury for a regular starter for a top team who plays for the national team and will earn plenty in PB and TOTM next season; he’s most definitely a long term hold for many so in wouldn’t worry about the person who got a bargain with your shares.

Sule is back from injury so I could see them playing a back 3 if not Kimmich would be the natural short term stop gap.

• I'm a Pavard holder and just learning about this but like Sav says, it's no biggie, hes a regular wing back in a dominant team, from a dominant European country and hes what? 23? No biggie this. I'll probably throw some bids in for next time a 25p defender scores a goal and theres a fire sale

• @Sav2000 100% agree on him as a long term hold and short term injury, but assume his tight spread was based on CL divs. Will see where he gets to on ME, plan to buy back in around for a lower price on ME and make use of the summer promotion for Bundesliga as he does sneak in a few goals.

• Yeah Pavard is a long term hold for me - especially as Kimmich's midfield move looks permanent.

• @Mal said in Pavard Replacement:

ust seen that Pavard is likely to be out for at least three weeks, so I assume most of the CL. Anyone got any thoughts on who might replace him at right back? Maybe Kimmich (thoughts on how that would impact his scoring)? Just offloaded my shares at £2.04 to a poor sod who obviously hadnt seen the news and had his bid accepted straight away.

I think that 'poor sod' will be the winner in the long run. Pavard is a great long term hold, and three weeks out is nothing.

• @MickTurbo I'd love to pick up more Pavard below £1.90.

TOTM + all the football he will play for Bayern and France with both teams likely to compete for silverware in everything they enter into can't see the injury being anything but good news IMO (which is very odd to say).

• @London-Is-Blue I mean I'd have preferred him to be fit to play next week obviously, but it's hardly a big deal

• @London-Is-Blue said in Pavard Replacement:

@MickTurbo I'd love to pick up more Pavard below £1.90.

TOTM + all the football he will play for Bayern and France with both teams likely to compete for silverware in everything they enter into can't see the injury being anything but good news IMO (which is very odd to say).

Just got a bargain...25 @ 1.87.
    Got loads more on bids so if anyone’s scared of his little injury please accept bids accordingly 😎

• @MickTurbo I doubt he will play but i see Bayern getting to the final which he would be fit for.

@King-Fergus My current buy price is £1.88 so seems i might be able to pick up some more for around that price.

• @London-Is-Blue I've got other priorities at present so probably wont top up but would like to

• @MickTurbo said in Pavard Replacement:

@London-Is-Blue I've got other priorities at present so probably wont top up but would like to

What’s the other priorities ... if you’re willing to share

• Lucas Hernandez might be the short term winner in answer to the question. I think Kimmich is to important to the midfield area to move him back to that position.

• @King-Fergus keepers mate. Only priority at present. There are other players I want to buy, or boxes I want to tick, but it's all about keepers still

• @Mal

I am 99% certain that Kimmich reverts to right back. This has happened several times when Pavard has been injured or suspended.

The strength of the Bayern team relies on the flexibility of the entire squad.

If Lewandowski gets injured, Muller or Gnabry can become the striker.

If Sule gets injured, Alaba or Hernandez can drop into centre half.

Kimmich will replace Pavard, Goretzka will move into a deeper central midfield position and Thiago or Cuisance will occupy the other midfield role.

I believe Tolisso is still injured, but Martinez and Alaba can also easily cover the midfield role if necessary.

Bayern Munich currently have a very deep pool of talent to pick from. The formation, system and style will not change due to one injury, regardless of how integral the injured party is perceived to be.

• @johnboywalker Cheers, yeah really good point. Relatively new to the index joining just before Covid and trying to work out the best way to top up/get on board the Bayern players given their spreads and short term potential for IPDs plus obviously generally good long term holds. I sold Pavard who was one of my first purchases. But taking into account all the points above I've bought a few back at £1.87 after selling this morning for £2.06. Poor sod was probably not the best choice of words in the initial post was more surprised I could sell so close to market given the spreads at the moment. Might go back to my original level in a week or two. Already hold Kimmich, Davies and Goretzka but might be worth topping up on further with them rather than trying to spot the short term "replacement".

• @Mal pavard is a great long term hold. Wouldnt have sold because he cant play for 21 days personally.

• @London-Is-Blue its a tough old route that side of the draw. City or madrid to play probably juventus. While bayern more than likely play barcelona, and two of that lot play the semi! Brutal!meanwhile something tells me atalanta will shock psg!