The Footie value over the last month

• As some of you may know I have been tracking the Footie figures for some time. With the negative news surrounding the recent drop in prices I wanted to dispell the myth that the Footie has been crashing.

0_1524593514457_footie.png

The graph above shows the past 8 months of data for the value of the Footie.

Today ----------- (24/04/18) the Footie sits at 17,371.
    2 weeks ago --- (12/04/18) the Footie peaked at 17,549.
    1 month ago --- (24/03/18) the Footie value was 16,008.

These figure show that, yes, there has been a small fall in value over the past 2 weeks (1%). However, during the past month the Footie has still risen significantly (8%).

As we all know, some high profile players have seen a recent fall in price but the data shows that the money is being reinvested elsewhere. Value may have recently stagnated as the season comes to a close but money is not leaving Football Index. This means there are still plenty of opportunities to make money as the flipping continues.

Please note I am not here to push an agenda. I would just like to share my data and show that things aren't all as doom and gloom as some users have claimed in the forum over the past few days!

Edit - Spelling/Layout

• What players are in the footie Index and when are the players changed?

With players dropping in and out more regularly than a normal stock market, then rising players shooting up and affecting the Footie will bring a market rise.

Interested to know how many Footie players are the same today as they were a week / a month ago..

Therefore think Footie measure is a bum steer...

Any thoughts anyone?

• Hello, I'm new. Had my account under 2 weeks so would seem I joined at the 'wrong time', but I don't feel that I did. Seems to me there are plenty of opportunities to make money here and I don't pay too much attention to price crashes in big players, which I assume are responsible for the last couple of weeks?

How is the 'footie value' actually calculated? I see the opening post says it's what's invested - is that what's in portfolios, in the bank, or both?

• @Happy-Hornet Agree. FTSE 100, 250 etc. only adjust every quarter I believe, rather than every day. If a player hovering around the top of the squad takes a massive rise then this positively impacts the FOOTIE, but if a player at the bottom of the Top 200 takes a massive fall then this doesn't affect it as he'll now be in the squad.

• @James said in The Footie value over the last month:

As some of you may know I have been tracking the Footie figures for some time. With the negative news surrounding the recent drop in prices I wanted to dispell the myth that the Footie has been crashing.

0_1524593514457_footie.png

The graph above shows the past 8 months of data for the value of the Footie (which represents the money invested in Football Index as a whole).

Today ----------- (24/04/18) the Footie sits at 17,371.
    2 weeks ago --- (12/04/18) the Footie peaked at 17,549.
    1 month ago --- (24/03/18) the Footie value was 16,008.

These figure show that, yes, there has been a small fall in value over the past 2 weeks (1%). However, during the past month the Footie has still risen significantly (8%).

As we all know, some high profile players have seen a recent fall in price but the data shows that the money is being reinvested elsewhere. Value may have recently stagnated as the season comes to a close but money is not leaving Football Index. This means there are still plenty of opportunities to make money as the flipping continues.

Please note I am not here to push an agenda. I would just like to share my data and show that things aren't all as doom and gloom as some users have claimed in the forum over the past few days!

Edit - Spelling/Layout

Cant say fairer than that.

• @Happy-Hornet said in The Footie value over the last month:

What players are in the footie Index and when are the players changed?

With players dropping in and out more regularly than a normal stock market, then rising players shooting up and affecting the Footie will bring a market rise.

Interested to know how many Footie players are the same today as they were a week / a month ago..

Therefore think Footie measure is a bum steer...

Any thoughts anyone?

To a degree I dont overly get your point, and the point i think i got was, totally irrelevant to your point, I appreciate this probably makes no sense, but I fail to see any influence on the change over between entering or filing out of the top 200, with in reason, please feel to correct me if am totally of the mark with your message.

• I agree that there has been some amazing growth in the index over the past year!! however the figures of buys and sells for the last month are proper dodgy if the figures are correct the graths are wrong or there’s a huge cut going somewhere we ain’t told about??? Anyone can see the charts and judge for themselves they don’t have to listen to social influence here or on twitter.. FI is great fun however sometimes it’s good to keep it real!

For even the big player holders (media I’d you read the charts you will see the drops are more than any 1p in the pound!

• @NewUser140772 Footie value is the total money invested in the Top 200 players.

Source - https://footballindex.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/204837891-What-is-the-Footie-Index-?mobile_site=true

• @Happy-Hornet Sorry I haven't collected individual player data so I can't answer how players dropping in and out could affect the value. Which is a good argument against using the Footie to denote the value of the index, that I hadn't considered!

Sadly there is not much other data available from FI and the Footie looks to be our best bet for measuring the safety of our portfolio value.

• @James said in The Footie value over the last month:

@NewUser140772 Footie value is the total money invested in the Top 200 players.

Source - https://footballindex.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/204837891-What-is-the-Footie-Index-?mobile_site=true

Thanks.

I can see the footie value is 17,367 at the moment, surely that doesn't mean there is only £17,367 invested in the top 200 players though?

• @James

Great stuff thanks for sharing! Hope this cools some people down a bit that are quick to use the word ‘crash’

Don’t know if you’ve been asked but what software do you used to generate that graph?

• @devlin7 The graph was made on excel

• @devlin7 You're right the value of the Footie doesn't represent the amount of pounds invested in a 1 to 1 ratio.
    It is however still representative of the growth.

The topic has come up before in the forums and I believe the consensus was that Football Index have not released how the data is officially calulated.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.