Trent Alexander Arnold vs Ryan Sessegnon

• Current Value:
    TAA = £2.05
    RS = £3.01

I have seen both of them play this season and they have massive potential....TAA is more of a Azpilicueta player (Speed, Assisting, Tackling) whereas RS is more of a Jordi Alba player (Speed, cuts inside, shots when the chance is there)

TAA is the better investment in my opinion because his price only going up and could get to £2.50 and maybe beyond??, whereas RS is likely to move and wont go much higher because i get the feeling that people will sell-off once the transfer news is over and will drop quite a lot if he doesn't move !!....his price could drop to £2.80/£2.70??

Finally will both be selected for the WC squad????

Let's hear your views on these players....

Cheers

AndyP

• interesting as so many see Sessegnon still as a left back but when I've seen him play (live or on the box) he's played further afield... Are we saying he'll eventually get pushed back like Danny Rose did in becoming a competent full back? Or do we think he offers better value going forward? I would like to see him pushing for Raheem Sterling's place one day in the England team rather than at left back??

I think both are brilliant young talents... TAA has proved he has a great future in the game and I think he's more likely to go to the WC but might not fit the right criteria for Southgate just yet? IE would he prefer 'wing back' like Walker & Trippier with Young also available to play both than an out and out full back?

Sessegnon could well get a big move this summer so could spike.... But depending on where he goes (and what position they want him in) would that effect his game time?

If i held Sessegnon I would be looking to get out as soon as he moves... If i held Arnold I would be looking to get out as soon as he's announced in the England squad (whenever that may be)... after the dust settles (which should be a while yet) i do predict a small fall.

• I don’t consider Sess to be a left back anymore. He is more of a left forward if anything. I think he is the better buy as more chance of his price going to high levels wheras Arnold is a defender so max you can expect is £3 really.

• I agree Sessegnon doesn't play as a defender and it's worth bearing in mind his price will almost certainly drop if he ever gets reclassified as a midfielder by Opta (that's what FI positions are based on).

• TAA is not worth as much as Otamendi and more than Toby A... his price is super inflated due to WC and Liverpool nearing CL final once the final is over and we’re out the World Cup his price will be subject to correction!!’

Has for Ryan S has a defender he will kill the stats however if Fulham keep hold of him or once he changes clubs and possitions his value ain’t going to be spirreling out of control

My view

• @BL__FI said in Trent Alexander Arnold vs Ryan Sessegnon:

I agree Sessegnon doesn't play as a defender and it's worth bearing in mind his price will almost certainly drop if he ever gets reclassified as a midfielder by Opta (that's what FI positions are based on).

But then he's never attracted performance buzz anyway has he? So I can only assume the main reason his ownership is so high is because people are banking on him getting a big summer move and/or a wildcard spot in the world cup squad.

• @NewUser140772 I don't own and have always found his high price a bit odd, but assumed it was a mix of potential transfer buzz and PB potential next season (either via a transfer or promotion with Fulham).

• I don’t see why he can’t be the next Bale

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.