Chandler Bing!

• Just had an idea - will there be a bit of a revelation with trader once they start seeing a few cheap players go on a Stormer?

I remember back in Feb, Timothy Chandler started playing in Midfield whilst being classed as a Defender. He played a bit shit but somehow 3 shots must have bounced in off his arse or something and he managed to bag himself the title of Top Player(while still being an awful player) I think on a silver day.

If the div payouts were in place that are now, he'd have returned a sweet 39 pennies per share, when he was 20 odd pence a share price. Bruno Peres has seen something similar recently.

Do we just need a few more occurrences of this ( and potentially a TOTM nomination, which Timmy Tosspot would never have had a shout for) for traders to think 'maybe there's a lot of value in the sub £1 and if I can sell them, that's a bonus'.

Ol Timmy Tosspot probably won't be a 3yr regular for a woeful Frankfurt side who may score or concede 5 depending on which side of the bed they got out of, however could he pave the way for the cheapos to shake traders into the idea that now, players can return their value in divs without the requirement to returns profit in cap app.

[Insert subliminal message 'buy Quagliarella']

• To be honest I think probably not. It's the lack of liquidity which is stopping players rising. People can't sell at the moment so unless they are willing put new money in they can't buy either.

This is normally my favourite time of the year on FI. The season is over (ok I know it's not completely over due to Covid) and the transfer window is open. This is normally when I restructure my portfolio and buy into the players I think are going to do well next year. Sadly I can't do that at the moment as I can't sell any of my existing players at a figure I'm happy with.

There are about 12 players I've identified that I'd like to get in on, either for the IPD's from CL and EL or ahead of next season, but I'm not prepared to put in new money to do it. I'm sure there are a lot of people in the same boat.

• @GDS are you saying you can't sell ANY players at profit?

The past week or so I have sold Marcus Rashford, Bobby Firmino and Enock Mwepu for profit. On Firmino I made 9% roughly by buying on ME and then IS'ing(not the true IS, but you get it)

I am no master trader and I deal in very small numbers, I'd just be intrigued to see your port. I have some shitbags I can't sell without making a huge loss, but they are mainly punts like Onyekuru and Cabot.

And surely some of the liquidity should come from divs? Obviously doesn't work if you have bought a 3 quid plus player as chance of returning 3 quid in divs over 3 years is small, but for bottom end there seems ample opportunity to return the value of a player in divs alone over 3 years

• @Moukoko said in Chandler Bing!:

@GDS are you saying you can't sell ANY players at profit?

The past week or so I have sold Marcus Rashford, Bobby Firmino and Enock Mwepu for profit. On Firmino I made 9% roughly by buying on ME and then IS'ing(not the true IS, but you get it)

I am no master trader and I deal in very small numbers, I'd just be intrigued to see your port. I have some shitbags I can't sell without making a huge loss, but they are mainly punts like Onyekuru and Cabot.

And surely some of the liquidity should come from divs? Obviously doesn't work if you have bought a 3 quid plus player as chance of returning 3 quid in divs over 3 years is small, but for bottom end there seems ample opportunity to return the value of a player in divs alone over 3 years

It's not good enough to just sell for profit. I'm up 250% on one player but if I sold him now, I'd get around 10% profit. So, should I wipe off 240% to get in on a player who would then have to do incredible numbers just to get back to the position I'm in now?

Look through my posts and you'll see within minutes of TOTM being announced I made a post telling folk to get on Willian and within minutes of the IPD, I did the same with respect to Ronaldo... in both cases the player rose significantly and are picking up divs but even though those things were obvious, I couldn't get in on them without putting new money in and I'm not going to do that, just to trap more money.

• @Dan-The-Man Exactly the same here and with many others I’m sure that we can’t now get out of multiple holds whether in profit or not as the instant sell price would mean the player(s) bought with those funds probably wouldn’t recoup that amount lost on the trade. Until the ME is complete then nothing is going to change. So I feel the next couple months at least are going to be very boring.

• @Moukoko so that's why I've got 48 random Chandler in my port!! Must of had some divs and seen it on here about him.. Oh well!! Haha

• @Moukoko

I didn't say I can't sell any players at a profit, I said I can't sell my players at a figure I'm happy with. That's either because they are players I don't want to sell, or players who I think are undervalued due to the current liquidity issues, or yes in some cases players I'd like to sell but currently can't (or can only sell at spreads I consider to be unacceptable).

I appreciate that if I IS sell players I can take advantage of the current situation to also buy some players at a lower price than I could have previously, however I think it's fair to say that the current position is preventing a lot of trading going on that would otherwise be happening. I was merely answering the original question as to whether people think we'll see short term rises and my answer to that is I don't think so because to see those rises you have to have liquidity and that's currently lacking on the scale it was previously.

Ultimately a lack of trading means a lack of 2%'s for FI so I'm sure they will address it sooner or later, however it's frustrating that it may be the new season before that happens.