£15 barrier

• @Erased-Citizen So I'm guessing as he managed more goals and assists this season at the age of 20 than Ribery and Robben did for Bayern that you think they were bang average as well?

• @Marksandygill Robben was a one trick pony. Cut in from the right, shifted it left, shifted it left again, put it in the keeper's bottom right hand corner.

I would've marked him out the game :) The amount of times I screamed at the telly to keep him on his right. They never listened. Nothing between their ears most of them. That's why they kick a ball about.

• @Erased-Citizen There are plenty of examples for both sides of the argument (Podolski, Kagawa, Mkhitaryan, Schweinsteiger - De Bruyne, Auba, Firmino, Ballack).

Someone may be able to find better examples of successes as 2 of the 4 I mentioned haven't/didn't set the PL alight like Sancho is priced to.

It's safe to say that the transition from Bundesliga to PL isn't easy and I can sleep easy knowing I don't have big money banked on a player doing what many have failed at.

• I don't trade big amounts but decided to quit while I was well ahead with Sancho. Just sold my whopping 10 shares and spread the bet by topping up the following using mostly ME. Most have games coming up so IPD eligible also. Don't get me wrong Sancho is a wonderful hold, however I see me earning more with this lot (and less risk) and I may get back on Sancho when it seems better value to do so. Obvs there are other players who have better potential however I had the upcoming IPD and Gold days in mind.

So for me it was 10 Sancho v

10 Jamal Lewis
    9 Bailey
    9 Hradecky
    9 Kluivert
    8 Suso
    7 Havertz
    7 Tah
    7 Pau Lopez
    6 Pellegrini
    6 Reguillon
    6 Meret
    5 El Haddadi
    2 Kroos
    2 Sterling
    and a partridge in a pear tree

• @Tikka-Mo-Salah

Good business

• @Tikka-Mo-Salah Exactly what I would have done

Actually I'm too lazy to research that many players so would've probably pile it all into Sterling, so under-priced now that City are back in the CL.

• I'd say he is a bit risky for my liking. I don't know whether I would say overpriced, as I have been proven wrong many times about what people are willing to pay for a player.

If he joins united then I am sure the media will cream themselves every time he does something for the first month or two (happened with Bruno). But then after that? Look at Raheem Sterling's price. How is Sancho going to post better stats than Sterling? And Sterling is a forward so stands better chance of PB...
    Edit: If he does join united then you'd think he will be changed to a forward as Martial, Rashford and Greenwood all are - so that could boost his chances of PB somewhat

• @Baydog That's the bit for me. To be a premium hold you absolutely need to smash Media but also deliver on PB. I think Sancho, if he goes to Utd, can cream the media for a while and as long as he performs on the pitch that will sustain. But whether that translates to PB wins or not is another thing.... and so is Media enough for that price? Not so sure myself. Then you have the opportunity cost to factor in.

Looks risky at £15 but fair play to those who have £250k locked up in him, that is a scary position to manage. Must be loving the divs right now though.

• @Chris-J My new strategy is to have at least 1 player from each position Gk/Def/Mid/Att for each of the top 5 league teams that are playing in Europe next season if that makes sense. Spreads my bet and gives me a good chance of getting PB and TOTM regularly, but will also mean the Index will be more enjoyable.

• @Marksandygill said in £15 barrier:

@Erased-Citizen So I'm guessing as he managed more goals and assists this season at the age of 20 than Ribery and Robben did for Bayern that you think they were bang average as well?

Not at all as both (especially Robben) proved themselves at a high level with club and country. He may prove me and others wrong and absolutely boss the EPL and the international scene but what I'm getting at is that his price is at a level that suggests he's going to do that; which is no guarantee!

• @TotalPunt said in £15 barrier:

@Baydog That's the bit for me. To be a premium hold you absolutely need to smash Media but also deliver on PB. I think Sancho, if he goes to Utd, can cream the media for a while and as long as he performs on the pitch that will sustain. But whether that translates to PB wins or not is another thing.... and so is Media enough for that price? Not so sure myself. Then you have the opportunity cost to factor in.

Looks risky at £15 but fair play to those who have £250k locked up in him, that is a scary position to manage. Must be loving the divs right now though.

Plus you then have to consider what happens when the media also dies down, like it has a little with Bruno. Once the new toy losses it's shine then the initial MB frenzy for them slows down. I don't see huge value in Sancho personally and at present I feel the same about Bruno. Especially when you see what players and yields you can achieve for more shares in cheaper players.

• @Erased-Citizen said in £15 barrier:

• his price is at a level that suggests he's going to do that; which is no guarantee!

That's it for me. If he moves to united and tears it up, he will be £20 in no time and earning divs on a regular basis and those not on or who got off will be gutted,

However if he doesn't move, doesn't tear it up. gets the shit kicked out of him then he will be back below £10 in no time and those still on will be gutted.

That's the gamble with Sancho, so it comes down to what you believe is the most likely, but their are no guarantees, too many ifs and buts for me. I like the safer bet myself, but don't see it as losing out as I've made good profit already but now I'm just moving my bet. If he ends up £20 who is to say that it was a mistake to get off at £15, it all depends on what I did with that £15 as that investment could by then be worth £30. That's the beauty of the Index, if your profit is rising then there is no wrong strategy, just remember to enjoy the journey.

• @Tikka-Mo-Salah said in £15 barrier:

@Erased-Citizen said in £15 barrier:

• his price is at a level that suggests he's going to do that; which is no guarantee!

That's it for me. If he moves to united and tears it up, he will be £20 in no time and earning divs on a regular basis and those not on or who got off will be gutted,

However if he doesn't move, doesn't tear it up. gets the shit kicked out of him then he will be back below £10 in no time and those still on will be gutted.

That's the gamble with Sancho, so it comes down to what you believe is the most likely, but their are no guarantees, too many ifs and buts for me. I like the safer bet myself, but don't see it as losing out as I've made good profit already but now I'm just moving my bet. If he ends up £20 who is to say that it was a mistake to get off at £15, it all depends on what I did with that £15 as that investment could by then be worth £30. That's the beauty of the Index, if your profit is rising then there is no wrong strategy, just remember to enjoy the journey.

Can't argue with that; pretty much captures it perfectly. I'm in the camp that sees his current price as too much of a gamble.

• @Tikka-Mo-Salah

I am not sure if he hits £20 that 'those not on him will be gutted'.

There seems to be the thought in FI that if you aren't on a player, you begrudge when they do well and want the player to do shit and talk it down.

I don't think that is true. I think if you aren't on a player it lets you be more objective, not less. And those people who think he is a risk at £15 will think he is even more a risk at £20.

• @Tikka-Mo-Salah im not bothered if he goes up or down, i pay his price very little attention now that i no longer hold. I have more confidence that the same money spread over multiple keepers is safer and just as profitable if not more once the keeper PB goes active.

Ive never been more happy with my portfolio than i am now

• I find sancho’s price extremely risky and comparatively terrible value and wouldn’t go near him .
    His long term pb yield is unknown and his mb potential drops off a cliff if he finally signs for United.
    He is priced like he is the next messi Ronaldo and to me he ain’t shown nothing near that level of potential yet.
    Way I look at him is what comparatively you could get elsewhere at the price.
    I was able to get a combination of Haaland , Pulisic , kubo and de licht plus a couple of keepers for 15 quid. All young potential long term guys with massive potential.
    I would bet my life savings that that crew will return far more yield and combined cap app then sancho over the next 3 years. I reckon Pulisic alone could easily end up the better player and the bigger world star in next couple of years. The fig panda and don etc are forever making out that sancho is the holy grail of assets holds and are in effect pumping him to the uninitiated Brainwashing the sheep to follow, I don’t see it and think the mb spike , once transfer is complete ,will see a realisation of the unsustainable value gap he is currently at to others on the index with a market correction following. He is a good player but maradona he ain’t!

• @TotalPunt said in £15 barrier:

So Sancho smashed through this while the forum had the painters in.

Do we think this is good for the rest of the platform, in that it will drag the rest of the prices up? Or is it mainly cash being moved from other holdings into Sancho? Nearly a £5 gap to Bruno and Mbappe now.

On Sancho specifically, do people still think he is value? One good thread on twitter I read with people trying to value him and majority pinning his price over £20. What happens if Utd move doesn't happen though!!

Wouldn’t believe a word the Twitter boys say. Massively vested interests in pumping and dumping players. You can almost say “if the Twitterati are pumping them- Run”.
    I got out of Sancho couple months ago. Way too much risk at that price. For a 3 year hold he’s probably safe. But if he’s doesn’t move to UTD- he drops massively. If does go to Man Utd and proves to be no better than Greenwood, Rashford, Bruno- he drops massively. So after this transfer speculation is over it could get messy.

• @Valhalla I’m not sure Big Don and Panda will dump him, they simply won’t be able to get out due to the volume they hold. I understand people holding him in that sort of volume as the daily dividends they’re earning is eye watering. For those guys he is a 3 year hold.

It’s those buying 1-300 currently who will get burned the most if you buying in those sort of low numbers you can’t afford to drop 50p-£2 without it wiping your profit out.

I don’t think he’s under or over priced personally, I can’t afford to be on him with a decent enough position to make it worth my while tying up that much cash.

• I see fig and panda will be doing their best to pump sancho again tonight, utterly cringeworthy.
    You might aswell call them mr and mrs sancho.

• I don't hold him as he's just too expensive for me but would the move to Utd not happening be a bad thing? If he doesn't move then it surely just means the same transfer hype next window. Unless of course he goes somewhere else, in which case yeah I think would be a disaster.

As for his price crashing, well I suppose that depends on how you define price. I don't think his Market Value will crash as I think it's just not possible to do that now seeing as shares can only be sold between us, a small dip of a quid or so might happen but that's all. However could the price you can actually sell him for crash, absolutely. At the moment the spread is pretty tight but if he doesn't start well then that could easily stretch out to a few quid in no time at all.