Alex Ox advice

• Anyone else miss the injury last night and left holding a bunch of futures in the red? What will you do now? Hold long-term and wait for the recovery? Don't really want to sell at a big loss

• Unless he comes back from injury before the world cup there is no logical reason for his price to rise before August. He will not be transfered and will be unlikely to be in the news for any other reason.

In August he should rise back up again if he starts the season playing well, and gets in the team ahead of Keita.

Do you think you can make more money with the funds you would free up? If you do then sell up and go for someone else.

Look at the money you have in the ox and think 'If I had that much money now would I buy him or someone else?' If the answer is someone else then sell and buy that player. If the answer is the ox keep him.

• Of course if you really like him and he does come back before the WC then this might be the best time to buy more!

• Looks like he'll miss the world cup. Don't be scared to sell in the red as like @Ozzlebert says you will probably be best served by moving your funds into someone else. Ox will probably fall even further.

He will recover eventually though, just depends on how long you're willing to wait.

• According to the LFC forums he's out for 9 months!

That's not official mind, but still, I'd leave it alone.

• He's definitely done a knee ligament I said it last night when it happened to my mate. Knee ligaments are nasty will be out for quite a while. Probably miss start of next season.

• Who do we think would be his replacement for WC?

• @Ozzlebert I'd think about freeing up the funds and scoring some WC bargains I spotted a few and sold up

• If he drops to a bargain price I'll jump straight on I don't mind waiting a year at the right price

• @Mazza-magic I don't hold any. Never have done just offering my opinion!

I don't see him as a great player for dividends, doesnt score enough goals or make enough passes to score high on PB. He's in the same catagory of players as De Bruyne for me. Good/great players that will be highly unlikely to return much in the way of dividends due to their style of play.

Personally I'd stay clear even if he dropped to £1. Better options out there. If he's out for even 6 months then you should wait until a month before he's back to buy. Dead money before then.

• Thanks for the replies all

• @Lizzle said in Alex Ox advice:

Who do we think would be his replacement for WC?

I would say if fit it cements wilshire and also Lewis cook with a long odds shout for Shelvey.

• @Ozzlebert said in Alex Ox advice:

@Mazza-magic I don't hold any. Never have done just offering my opinion!

I don't see him as a great player for dividends, doesnt score enough goals or make enough passes to score high on PB. He's in the same catagory of players as De Bruyne for me. Good/great players that will be highly unlikely to return much in the way of dividends due to their style of play.

Personally I'd stay clear even if he dropped to £1. Better options out there. If he's out for even 6 months then you should wait until a month before he's back to buy. Dead money before then.

To be fair , KDB was £4 .....

I would wait to hear the diagnosis for definite. One month before he is due to return would be too late though if you are buying back. In fact I'd go as far as saying that is literally the worst possible time you could buy - he will have risen in value but no guarantee of an immediate comeback (players can be a month before returning for a long time).

Well OK ... buying just before the match yesterday was the worst time but you get the point.

• @mike778 with an injury at any other time I'd agree with you but with the transfer season and WC I can't see the steady trickle that you normally see with returning players.

I bought Jesus just after his injury and he rose pretty much every week by 1-2p. The moment it was announced he was fit I sold up. I would advise this as a normal stratagy for injured players as I think you are also implying.

I just think with the opportunities coming up it would be better to wait. Actually I think it would be better to just buy someone else but I have been wrong before!

• @Ozzlebert said in Alex Ox advice:

@mike778 with an injury at any other time I'd agree with you but with the transfer season and WC I can't see the steady trickle that you normally see with returning players.

I bought Jesus just after his injury and he rose pretty much every week by 1-2p. The moment it was announced he was fit I sold up. I would advise this as a normal stratagy for injured players as I think you are also implying.

I just think with the opportunities coming up it would be better to wait. Actually I think it would be better to just buy someone else but I have been wrong before!

I'm not saying buy now.

If he is out to the end of the season then he is basically just the same as any other player dropping with no WC or transfer speculation. I probably wouldn't bother as there will be other safer players who will rise approaching the season.

If he is out to say Jan - rumours of a 9 month injury then the last thing you should do is to buy a month before. Buying 4 months or so would put you in a nice position for a rise as he approaches fitness. Buying in December and you miss most of the rise and still take on the risk.

• @mike778 don't disagree at all, I would do exactly as you say if I was interested in him.

The month before was a bit of a throw away comment based on the 6 months I mentioned in my post which would have put the purchase around the end of the transfer window.

• @Ozzlebert as I said if the price is right

• @Lizzle maybe puts Lewis Cook in for a place? Or does it drop Dele Alli deeper and allow sterling, Rashford and another attacking option to play? Maybe Wilshere?

• It opens the door to Jonjo Shelvey ;)

• @John-Renwick said in Alex Ox advice:

@Lizzle maybe puts Lewis Cook in for a place? Or does it drop Dele Alli deeper and allow sterling, Rashford and another attacking option to play? Maybe Wilshere?

Its one of the mysteries of the index that if lewis cook made the squad he would see a price rise despite his estimated dividend yield for next 6 months being 0p.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.