IPD v CAP

• I am approaching my first batch of shares reaching the 30 day mark, where they won't be eligible for IPDs anymore.

However I bought the shares at a good price and although I can cash in some CAP now, I still think there is further growth in them.

In my example I have 50 Kimmich shares reaching 30 days, I bought them at an average of £4.70. I can IS them for around £4.80 (£4.85, earlier today).

Is it better to hold for further CAP or sell and refresh the IPDs with the same or even another player?

Appreciate your thoughts!

• @Number5
    Depends on player ... while the ipd bonus is on It makes sense to flip keepers and strikers for example if they have fixtures a plenty in 30 days and u can get out at a decent spread . Each player needs to be looked at individually it’s not A simple one strategy fits all is my view

• @Number5
    For example I would not flip kimmich but I would neur

• Not a lot of point holding players a that sort of price for the purpose of flipping
    it would cost you 2% to sell thats roughly 9p per share meaning it would almost take a gold day win - or a silver days win and IPDs from a couple of assists or goals before you return any profit
    If i had him hed be a long term hold that i would look to pick up divs from from TOTM and the odd PB Win here and there - this strategy becoms harder at these sorts of prices from the end of sept when the cost of flipping the same player will be 4%

EDITED Cos some of it was bollocks

• @Advinculas-Index said in IPD v CAP:

Not a lot of point holding players a that sort of price for the purpose of flipping
    it would cost you 4% to sell and then buy back thats roughly 18p per share meaning it would almost take 2 gold day wins - or a gold days win and IPDs from a couple of assists or goals before you return any profit
    If i had him hed be a long term hold that i would look to pick up divs from from TOTM and the odd PB Win here and there

I’m looking at doing this on some if the spread is reasonable or a good performance in one match shortens the spread. However, isn’t it just 2% as you don’t pay commission for buying at market price and you currently still don’t pay for ME bids or have I missed something?

• @Erased-Citizen

you are quite correct (it will be 4% at the end of Sept) i will edit my note above accordingly

• I'd agree that it is very much player dependent.. Personally I would not be looking at a player over £1.50 - £2 at a push for IPD purposes... I have just bought Reguilon and en-nesryi on their goals as they will pay me 5-10% in a quick hit, and both hold future value so low risk...

My approach for IPD promo is to buy approximately half of what I would generally look at as a hold (when they score), and when the IPDs are paid I will then start buying them on ME for hopefully 20% less than market price in the following days to bring down my hold price. Then on their next spike I will sell the initial shares in profit and hold at the lower value on shares paid for by IPD

• Really tough times at the moment to try and flip players for IPD - even with the 5p payout. I have held widmer and Ocampos prior to tonight's matches and tried to market sell them to buy back to gain off the IPD. Haven't been able to shift either of them which means either the sell queue is very large or people just aren't buying.

• @Number5 There’s no one size fits all answer and every player should be evaluated on their own merits. To me the cap app, PB and TOTM potential of Kimmich, this month especially, massively outweighs the IPD returns when you take into account what it would cost to refresh the shares. I’d hold for now.

• Thanks all for your replies

So after the event, last I checked I could have sold Kimmich for around £4.80 before the game. Now after the game he is available around £4.40 on ME.

Based on that would I have been better of selling and buying back, 40p less and refreshed my IPDs? Obviously this is because he didn't get any returns in the Chelsea game, could easily have gone the other way.

I just want to make sure I am not missing anything and my logic is correct for future decisions.

• @Number5 could have gone the other way though, had he scored and been top mid his price would have rocketed. With him currently covering Pavards injury worth topping up ready for next season when he’ll be back in midfield.

I don’t have the funds to buy in, but with that ME price it would be worth it.

• @Sav2000 If I was to top up 50 say today. Then before the game once his IS bids go up and sell 50. Will it sell my oldest first?

• @Number5 it always sells your oldest first