Kane

• What’s people’s views on Kane at present?

I won sod all in divs tonight but did get £170 from £5 on the footy. Very tempted to go in on Kane through ME as he seems crazily low at the minute and has EPL, Euros, EPL, World Cup. So could get some immediate profit and then more when he rises.

Is he a good buy for PB (seems he has to score twice to get near 200) as clearly he’ll be good for some MB with Euros and World Cup?

Has anyone on here done well out of holding him? I did also debate De Bruyne but Pep roulette puts me off.

• @Erased-Citizen out of the two you mentioned I have gone for KDB. Tbh I have not actually considered Kane so far.

• @Number5 said in Kane:

@Erased-Citizen out of the two you mentioned I have gone for KDB. Tbh I have not actually considered Kane so far.

It’s just the whole pep thing that’s stopping me with him. Plus apart from Neymar I’m a little shy on MB players in my port. Did have Bruno pencilled in but much like Sancho, I think his price is a little too high for me and I think now he’s settled the media aren’t going to be as fascinated with him and he’s potentially going to be sharing the spotlight for PB and MB with Sancho, Pogba, Greenwood and Rashford.

• I hold 100 Kanes and sadly no KDB, I think they are both good holds though.

Short term (6 months to a year) I think KDB is the better hold as he'll win you more dividends on PB. I wouldn't worry too much about Pep roulette. He's their best player in my opinion and if he's fit he tends to play. His PB is great.

Long term (1 year +) I think Kane is the better hold. Either Spurs will improve this year and he'll make Champions League, which should provide a good boost to his value, or they won't make it and he'll finally realise he's wasting his career and start pushing for a big money move, which should result in a nice lot of MB. Plus there are the Euro's next year and as England Captain he should again be in the news.

My 100 Kane's have scored me £246.80 in dividends for an outlay of £530. I'm honestly not sure what time period that's over but looking at the price I paid and his graph I'd say maybe 14 or 15 months. So even if he's not winning much now the potential is definitely there.

So I'd probably go 50/50 and buy a few of both. Always good to diversify.

• @Erased-Citizen to be honest I don't look into the whole Pep thing too much. I have Mahrez, Jesus, Cancelo, Kdb, Ederson and soon Sterling. If one is not doing it, the other one is. But they all end up getting their fair share across the season...well I hope!

I do also have Neymar, but not Sancho, Pogba, Bruno etc. I mainly target PB rather than MB players.

• @Erased-Citizen struggling to load the email FI sent yesterday about the top div earners, but pretty sure Kane was in the top 10 for the last year. Ticks all the boxes for me. He's my favourite hold. Wins divs, possible transfer spec, England captain with Euros next year, good age, fair bit cheaper than the top end so chance of good cap app too. Very few downsides that I can think of.

• @GDS said in Kane:

I hold 100 Kanes and sadly no KDB, I think they are both good holds though.

Short term (6 months to a year) I think KDB is the better hold as he'll win you more dividends on PB. I wouldn't worry too much about Pep roulette. He's their best player in my opinion and if he's fit he tends to play. His PB is great.

Long term (1 year +) I think Kane is the better hold. Either Spurs will improve this year and he'll make Champions League, which should provide a good boost to his value, or they won't make it and he'll finally realise he's wasting his career and start pushing for a big money move, which should result in a nice lot of MB. Plus there are the Euro's next year and as England Captain he should again be in the news.

My 100 Kane's have scored me £246.80 in dividends for an outlay of £530. I'm honestly not sure what time period that's over but looking at the price I paid and his graph I'd say maybe 14 or 15 monhts. So even if he's not winning much now the potential is definitely there.

So I'd probably go 50/50 and buy a few of both. Always good to diversify.

Good point. I could go for 50 in each instead of 100 in Kane. Then try get them both up to 100 just before season starts.

• @Number5 said in Kane:

@Erased-Citizen to be honest I don't look into the whole Pep thing too much. I have Mahrez, Jesus, Cancelo, Kdb, Ederson and soon Sterling. If one is not doing it, the other one is. But they all end up getting their fair share across the season...well I hope!

I do also have Neymar, but not Sancho, Pogba, Bruno etc. I mainly target PB rather than MB players.

I’m the same in terms of being more towards PB, especially now with the introduction of TOTM but just wanted to add a couple more in alongside Neymar to give me a little more diversity as you regularly hear that diversity is key and I have most bases covered but not MB.

• @Mintyfresh They were both on it. Kane won £0.80 MB and £0.11 PB while De Bruyne got £0.04 MB and £0.48 PB. I think De Bruyne might pick up a bit more Media this year as the papers are really starting to realise just how important to Man City he is, but sadly he's just a bit dull. If only he was a twat he'd be the best player on the Index!

• @Erased-Citizen i am still working on few more players for my GK and PB port. Once I have them, I will probably try to cover the MB area as well.

• @Number5 said in Kane:

@Erased-Citizen i am still working on few more players for my GK and PB port. Once I have them, I will probably try to cover the MB area as well.

I’ve been looking at adding two or three more keepers to the 14 I already have but it’s hard to know which ones to go for. Currently eyeing up Musso, Pope and another.

• @Erased-Citizen I would go with KDB personally, I don't see the need to get on Kane right now personally i would want to see how he and more importantly spurs are looking at the start of the season. Harry Kane is good but then you have Jose in charge going for 1nil or 2nil wins all the time never really opening up, like i say i would want to have a look at spurs before investing any money after all they were pretty awful by their own standards this season just gone. Harry Kane is up there with the best finishers in the world but he needs 2+ goals to get close to the star man on gold days, on top of that you if your holding him with any serious money involved then you most likely will be compelled to watch thursday night europa league football, having just gone through that this season with utd i would not recommend it, awful to watch.

KDB on the other hand is a quality player (possible up there to be the best in the EPL) his PB speaks for itself. As far a pep roulette goes i am not saying that he doesn't get rotated but its a lot less then others, out of all of them KDB is almost bullet proof.

But as number 5 says spreading it around the city team is not a bad idea, but you can do a lot worse then go for their creative heart , man got like 20+ assists breaking records and that and he is like £5 with a UCL still to go x5 IPDs inc assists which as stated he is dame good at plus goals as well. Then a full season in an attacking team that should be going for it another UCL and then the euros. The only downside is his age he cant be considered young but he is 29 and right in his prime he will blatantly get a new deal at city so that will see him through till at least 32 or more so just treat yourself to 3 years of dividends. I did not even mention TOTM, did you see him come from absolutely fucking nowhere to take down top spot with 2 less games to do it in then most of those serie A guys hakan and de paul inc. Granted he did go on a massive PB drought for a while mid season but he was well unlucky really, i remember one where rodri did him by 1 point when hit a 300+ score so did rodri but his last kick of the game a sideways pass just did him. Then you had Haverts-KDB gate the other month, but to be fair he smashed it at the begining of the season and at the end. And he is a quid cheaper the Kane if your market buying.

btw i did say to you to get on when he was about 4.60 but i think you said it was too risky or he was too old or didn't he have a bad injury (year like 2 years ago) something like that and went for gnabry instead. Honestly i feel that you are making the same mistake again if you go for Kane as i think its more likely that Kane's career trajectory will stagnate at spurs for most of the season (unless they come back a changed team stranger things have happened) with a bit of a peak at the euros then best case scenario is he forces a transfer but event then it would likely be out of the EPL if things at spurs are still not good but that's a year away. At least with KDB is on the up right now. Man could be UCL champion in a couple of weeks and that means a sheadload of media, whats Kane gonna be doing, nothing, looking up places in Kazakhstan where he might have to play next season.

For me
    KDB over Kane all day long and its not even close.

• @Erased-Citizen I have 65 keepers I think lol. I have both Musso and Pope, also probably have the other one too! I think Musso is one going under the radar a bit.

• @Erased-Citizen both great holds IMO

• @Chris-C I think I’m gonna have KDB but I’m still tempted to hold some Kane, even just to make some profit by him being so low at present. You can make 70p a share instantly on ME. Plus you say about Mourinho negative football but he’s changed his style of management I think of late and just look at what Kane did when the season returned from Covid; Kane smashed it with 7 goals in 8 games.

• I’ve held Kane for about 7 months only a 100 but that’s my limit on premium holds and earned £76 dividends. He’s currently way off his peak and can be picked up at a massive discount on ME so I think he’s better long term value.

He has Euros as captain at what is really a home tournament and transfer speculation (again) when Spurs don’t win anything.

I also think KDB is a good hold (don’t hold), short term he’s more likely to win dividends and gain CA due to City in Champions league.

• I will get some in both but at present I’ve just gone for Kane as you can pick him up for 70p under his market price which is awesome value.

• Great time to buy as Spurs have no PB fixtures in August and he’s not likely to move clubs this window, so his price has dipped as a result.

Once the season gets going, Jose will play him every week, he’ll score plenty of goals and he’ll rise again. If Spurs have a good season, it’ll be because he’s on fire. If not, the media will write about how Jose isn’t getting the best out of him and Kane wants to leave etc.

Plus there are the Euros in 2021 and World Cup in 2022.

• @GDS KDB's class. Arguably the best player in the PL. I don't hold, although I had him on my short list when he was quite a bit cheaper, but everyone used to say it was because his game didn't suit the matrix. I waited, he won PB a couple of times in quick succession, price rocketed and I decided to go elsewhere at that point.

Wouldn't blame anyone for holding though, as he was one of the top div earners last year. Just think it's interesting that people say KDB is a good div earner but Kane isn't, yet Kane won nearly double the amount last year. Just think he's a bit under appreciated for some reason.

• @Mintyfresh Kane's dividends mostly came from Media while KDB's nearly all came from PB. That's why I think it's not a bad idea to hold both as it gives you different ways of getting the win. If only KDB wasn't as dull as dishwater he'd be one of the best holds. At 29 I don't seem him getting a big move else so I think you can knock that on the head in terms of media appeal. If however he has another good season I think there may be a bit of a media narrative about whether he will finally get the Player of the Year seeing as he's missed out the last couple of years. However that's probably only good enough for a couple of wins towards the end of the season and isn't something I'd count on.

I think the decision depends on the rest of your portfolio and how long you want to hold for. I think Kane will mop up the Media points next summer, especially if he stays injury free.