Sancho

• Sold my futures but he keeps rising. Surely he can't go on like this?!

• He's 14!!!!!! just wait until he reaches pubity!!!! those futures will keep rising until he's an England regular!!!!

• He is 18 by the way....dannypea is just taking the piss.....

• @NewUser108933 said in Sancho:

Sold my futures but he keeps rising. Surely he can't go on like this?!

The example of Sessegnon suggests otherwise. Sancho is an 18yo English talent playing and scoring for a Champions League club. I think it's pretty understandable that people are investing early, because if he has a good year next season there'll be inevitable links with big English teams.

• On a serious note.... ANY young English player that is playing regularly, attracting buzz through form or that is hotly tipped to do big stuff within the next three years is always going to attract us as investors as they should in theory keep rising in price (as long as they play well).

I don't see selling futures in Sancho as a bad move because he might take longer to rise as much again but at 2.09 he certainly offers value from a longevity growth point of view.

My only concern is that we as fans and those in the media tend to 'over inflate' our home grown youngsters by acclaiming seemingly anyone under 21 and playing regularly (or not) to be the 'next best thing'.... It's a dangerous game when investing because we turn on them just as quickly when they don't prove to 'be all that'... Just look at Ross Barkley for example 'the next Gazza' who is at his lowest FI price ever whilst sitting on the bench as an unused sub each week?

That could easily be a Sancho or a Sessegnon within your three year hold?

• @dannypea All very true; I guess that the key differential with this generation (Sancho, Foden, Brewster etc.) is that they have really shown some star quality in the u17 World Cup. There's a good number of real talents in there; and surely we can hope that one or two of them make it to super-stardom!

• I remember Julian Joachim being the star attraction in the early 1990s when we (England) won the European U18 Championships then... Robbie Fowler, Paul Scholes, The Nevilles, Nicky Butt... All in the squad but it was Joachim everyone raved about.....

Now i'm not saying he had a bad career but (like Darren Caskey who scored in the final) he never played for England (he actually now coaches and still plays at a Step 6 club near me) so at 17 what would his IPO have been??? £2 or £3 perhaps??? I'm sure that would have soon dropped to Saido Berahino levels by the time he left Villa for Coventry???

• @dannypea said in Sancho:

I remember Julian Joachim being the star attraction in the early 1990s when we (England) won the European U18 Championships then... Robbie Fowler, Paul Scholes, The Nevilles, Nicky Butt... All in the squad but it was Joachim everyone raved about.....

Now i'm not saying he had a bad career but (like Darren Caskey who scored in the final) he never played for England (he actually now coaches and still plays at a Step 6 club near me) so at 17 what would his IPO have been??? £2 or £3 perhaps??? I'm sure that would have soon dropped to Saido Berahino levels by the time he left Villa for Coventry???

But I think you've answered your own question there. If you spread some cash over this group of youngsters, there's a very decent chance of getting a few gems like Fowler or Scholes who really hit world-class levels. I think the investment in Sancho, Sessegnon, Foden, Brewster, Nelson etc. is exactly this: people taking a bit of a punt on players who could really shine and hit £5+ in the current market. Some of this group might go the way of Joachim but the losses will be more than offset by being early aboard the next Scholes.

• There are a few good 20 year olds I have brought a few futures in that should start breaking into first team football next season I like alena at Barca and Messi confirmed it to apparently

• I like harry Wilson to got a feeling about that lad and his doing the buzz at hull

• @playingcards1

I sort of get you but that would be spreading your risk on a portfolio of players that might not even win you a dividend within your three years... This is just me.. I would rather back a player I believe in then just 'guess' that one of five players that have won the U20 WC will come good!

I no doubt think they'll be players who do make it and have great careers... But history tells us they'll be a fair few that don't too...

• He’s a poor mans Ben Woodburn

• @dannypea I been on here 3 weeks only joined to invest in kenedy brought 200 and he is 30 up a share pavon got at 99p now 116 gelsonmartins up 20p golovin upv18p got a hundred in each and small in lots of others I'd say I trust myself to spot a bargain! 8 in divvys to so I'm happy I just want to off load Ronaldo

• Starting up front for the injured Batshuayi in the last game. 3 games to go...if he keeps netting and providing assists, outside chance for the England World Cup squad...he was incredible against Leverkusen the other day. No doubt he would have been called up to the last squad had he not got injured. If he keeps playing like this for Dortmund there will be English clubs queuing up to sign him next year. I reckon £5 player next season.

• I’m definitely buying shares in Sancho next season. Personally I don’t think he’ll make the squad this year and I think his value will dip a bit in the summer. That’s when I choose to jump on. However if his price doesn’t fall and continues to rise, I’ll still buy in and just take it as a learning curve. Either way I have no doubt he’ll keep gaining in value. Still young, gonna get more game time next season and lots of potential. I think in the euros squad is realistic and with a share being 3 years and euros being 2 years away, I think he’s worth a go!

• @Dale-Winton I got 10 in him and I think his double his money soon

• He's potentially a strong media buzz in the future with his progress also.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.