Sancho to Stay?

• It seems the deadline was passed for Man Utd to buy Sancho and it looks like he's going to stay: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53721186

Perhaps it's a negotiating tactic, maybe not. I think for his own development it's probably for the best as it's a young side, playing good football and he's bound to get more assists with Haaland up front. There's no rush for him or Dortmund.

But... what will happen to the price?

• Will be an interesting one, it could actually yield more dividends for holders if the 'will he won't he' goes on for a full year!

Short term though his price will drop without the move, I can't see it going below £14 but you might get a large spread at some stage.

• @Mere-Mortal I’d say staying... as the reports/quotes say...would require Utd shifting a lot of deadwood...made harder by Euro games still going on.

• His price will obviously drop now cuz his PB scores are crap! Looks like Dortmund weren’t fucking around when they set utd the deadline of 10th August! People will have no choice but to instant sell now or already have. I could be wrong but that’s just my opinion bou his price

• He won't return much in PB once this story is dead. It's a lot of money tied up for not much returns.

You can buy now at nearly a £1 less on the spread & I still wouldn't bother spending £14

• If he stays at Dortmund his risk increases as although it will generate some MB (not much over the next 12 months) his premium price will be dependant upon him going to Man United.

What happens if Man United fail to qualify for next seasons CL? Will he still go there or will be end up going to Liverpool/Chelsea/RM/Bayern even back to Man City?

• I don't hold but believe the story will go on a while yet. How many times did the Bruno deal appear dead back in January?

There are two months of the transfer window left. Holders will collect decent divs to cover a drop in price and the rumours could start again in January.

• Highly risky hold now, with the Utd move totally priced in to his buy price. All those saying it's great he's staying this summer really need to think very carefully...

What if he never moves to Utd? Any move to any other club could see drops on scale we haven't seen since Griezmann. Utd could also buy someone else instead, which would further diminish chances of Sancho joining.

Fair play to those keeping hold, but keep eyes wide open!

• @Hotspur if Manchester United move for Sarr, Grealish or some other player & they prove a success we may never go in for Sancho.

£15 is a lot of cash for someone if they don't have the media appeal of being at Manchester United.

It's not like he's a young Messi & rips up PB is it.

• @Ericali he has a long career ahead of him providing nothing awful happens to him. Given we have the Euros and a World Cup in quick succession, he could be a national hero in some form, keeping my money in him for the time being at least.

• @Leo-G same applies to Greenwood. £5 is a massive price difference and my money feels safer with the lower priced one who is already at Utd.

• I'm not convinced Sancho even starts in a 100% fit England front line.

You have to assume the captain (Kane) keeps his place barring injury & Sterling at 25 isn't going away anytime soon.

So it leaves one position open & Rashford, Sancho or Greenwood all vying for it.

And that's best case ruling out playing Foden or Grealish playing as part of the front 3.

• Agree that if he doesnt move to United its a blow as the price is factored in.

I wouldn't read too much into this 'new' news tho. Just tactics in the negotiations.

We all know United will jus F around and then just pay the full amount at the end

• It's interesting the furore over Sancho's price when the likes of Mbappe and Greenwood are around the £10 mark having made 8p and 0p respectively in PB divs this season! Sancho only made 15p but at least he returned a crap load more in MB...

• @Ericali as much as I rate Rashford, he isn't as natural a winger as Sancho. You'd imagine in the next few years if Sancho keeps developing at his current rate he will be in that front three. But, he could struggle with form due to the pressure of the price tag - so many things could happen. Or Rashford could be on shit hot form and keep doing good job out wide because he is good there, just not sure if he is as natural a wide player as Sancho.

• @Hotspur certainly a lot of merit to that especially if he gets an England call up soon as well, but is that already factored into his current price?

• The problem is most users weren’t buying at £10+ for 12 months of steady dividends, they wanted a 1 or 2 month long MB storm that could be cashed out of quickly.

The majority were never in this for the long-haul that it has now become.

• @howsthebacon said in Sancho to Stay?:

@Ericali as much as I rate Rashford, he isn't as natural a winger as Sancho. You'd imagine in the next few years if Sancho keeps developing at his current rate he will be in that front three. But, he could struggle with form due to the pressure of the price tag - so many things could happen. Or Rashford could be on shit hot form and keep doing good job out wide because he is good there, just not sure if he is as natural a wide player as Sancho.

You cant tell, I’d have a big bet that rashford would have scored a lot of goals and assist if he played for dortmund instead of jose at utd.
    Time will tell.

I really think the index values him more than actual pro’s in real life.

Shearer has already said greenwood will be England’s leading scorer, is he on the time line while sancho’ s transfer is happening - no.....

Rashford and greenwood are priceless at utd.

• @Chris-J said in Sancho to Stay?:

The problem is most users weren’t buying at £10+ for 12 months of steady dividends, they wanted 1 or 2 month long MB storm that could cash out of quickly.

The majority were never in this for the long-haul that it has now become.

^^^
    This is a very good point

• @Marksandygill said in Sancho to Stay?:

It's interesting the furore over Sancho's price when the likes of Mbappe and Greenwood are around the £10 mark having made 8p and 0p respectively in PB divs this season! Sancho only made 15p but at least he returned a crap load more in MB...

MB tends to come to players like trends though it doesnt stick to a specific player like PB. MB is not guaranteed to a player forever. MB kings of the past have been Ibrahimovic, Salah, Neymar then Pogba in that order i believe and so far once the limelight fades it hasnt returned. Im not saying this will happen to Sancho im just pointing out the limelight doesnt always last forever and no one can deny he has done very well lately