Trouble logging into the forum from android mobile app!

• @Ddr ah appreciate the advice. Do you have a different password for the forum and for general FI login? If not then I think I have tried this and it didn't work but will certainly try it again.

• @FI_Gump I was certain they were the same but it wouldnt log in so I changed it to what I thought it was and hey presto, also it wouldnt generate an email to me to reset it via the link so was glad when the above worked

• @Ddr I've just tried this and it worked! not been able to access the forum on the app since I joined but can now, nice one 👍

• @FI_Gump You could also try going to the website in your mobile browser (Chrome) at www.footballindex.co.uk. Login to the website and then scroll to the bottom and find the link to the forum. You should then retain your FI login and be able to post?

• @FI_Gump I saw your post last night while I was on mobile but was unable to respond because I have this exact problem! I've had this issue since first signing up to the forums a year ago. I get the same error and everything.
    I have tried many different things to fix it and nothing works, I've also discovered that when I try to reset my password I receive no password reset email, so there's nothing I can do about it from my end.

I am pretty much resigned to the fact that I can only post from desktop, which is very frustrating while browsing the forums on mobile at work. If you do find a fix please PM me, I'll make sure to do the same.

• I can only access it via a bookmark on mobile saved from old website log in...

Can't log in via app

And now seems can't log in via website on desktop like I used to...

• @DillyDong This is exactly the issue I am having. I have managed to log onto the website on my mobile browser as @Metropolis said above and can access and post the forum from there. I tried to change my password for the forum on the desktop website but when I tried to enter the current password it almost looks like I don't have one as it wouldn't let me enter anything! Also I don't appear to be able to log out of the forum on desktop even when I log out of FI account. Did you raise this with FI?

• @Westy I saw you have started a new thread with regard to issues with the forum, could this be added to the list if you do send it to FI?

• @FI_Gump leave the current password blank and just try entering a new password, that worked for me

• @FI_Gump

Looks to me as if you are half way to the solution I use.

Log onto FI via the web browser, then use the web browser options (like new tab, favourites etc) and select "save to home screen". You then get a shortcut icon on your home screen, I then move this icon to a location I prefer, for me next to the FI app.

The shortcut should remain logged into FI and you can read and post to your heart's content.

• @Martyn-B said in Trouble logging into the forum from android mobile app!:

@FI_Gump

Log onto FI via the web browser, then use the web browser options (like new tab, favourites etc) and select "save to home screen". You then get a shortcut icon on your home screen, I then move this icon to a location I prefer, for me next to the FI app.

The shortcut should remain logged into FI and you can read and post to your heart's content.

YES do this to use on mobile and put shortcut in a folder with FI / FI scout etc. Yes its annoying you can't go straight from the app but you can use on mobile this way.

• PS i forgot to mention the app has always been shite

• @Tikka-Mo-Salah @Martyn-B This is me replying from the mobile website shortcut, looks like this is the best it is going to get. Thanks for your help 👍

• @FI_Gump NP glad you can at least use your mobile to get on now. Hopefully they will sort the app out at some point.

@FI_Gump

@Londoner Have you tried the above to get access to the forum on your phone?

@Martyn-B said in Trouble logging into the forum from android mobile app!:

@FI_Gump

@Londoner Have you tried the above to get access to the forum on your phone?

It's only the app where it's read only. As I cannot log out with the website from my Android phone or the laptop, I don't want to add a third option. I'm good, but thanks.

• @FI_Gump same here..I’ve just got a new iPhone,can log in on via desktop but not through the app.. doesn’t even send me an email when I asked to reset password...prior to the upgraded phone I had no issues whatsoever.... odd & painful.

• @OneBigHoliday seems like a few people have the same issue. I am using the forum via the mobile website as discussed a bit earlier in the thread. It seems to be working fine and nearly as good as having it on the app. I did report this the FI CS but no help really. Can't imagine it is top of their priorities at the moment.