the upside and downside of a diverse port

• ive just been looking over the recent pb winners over on footy index scout. Now i knew id been doing pretty well for divs recently but was surprised to see id had 15 pb wins since july 25th. Now 3 of those were from Lukaku ( he seems to be getting better with age). Nice to see that money coming in but on the downside i have few shares in a lot of players so the payouts are never huge That was my plan so cant complain. i dont consider myself experienced enough to put a lot on fewer players though this might change. I am tending more and more to move away from the youth to proven pb players. i especially like those around the £1 / £2 mark. Pulgar/hakan etc.
    wondering how others approach dividends?

for now anyway thanks to the following:
    lukaku (x3)
    reguilon
    pulgar
    bruno
    bastoni
    sandro
    lenglet
    castillejo
    chiesa
    alberto
    barrow
    kulusevski
    ronaldo

• I'm only new but I'm generally a pretty cautious person so I'm all about having a diverse portfolio. Yeah, you'll only get small dividends here and there but I'm not expecting any different, it should all add up and it leaves at lower risk when certain players start dropping rapidly (I'm looking at you Sancho).

And agreed on Lukaku, hovered over buying him before the last two Inter games and obviously regret not doing it. When Serie A kicks off I'll definitely be making an investment at some point.

• i think you've made the right choice with diversification. Different types of holds: pb// youth/ media /transfer spec. i was always told it was a good idea to have a solid spine to built around. the dependables like mbappe bruno etc. i would put sancho in that group though beginning to have my doubts. funnily enough i got one share in him to make sure i got at least something coming in every day. its worked on that front. My favourite holds so far though have been hakan/pulgar/guerrero/barrow. i get more satisfaction from seeing those guys do well knowing what i paid. i wish you well. ive just worked out how many players have paid me something in divs ( even if its 1p for 1 tracker share in ipds). 85 and counting

• mind you i still dont think ive got a port particularly directed towards divs though the percentage of profit is now creeping up to 22% and the percentage value of port 2.59%

• I'm with you on the wider spread of players, ideally I'd like 3 from each top team and then just add to those as I can!
    I find it insulates me a bit more from having more in a player who has a bad season!

• @Marksandygill i find there is a great aspect of having a lot of players . it gives way more scope to top up on the ME as you can instantly see the highest bid. ive got to be braver on some of the ones who havent done so well recently but i know are quality. the likes of Rashica/Harit. id put Brekalo in that bag too but only got one share in him

• I'm a Lukaku holder and he hasn't been available for IPD for me since the return and I'm holding a slight loss (excluding divs) due to his COVID drop. I think he's been a solid hold particularly over this period of Gold Days where there are two-three games per day. At the moment, with the chances Inter are creating, Lukaku is scoring more often than not and has racking up some solid scores. He's had two gold day and one bronze day top forward wins in the last two weeks. For me, he's earned over 12% in Divs since late January, which for a forward who relies on goals to boost his score is pretty strong.

Looking ahead you have Inter in the Champions League next year, hopefully the Euro's going ahead where he will start for Belgium and Inter with a good chance of edging Juventus in the title race. I'm hoping he's going to have a steady rise from the start of next season through to summer 2021. If you can use ME to get on at sub-2 quid I think he offers good returns for your money.

• @CptMorgan i agree on this. yeah im on 12.3% in tems of divs for price paid and up a i little on him. in general im getting increasingly drawn to inter in terms of value. just picked up some Biraghi on the matching engine for 30 p

• Having a diverse port is a bit of a "slow and steady" approach. I'm risk-averse generally so it suits me, and better yet, it's enjoyable on match days to see many of my players competing for divs. And while those div wins may not be huge, they add up! Re-investing (compounding) the divs is generally recommended too.

• @FootballArgos exactly my thinking, makes match days feel more like you have a fantasy football team as opposed to couple of high stake bets. If one player has a stinker, there is always a load more to look out for.

I'm definitely going to follow this method for the first year at least, slowly build up some small profits as I get more confident with the how everything works. Looking forward to the new season starting and seeing how FI operates when games are in free flow.

• I have always took the diverse portfolio approach until recently as i move everything to keepers which I consider now to be a diverse collection of keepers.

The biggest benefit of a diverse portfolio is that aside from the small but steady flow of dividends is that your portfolio grows with the platform and after a while you will always find it is easy to move money from one player to another when you notice an opportunity to get ahead of the market

• @Black-Wolf said in the upside and downside of a diverse port:

I have always took the diverse portfolio approach until recently as i move everything to keepers which I consider now to be a diverse collection of keepers.

The biggest benefit of a diverse portfolio is that aside from the small but steady flow of dividends is that your portfolio grows with the platform and after a while you will always find it is easy to move money from one player to another when you notice an opportunity to get ahead of the market

I have a diverse port which also includes keepers. Currently 25 players and 15 keepers but I have another three keepers to add, when I can afford to haha.

Done a fair bit of restructuring and alongside some measured IS's and several players falling, I'm sitting on hardly any profit but I'm viewing it as a new start.

My newly shaped portfolio is freshly planted and watered...........now for the growth!

• @Erased-Citizen good to see you have restored faith a little im sure you wont regret your restructure. Bring on the start of the EPL!!!

• @Erased-Citizen said in the upside and downside of a diverse port:

@Black-Wolf said in the upside and downside of a diverse port:

I have always took the diverse portfolio approach until recently as i move everything to keepers which I consider now to be a diverse collection of keepers.

I have a diverse port which also includes keepers. Currently 25 players and 15 keepers but I have another three keepers to add, when I can afford to haha.

Done a fair bit of restructuring and alongside some measured IS's and several players falling, I'm sitting on hardly any profit but I'm viewing it as a new start.

My newly shaped portfolio is freshly planted and watered...........now for the growth!

One step backwards for several steps forward. Roll on the good times!