Forum bugs log

• Talking errors or problems with the tech side of forum here, (not people). Hopefully list them here for FI to find and fix or share solutions amongst ourselves.

• I still can't type properly on phone. Seems mostly a replying issue rather than OP. Once the text goes below the keyboard it doesn't shift down to stay in sight and scrolling doesn't work either.

• My desktop tab won't open, says to log in but it won't recognise any of the details...

• Can't log in from the app either.

• There's 2 search buttons on menu?

• There's a broken image icon top left?

• Add in the notifications seem to be wrong, they either don’t appear or would fuck off after I’ve read them.

For a weeks down time I’m not actually sure what they improved and only seem to have caused more bugs.

• @Sav2000 yeh just noticed that, not getting notifications for some things, but seem to get loads about people editing their posts?

• Dunno about everyone else but on iPhone app when clicking the picture icon to upload a picture it just quits the app

• @FI_Gump has mentioned this on another thread

I have been on FI just over a year now and have been following the forum for a while without contributing too often. I wanted to try and get a bit more involved but can only seem to access it via the desktop website. I can view the forum and threads via the android mobile app, however it says I have to 'login to reply' when I try to do this, using my registered email address and FI password it says 'Login Unsuccessful - Invalid login credentials' (see uploaded image). This happened before the recent maintenance time and I have emailed FI CS a couple of times but to be honest they have not been so helpful! Has anyone else experienced anything like this and if so how did you solve it? I use the App so much more than desktop it would be way more convenient to be able to post on the forum from the app! Anyway, thanks in advance. ![alt text](

• Think I might have found a fix to the annoying issue on mobile where the text box obscures your view.

Try clicking to make it 'zen mode', it's the 4 arrows:

6d8531fc-f88b-4f7b-a818-0c1e3f5b7201-image.png

Helps to manage the problem on desktop too, although it's still not perfect.

• I am testing this on mobile.

To see what happens.

At

The

Bottom of

The page

When I go below the keyboard

Ah it's a horror show. Clicking zen mode merges the page with the opening post, then I need to press the back button on my phone to get out this view to post again.

What a load of absolute wank.

• @Westy said in Forum bugs log:

@FI_Gump has mentioned this on another thread

I have been on FI just over a year now and have been following the forum for a while without contributing too often. I wanted to try and get a bit more involved but can only seem to access it via the desktop website. I can view the forum and threads via the android mobile app, however it says I have to 'login to reply' when I try to do this, using my registered email address and FI password it says 'Login Unsuccessful - Invalid login credentials' (see uploaded image). This happened before the recent maintenance time and I have emailed FI CS a couple of times but to be honest they have not been so helpful! Has anyone else experienced anything like this and if so how did you solve it? I use the App so much more than desktop it would be way more convenient to be able to post on the forum from the app! Anyway, thanks in advance. ![alt text](

I can log onto the forum via the website on Android (As I am doing now), & via the laptop. But I cannot log onto the forum via the app. It's only read only. Laptop much more convenient to use.

• I'm back on the laptop. I can't log off the forum as I highlighted on a thread all of its own.

• The whole thing's a complete mess, why did they 'update' it?
    I can't see anything they have done that's improved things. What they have done, and it's all negative, is to delete/archive all the old threads and change the colour of the notifications to a rather disgusting orange that screws my eyesight over, like this:
    Screenshot (7).png

The sound for the notifications when you get an upvote/notification/message doesn't work and I also can't change the skin as it just stays the same.
    Pointless

• The whole project ha been a Casserole of nonsense from start to finish tbf

• @dean73 only improvement imo was the block function

• Just a small thing but if you have more than one up vote on a post you can't see who gave the other votes. I used to click on the vote's and it would tell you, now it just says 'error you cannot vote on your own post'.
    Unless someone could enlighten me?

• @Splurger_Dan said in Forum bugs log:

Just a small thing but if you have more than one up vote on a post you can't see who gave the other votes. I used to click on the vote's and it would tell you, now it just says 'error you cannot vote on your own post'.
    Unless someone could enlighten me?

One solution is just to start writing absolute drivel that nobody would want to upvote. Problem solved πŸ‘

• You have to hover over the number with a mouse - similarly to an eagle hovering over a mouse

28f976c6-c28e-4dfe-9b6d-f6e6c2f33e08-image.png

• @Yellow πŸ˜‚ that's generally what I do just wanted to give it the big un that I'm popular

• @Advinculas-Index πŸ˜‚ that's not much use on my phone or iPad. It's the same on both the app and the website

• @Splurger_Dan said in Forum bugs log:

@Advinculas-Index πŸ˜‚ that's not much use on my phone or iPad. It's the same on both the app and the website

Maybe a peregrine Falcon?

• @Ddr Didn't even know about that. I wonder who the first person I'm going to block is. Sorry, I mean the 2nd person after Eric of course.

• This post is deleted!