Luis Alberto

• Decent investment in my opinion....only £1.67 !!!

The stats don't lie:

• 30 Starts
    • 11 Goals and 12 Assists
    • 5 MOTM awards
    • 7.73 rating on WhoScored
    • Possible WC Squad player?
    • Age 25 so could be on the Premier League teams radar?

• Definitely agree with this one. I really don’t understand why he’s so cheap.

• The stats don't lie but nor are they necessarily relevent to determining a good FI purchase. Appearances, MOTM, and WhoScored ratings don't really count towards PB scoring.

Do you know much buzz he's returned this year?

• He is unlikely to play for Spain. Only has one substitute appearance so far and that was in November last year. Lazio don't have many games left for him to get PB and with the speculation around SMS it's unlikely he will transfer (personal opinion).

He has played in England before and didn't do that well. Can anyone imagine a winger failing in England, going to Italy and coming back and scoring a tonne of goals?

I can understand the Price but as you say it's still not a bad price. He does have solid PB stats so could be a good shout for next season if you don't mind waiting.

• @Ozzlebert said in Luis Alberto:

He has played in England before and didn't do that well. Can anyone imagine a winger failing in England, going to Italy and coming back and scoring a tonne of goals?

Applause emoji :D

Andy's a Chelsea fan so I doubt there's anyone that springs to mind!

By the way, 4p PB returns total for Luis A, haven't checked when that was though.

• @playingcards1 no i don't know what the buzz return is this year (maybe someone else can answer this question)....i would be very surprised if traders invest without looking at stats first !!

I get the impression that a lot of traders invest in players based on Age/Transfer News/Media Popularity......but look at Salah for example, loads of goals and traders are investing in him, if he wasn't scoring then he would be near the same price as Lewandowski !!

If Depay went back to England and started scoring 25+ goals a season then would he be a £9.40 player like Salah???

• @AndyP32 said in Luis Alberto:

@playingcards1 no i don't know what the buzz return is this year (maybe someone else can answer this question)....i would be very surprised if traders invest without looking at stats first !!

I get the impression that a lot of traders invest in players based on Age/Transfer News/Media Popularity......but look at Salah for example, loads of goals and traders are investing in him, if he wasn't scoring then he would be near the same price as Lewandowski !!

If Depay went back to England and started scoring 25+ goals a season then would he be a £9.40 player like Salah???

Ultimately a player's value derives from their anticipated dividend return. Salah is picking up hatfuls of MB and PB which is why he's nearly £10. This is helped by him scoring loads of goals.

So if Depay went back to England and started tearing it up and making the back pages, scoring hattricks from the halfway line every game and hitting 300+ PB scores, hanging out with Neymar and Barack Obama, and generally returning massive dividends, then he'd also shoot up.

• @AndyP32 said in Luis Alberto:
    i would be very surprised if traders invest without looking at stats first !!

This is absolutely right. As playingcards1 pointed out, the stats you used in your post weren't necessarily those relevant to a player's price though. In order for you to come to the conclusion that he is a "decent investment" (not saying you're wrong by the way), it would have made more sense to research his previous PB scores and dividend returns than his MOTM awards and WhoScored ratings.

• @BL__FI let me think.....winger failing in England.....going to Italy....coming back and scoring a ton of goals......OH SH*T....don't you dare mention anyone...lol

• @BL__FI cheers for this, i just need to find a list of previous PB scores for players, does anyone have them? are they online?

• @AndyP32 Unfortunately not for free. @Noirx4 does a great service with all the scores for a pound a month or you can get some free graphs on www.footballindexedge.com (or pay for the subscription service for full data)

• Watched him at Liverpool. Couldn’t run a bath that lad. Don’t see him ever playing for a big club again.

• @Super-Billy-Kee said in Luis Alberto:

Watched him at Liverpool. Couldn’t run a bath that lad. Don’t see him ever playing for a big club again.

Couldn’t compete in the Paralympics this kid, bad investment imo

• @Milner-is-GOD

Having fun on the forum today🤣

Good luck in the CL final.

Will Salah stay?

Wiltshire is coming to replace the Ox (good luck with that)

• @Happy-Hornet I’m having a wonderful day today mate I hope you are, Salah is going nowhere as he loves the fans unlike that other rat coutinho, Keita will be walking into mildfielder with the greatest two centre mids in the world at the moment (Milner hendo) when we bring a CB in, it looks like the league will be ours along with b2b champo leagues

• @Milner-is-GOD "Next year will be ours", where have i heard that before???

• @Milner-is-GOD milner has been immense this season. Loving him. Far from convinced on hendo though

• @AndyP32 email noirx4@hotmail.com for more info and a free sample of three players of your choice

• @AndyP32 grow up mate we’re only here for a good time, look at pat lampard, loved the scousers her and I wonder why, maybe it’s because we’re not as miserable as u Chelsea lot

• @Noirx4 he’s bullied, KDB, Silva and Fernandinho 3 times this season, also bullied the whole Roma midfield, been our best player since January, can’t wait to watch him bully modric and kros

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.